Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Obamacare 23 37.10%
Libya's war 3 4.84%
Guantanamo still open 7 11.29%
Auto bailout 1 1.61%
Wall Street bailout 4 6.45%
EPA Regulations 1 1.61%
Labor attacks against Boeing 4 6.45%
Israel criticized 1 1.61%
To give money to Brazil to develop their oil, but not our oil 3 4.84%
Other 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 PM

4,300 posts, read 7,076,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're joking, right? He's accomplished more in his first term than any modern president since FDR. Seriously. That's just an objective fact. Whether you agree with what he's done is another story, but he's done a lot.
"Objective fact"? How about a source for that claim.

Quote:
And to answer the question above, Obama actually gave the overall directive over a year before and was involved throughout the hunt and planning and invasion process. You really should educate yourself about current events.
Going to need a citation for this one too. News articles I read (3 of them, from different sources via Google) point to the fact that Obama was approached by the CIA with the plan after they were nearly positive he had been located, Obama has not involved in the planning process. So once again, a citation for your contradictory claim would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 09:00 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,091,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

What change he managed to ram down the nation's throat with regard to health care has done as much if not more to further impoverish the country and enrage voters as it has done to provide any actual assistance. .
Oh, impoverish the country. That's a serious charge, especially when considering that the major pieces don't go into effect until 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Bush was correct about Bin Laden. He was one person that was little more than a figurehead. His death accomplished essentially nothing to reduce to threat of terrorist activity.
So,what are you saying, Bush really was kidding about that little "Dead or Alive" thing?

I just love how the hard right redefines itself based upon circumstances. Had Obama done nothing to catch UBL, the right would have certainly denounced him as soft on terrorism. Since Obama lived up to his word, the right redefines the action as "no biggie."

Let me remind you that was Osama bin Laden -- the mastermind of the murder of 3,000 Americans -- some of them my friends and family -- and because Obama caught him, the right-wing is now marginalizing bin Laden as if he was an errand boy.

Why was getting bin Laden important? Because it tells the world that we do not forget and we will get you and your family.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 PM

38,846 posts, read 26,722,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're joking, right? He's accomplished more in his first term than any modern president since FDR. Seriously. That's just an objective fact. Whether you agree with what he's done is another story, but he's done a lot.

And to answer the question above, Obama actually gave the overall directive over a year before and was involved throughout the hunt and planning and invasion process. You really should educate yourself about current events.

After seven years of FDR's New Deal programs, GDP in constant dollars had finally inched back to pre-depression levels and unemployment was 17.2%.

What were FDR's grand accomplishments such that Obama accomplishing more or less would actually matter?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
little barry's accomplishments?

Divided the country more than any president in history since Lincoln. Hell of a job, Brownie...
Oct 27, 2010:
Quote:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s remarkably honest confession to National Journal’s Major Garrett that “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president” got kicked around at length during Tuesday’s White House briefing. Press Secretary Robert Gibbs‘ responses seemed designed to shame the opposition into post-midterm cooperation, but several reporters, myself included, wondered from whence this hope sprang. The voters seem poised to reward McConnell’s party for two years of obstruction, so what is their incentive to do anything differently?
Forget about the unemployed, the people or running a government. The most important thing for the Sen. Minority leader is to defeat Obama.

What's dividing the nation is the fact that the mainstream of the Republican Party is now what used to be the fringe ultra-right-wing John Birch Society branch that Republicans used to be ashamed to mention. Nixon was considered a conservative in his time and would have no place in his Party today.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,035,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
you can't muster a few key strokes into a search engine? he gave the damn order, he is the president. your illogical hateful anti-Obama believes are the ones that require evidence.
so: please give some statistics at least
1. our relationship with our allies
2. our terrorism projects (cost money)
3. his fault in the existance of his unreasonable enemies such as yourself that are the only things dividing the Congress
4. he is supposed to manipulate military efforts, since he is the President, but how did he do it solely for his personal gain and inspite of obvious dangers to other?
This is honestly not worthy of a serious response. Welcome to ignore.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama bin Laden - Times Online

"in a cave somewhere"?
Well, he wasn't in a cave and was able to comm with his operatives, so, the President ordered an operation to kill him. Do you disagree that was a good idea? Or is the hatred for Obama so great that even something like killing America's #1 enemy must be marginalized?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:22 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,850,260 times
Here's a list of 244 accomplishments. Granted, some of these are pretty minor.

President Obama’s 244 Accomplishments, Part 1 - Jack & Jill Politics

Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 PM

13,874 posts, read 9,873,644 times
Obama killed bin laden. The GOP let him slip away while they salivated over Iraq.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,884,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Um, you should be asking yourself about the 4000 lives lost plus in our US forces before you go posting such a cavalier question.
I thought this was a thread on Obama's policy being a bust, not about lives lost in- what you'd deem, Bushs' war... or was that instigated by the 3000 lives lost in NY? Now that, was pretty damn cavalier. Obama... he just got a call and had to say YES! "Should we proceed to kick the snot out of Obama sir?"... YES! Shwew that was tough.

- I know my stimulous just put us in more debt with negative returns - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I'm stealing $500B from Medicare to fund my social healthcare while giving waivers to my friends - but I got Bin Laden
- I know unemployment is 9.2% after trillions spent on shovel "not so ready as we thought" jobs - but I got Bin Laden
- I know cash for clunkers was a disaster - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I said I'd put an end to lobbyists in the White House, just to hire 35% more than any other President in history - but I got Bin Laden
- I know we've failed to prosecute any black on white racism cases - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I have the most inept Vice President to ever grace the office - but I got Bin Laden and besides all the above is Bushs' fault anyway.
- I know I made a fool of myself in England when I broke protocol then got schooled on international policy by the IPM on NATIONAL TELEVISION - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I said mine would be the most transparent Presidency in history and then locked out and punished all who opposed me - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I promised to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan and instead started bombing Pakistan, Libya and Yemen - but I got Bin Laden
- I know I said I'd close GITMO - but I got Bin Laden and besides this was all Bushs' fault... well not Pakistan, Libya and Yemen- but it sort of was.
- I know I said I'd be the President of Change ... now that one I did (although I made you believe I meant for the better, GOTCHA!)
- and if all of this isn't enough, may I remind you that I got Bin Laden! And being the humble man that I am I will give a small token of credit to Bush on this one.

How lightly can you judge this President? You are so critical of anyone with an R in front of their name you don't care if they're right. Carter was an absolute failure, yet Obama makes Carter look like a frikkin rockstar. Just how much of a failure will Obama have to be before you'll agree that he's failing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Here's a list of 244 accomplishments. Granted, some of these are pretty minor.
Another old list with mostly rediculous unsupported... you can't be serious. Did you read some of the things on this list? He put a stop to lobbyists? That alone makes this list suspect being as how he's surrounded himself with them. They just realeased the "friends list" last month and guess what... it's filled with lobbyists!

Last edited by steven_h; 07-03-2011 at 10:21 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 PM

898 posts, read 833,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oct 27, 2010: Forget about the unemployed, the people or running a government. The most important thing for the Sen. Minority leader is to defeat Obama.

What's dividing the nation is the fact that the mainstream of the Republican Party is now what used to be the fringe ultra-right-wing John Birch Society branch that Republicans used to be ashamed to mention. Nixon was considered a conservative in his time and would have no place in his Party today.
Another example of just how insane the left has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies