Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,825,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, he's right that we have lost something of our soul. But, as evidenced by the responses here and elsewhere to what we did, we lost it so long ago that many are unaware that we ever had it.

The timing of this event makes it reek of being a tool used for the purpose of changing political winds. And, of course, it has worked very well. An execution such as this would have felt right within weeks - perhaps months, at the outside, of 9/11/01. But it doesn't feel right today, considering the ample opportunity we have had over 10 years to get this guy. Personally, my gut doesn't tell me that we did this for the right reasons.
Well that makes sense, with the election 18 months away and all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,900,613 times
Michael Moore is a white supremacist! He criticized Obama.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,158,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nah! You're more fun and more harmful.
Ah, the true nature of the right wing comes out..again. They enjoy hurting others. Doesn't matter who is right or what the facts are, just as long as they get to poke the victim repeatedly for their amusement.

And what was Michael Moore's point? Something about us losing our way...? Case proven. Thread over.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,563,060 times
Maybe.

[but I'm not worried]

Old 05-07-2011, 07:45 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,238,972 times
Michael Moore is just in it for the money and the 15 minutes of fame at a time. he can't even standup to a decent counter without having a script;he stumbles so much.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,890,807 times
Moore claims that the US is better than these other countries, but we sure don't act like it. In fact, we continue to support these regimes only to later move to eliminate them.

He can't be as naive as he appears. He knows that the US has now become the military arm of a global alliance.

Unfortunately, the populace of this country is far to stupid to understand. Instead, they keep lining up at the Golden Corral to gorge themselves, buying Iphones and crap that they don't need or can afford and buying into the drivel that spews from our media and corporate driven politicians.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,811,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that makes sense, with the election 18 months away and all!
Don't kid yourself.

The campaign is in full swing now. And, with Obama's poll numbers having slid downward arguably close to the point of little recovery chance, there would not be a better time to jolt them into the opposite direction with a seismic event....thereby establishing a platform with a far greater chance of success as the campaign continues. I am not saying that is how and why it happened....just that it's possible and plausible to me.

I again say this just doesn't feel right. And handled this way all these years later is most certainly not going to make us safer.

Speaking as a conservative, but not in the way many people define conservatism these days, I have never understood all this animosity toward Michael Moore. He has been wrong about some things, but he has also been right about some things. His biggest problem is that he carries ideas that are fundamentally sound in moderation to a point so far beyond moderation that they fall off the cliff into the realm of dreamland. That is how I characterize "Capitalism - A Love Story", a movie that I enjoyed and that all Americans should see. A lot of food for thought and a lot of sound ideas just taken so far that they deflate much of the credibility built earlier in the film.

Michael Moore's is a voice that average Americans need in the public dialog, given the pillaging of our nation in recent years by big business....in the name of "conservatism".

Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,111,723 times
How dare he do that!! It's just not fair to criticize minorities when they are in leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Michael Moore is a white supremacist! He criticized Obama.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 PM

7,479 posts, read 4,058,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, he's right that we have lost something of our soul. But, as evidenced by the responses here and elsewhere to what we did, we lost it so long ago that many are unaware that we ever had it.

The timing of this event makes it reek of being a tool used for the purpose of changing political winds. And, of course, it has worked very well. An execution such as this would have felt right within weeks - perhaps months, at the outside, of 9/11/01. But it doesn't feel right today, considering the ample opportunity we have had over 10 years to get this guy. Personally, my gut doesn't tell me that we did this for the right reasons.
Sounds to me like you have lost your backbone.........if you had one

Old 05-07-2011, 03:42 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,358,996 times
Michael Moore is hopelessly irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies