Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 05:39 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
But we're talking about philanthropy here, you can't bring in a situation where someone agrees to work for a certain amount and use that to counter it.

Why are business owners richer than their employees?
The topic being disagreed upon here is whether the poor would be even worse if it were not for the rich. I ain't about to get tangled up with you on something irrelevant to that. It all comes back to consumerism and employees who provide in order for there to be rich people in the first place. I don't even think that's debatable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
The topic being disagreed upon here is whether the poor would be even worse if it were not for the rich. I ain't about to get tangled up with you on something irrelevant to that. It all comes back to consumerism and employees who provide in order for there to be rich people in the first place. I don't even think that's debatable.
I'm not debating that, I just thought you were making the argument that the poor don't need the rich. They both need each other.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
I think both of them should be exterminated, maybe then we wouldn't be hearing all this whining and complaining.

yeah, exterminating can have lots of different connotations, it doesn't have to automatically mean killing.

maybe it should be the end of "too big to fail, or too small to succeed."

Old 06-19-2011, 05:45 PM

1,027 posts, read 825,234 times
What a retarded debate.

Some CEO's are worth every penny they are paid...

Some get paid Millions for losing BILLIONS.

Either way they all depend on the WORKER.

And by definition a WORKER is NOT paid what they are worth because then there would be no profit.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM

172 posts, read 362,628 times
90% of taxes is paid by the top 2%. What do the poorer people get? Free welfare checks for doing nothing. Guess who pays for those welfare checks?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
If everyone was a CEO, there would be no employees now would there.

I'm all for everyone being self employed and seeing what the real world is like!!

Where you make it based on your Education, Professionalism, Integrity, Talent, Responsibility, and Dependability. No one is equal in that atmosphere. It is what separates you from the masses, that makes you rich.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
I'd like for capitalists to answer this question.........why in a country like America shouldn't every natural born citizen at birth be handed some form of natural ownership of their country free to do with it what they want? Maybe some oil stock? Maybe some land? Maybe some timber? Maybe this or that? Why should the rich own everything?

I mean you'e got families and individuals in America who own MILLIONS of acres of land. ONE PERSON OWNING MILLIONS OF ACRES? And that is capitalism? LMAO! I guess the Ted Turner's of the world "earned" through hard work, innovation, and intelligence all the wealth and benefits from their land right? LMAO! American idiots showing their true colors again. The Revolutionary War taught us nothing as a nation. We are stupid people making the same mistakes over and over again.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
If everyone was a CEO, there would be no employees now would there.
You are wrong:

Its o.k. to be both.

Sole proprietorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-19-2011, 06:16 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Looking over these responses reminds me that to a liberal every business owner is an evil billionaire.

Can someone tell me why it is so hard for liberals to see the HUNDREDS of business owners in their own community who are just trying to make it like everyone else?

When you say "business owner" all they think of is "The Richâ„¢" and the pure subjugation of the noble poor.

I wish I could explore the bizarre fantasy world of the American liberal; such a fantastical place it must be.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
What is being successfully hidden from public awareness is the fact that the widening gap between the haves and the have-nots is an ongoing process, and one which is running even now at full throttle. The extent to which the bottom 90% are being successfully deceived can be made more obvious by noting just how the current economic bad times are affecting American billionaires.
A good example, but not necessarily a typical one, is Sam Walton and family, who increased their wealth by $2,300,000,000 (from $6.7 billion to approximately $9 billion), in a twelve month period, from the time Fortune magazine took their 1988 survey, to the time they took their 1989 survey. For those who believe that the rich pay high taxes, Sam's pre-tax profits had to have been considerably higher than $2.3 billion. Even a 25% tax rate would put his pre-tax profits in excess of $3,000,000,000 for a 12 month period!!!

THE RICH CAN AFFORD TO PAY 90% IN TAXES AND THEY SURE AS HELL SHOULD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies