Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times

Advertisements

To begin with, a simple 10 percent interest on just one billion dollars amounts to $100,000,000 (one hundred million dollars) in interest alone per year. From a working person's perspective, it would take 100 lifetimes, (of 40 working years each), for a person earning $25,000 per year to earn the amount of income each of our billionaires can earn in interest, per billion, per year. (without lifting a finger) Who pays for these previously mentioned profits? You of course, through an unnecessarily high cost of living (high cost of goods and services, high bank interest rates and inflated real estate prices, etc.).

"The World's Billionaires" Forbes (Jul 23 1990): p121
{B4} "Billionaires" Forbes (Oct 23 1989): p164, p152
{B5} "Drug Money Soils Clean Hands" Insight (Aug 21 1989): p14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 PM

865 posts, read 623,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
First of all, in order for the rich to have become rich, they either 1) stole their riches by pillaging and robbing; or 2) depended on the poor as consumers to use whatever service or product the person who became rich had in the first place.

So it seems like the rich wouldn't be rich had it not been via the poor.
"We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion that the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one!" Ronald Reagan

This.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
"We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion that the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one!" Ronald Reagan

This.
Wow such amazing insight Reagan must have had as President? Haha one of the worst....but what do you expect from a two bit Hollywood actor. Reagan was a whimp and a fraud. Just another shill plundering and pillaging the American middle class for the sake of the wealthy. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Carter, Nixon, blah blah blah.....all cut from the same cloth.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Wow such amazing insight Reagan must have had as President? Haha one of the worst....but what do you expect from a two bit Hollywood actor. Reagan was a whimp and a fraud. Just another shill plundering and pillaging the American middle class for the sake of the wealthy. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Carter, Nixon, blah blah blah.....all cut from the same cloth.
Quote:
I've never sucked a dime off the government. I'm a hard working, law abiding, tax paying private sector employee naturally born in America. So everyone that sees the filthy rich for who they are all of a sudden are left wing, welfare, goverment cheese eating, spendthrifts? LMAO! It's no wonder how easily brainwashed and deceived the German people were by Hitler. The same thing is going on in America.....only instead of Hitler the American people are being deceived and brainwashed by the rich. Pathetic! Everything we fought so hard for during the Revolutionary War was in vain and for nothing.
I would respond, but you lost me at Hitler.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times
Quote:
http://thankyoubasedgod.com/forum/images/smilies/agreement6.gif (broken link)

Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
A worker is not necessarily worth more than the business organizer.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
A worker is not necessarily worth more than the business organizer.
Which came first...the worker or the capital? Same old same old. Human beings need to move past this nonsense if we are ever to progress as a species and reach our true potential. But we are still stuck in infancy...akin to a child throwing temper tantrums, throwing his food, and pooping himself. That is the level at which human beings function right now. See back in the day of the caveman......capital was all around them. Trees, animals to hunt, caves to use as shelter So this nonsense that the rich somehow have a right to their capital and the right to increasingly and exponentially concentrate this capital into the hands of the few by subverting freedom,liberty, government and a free market goes against everything America stands for and has stood for since we kicked Britain's ass 200+ years ago. Capital should be spread among ALL capitalists i.e. all of the US citizens who are willing to work hard and be productive members of society. The greater good! If the rich want to go back to the days of the caveman fine with me....I'd have no problem clubbing the Bernie Madoff's of the world over the head and stealing their wealth.......most of the rich are spineless cowards who couldn't fight off a flock of ladybugs and employ others to do their dirty work.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Which came first...the worker or the capital? Same old same old. Human beings need to move past this nonsense if we are ever to progress as a species and reach our true potential. But we are still stuck in infancy...akin to a child throwing temper tantrums, throwing his food, and pooping himself. That is the level at which human beings function right now. See back in the day of the caveman......capital was all around them. Trees, animals to hunt, caves to use as shelter So this nonsense that the rich somehow have a right to their capital and the right to increasingly and exponentially concentrate this capital into the hands of the few by subverting freedom,liberty, government and a free market goes against everything America stands for and has stood for since we kicked Britain's ass 200+ years ago. Capital should be spread among ALL capitalists i.e. all of the US citizens who are willing to work hard and be productive members of society. The greater good! If the rich want to go back to the days of the caveman fine with me....I'd have no problem clubbing the Bernie Madoff's of the world over the head and stealing their wealth.......most of the rich are spineless cowards who couldn't fight off a flock of ladybugs and employ others to do their dirty work.
Wow, interesting to see how a liberal really thinks.

I worked for a small business a few years ago, a pretty typical American success story. 20 years ago the owner of this business put up his house and borrowed money from friends and family to start this business. His idea/s and business acumen were impeccable and his business thrived. In ten years, he went from 1 store to over 150...that's about the time I hired on.

So, with your logic, I should have been making/getting what this guy gets? I didn't risk anything, but I should reap the rewards of his efforts? How the hell does that work? I was grateful to have a good paying job with benefits (he provided over 100 of those), but I never expected to make what he did!

With this screwed up logic, who would ever take the risk of starting a business?!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Wow, interesting to see how a liberal really thinks.

I worked for a small business a few years ago, a pretty typical American success story. 20 years ago the owner of this business put up his house and borrowed money from friends and family to start this business. His idea/s and business acumen were impeccable and his business thrived. In ten years, he went from 1 store to over 150...that's about the time I hired on.

So, with your logic, I should have been making/getting what this guy gets? I didn't risk anything, but I should reap the rewards of his efforts? How the hell does that work? I was grateful to have a good paying job with benefits (he provided over 100 of those), but I never expected to make what he did!

With this screwed up logic, who would ever take the risk of starting a business?!
And what does that have to do with the multibillionaires who control our country and have bought our government and subverted democracy? I'm not anti-business, nor am I anti free market. Nor any of the other things you want to label someone like me as. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that 1% of the population controls 90% of the wealth in this country.

Im sure all the employees under your boss made a living wage in which they could afford a roof over their head, transportation, food, clothing, maybe good health coverage, retirement, maybe some paid time off/vacation days, right? Or was it the typical business that makes their money off the back of naive teenagers willing to work for gas money like a serf or some Mexican with 5 kids and a 6th grade education. If it wasn't for that type of worker there wouldn't be success stories like yours. Get a clue! You fail to even understand how business and economics works.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Why shouldn't every American born in this country receive 5-10 acres of productive natural resources be it farmland, timber, mining, etc? They can do with it what they wish. Hell they can sell it off if they have no desire to be productive. But atleast they have the opportunity and the god given right to a chunk of this planet we call Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies