Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 4,530 times

Advertisements

Why doesn't Obama just simply provide proof of citizenship and end the inquisition? Seems reasonable to me. What is the big deal? Previous president's did not conceal their birth certificates, why does Obama? Seems a bit shady to me.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:26 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRidler View Post
Why doesn't Obama just simply provide proof of citizenship and end the inquisition? Seems reasonable to me. What is the big deal? Previous president's did not conceal their birth certificates, why does Obama? Seems a bit shady to me.
You haven't read much about this issue, have you? Obama is the ONLY President who has released his birth certificate (aka COLB). NO other President has released birth records.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well, then, what's this guy's problem

YouTube - Dr. Manning Apologizes To Donald Trump

notice the sign behind his head.
'They' won't answer you...except to call Dr. Manning some ugly name.

6 posts, read 4,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well that's not very nice but at least answers questions about the passport.

Obtain Copies of Passport Records
The truth is seldom very nice, but you are right, I was off topic.

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRidler View Post
Have you read nothing on this issue? Why do you think he didn't provide proof of citizenship, where did you get this idea? His proof of birth is posted all over the internet, a five minute google search should answer this question for everyone. Is this just a troll ?, or are you being serious?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:31 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You haven't read much about this issue, have you? Obama is the ONLY President who has released his birth certificate (aka COLB). NO other President has released birth records.
Because there was no question about their eligibilty, whereas there is with Obama. It's really pretty simple, straight forward...and very understandable.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Because there was no question about their eligibilty[sic], whereas there is with Obama. It's really pretty simple, straight forward...and very understandable.
The "question" is based on baseless speculation and outright lies. There is absolutely no evidence that actually suggests that Obama was born anywhere other than Honolulu.

Why don't you tell us what exactly you think happened? You know, answer that question about your theory of how Obama was born outside the US that you never seem to get around to answering?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Because there was no question about their eligibilty, whereas there is with Obama. It's really pretty simple, straight forward...and very understandable.
Not in the reality-based community, it's not. And yet, he is still the ONLY President who has released such proof - but you still don't believe it.

By the way, did you ever figure out how his mom managed to give birth to him in Kenya, get the birth announced in Hawaii by the DOH, and get a Hawaii birth certificate, etc,. etc., etc.? Because, as I recall, you're one of the people who has thus far denied all evidence that he was born here, yet haven't shared your alternate theory of events.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Not in the reality-based community, it's not. And yet, he is still the ONLY President who has released such proof - but you still don't believe it.

By the way, did you ever figure out how his mom managed to give birth to him in Kenya, get the birth announced in Hawaii by the DOH, and get a Hawaii birth certificate, etc,. etc., etc.? Because, as I recall, you're one of the people who has thus far denied all evidence that he was born here, yet haven't shared your alternate theory of events.
It's funny how they all ignore this question every time it's asked, not one person can come up with anything explaining how he came to be born in Kenya.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I just do not know what the deal is.

I am not a birther but, it seems to me these questions do need answered.

If I HAD to say, my guess would be Obama was born in Hawaii.

There is just many questions that should have been raised years ago.
Obama was an unknown on the national scene until August of 2004, all of 6 1/2 years ago. How do you know what was going on back in Illinois when he was a state sen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Obama and his team of lawyers have fueled this speculation since this all started. Are we having this discussion if he had produced the original back in 2008?
He did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What's on an actual birth certificate versus a certificate of live birth? Any information on a regular birth certificate that's not on a certificate of live birth like a footprint, for example?
Not footprints, no. They're not used for ID. Sorry to have spoiled your "gotcha" moment!

Here's what's on a long form that's not on Obama's COLB (in part): Mother's education level, father's education level, mother's mailing address at time of birth, whether this address was within the city limits of the city noted; date of mother's last period; date of mother's blood test for syphilis, number of pre-natal visits the mother had, complications of pregnancy; complications of labor and delivery; complications of the newborn. Some other stuff, too, I don't remember what all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you believe that same level of respect should be afforded to those who believe....:

- george bush orchestrated the attacks on 9/11.

- that nasa never travelled to the moon.

- that the government is covering up the remains of a UFO that crashed in roswell, NM.

.... and if not, why?
You forgot: John Kennedy is still alive in a nursing home
Elvis is alive in a nursing home.
And many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
How is that even relevant?

I don't get why he simply hasn't presented a birth certificate.
He has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "ridiculous" part of this discussion is people saying they remember when a child with no particular notariety was born. Why the hell would they ever remember the birth of a non-descript child unless he was a relative or the child of famous parents?

Answer- they would not.

I have witnessed the births of probably a few thousand kids. Can I remember any one of them? No, not unless the birth was accompanied by severe complications.

About the only birth to otherwise non descript parents in human history which was recounted was the birth of Christ. That is about it. To suggest that non relatives remembered Obama's birth is beyond ridiculous and is just another attempt by the left to cover (again) for their favorite failed politician.
This has been answered before, but the people who remember him had a relationship with his parents. I do not remember many of the deliveries that I worked in as a professional, but I certainly remember the babies of some of my co-workers and most of my friends. Although this has also already been addressed, one of the big biatches about Obama is supposedly that no one remembers him as a baby! So when documentation is shown to the contrary, it gets dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree...

I can not count the number of times I have been asked for my qualifications by customers.

And I am sure they would have not asked a man.

I have even been asked, "honey, will your husband be here?". lol

That is OK because the most important thing to me is my customers have their questions answered.

After all, they are paying the bill.

Just like the tax payers pay Obama.
Obama meets the qualifications of the constitution; he has shown proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
According to the polls, not so.

This is a different poll. The other done a few weeks ago was only 43%. The CNN polls done last year was also abysmal.

Exactly what I said - the more it's talked about, the worse the numbers get....for obama.

Trump is now saying the LF is missing.
1. This is not how we determine where a person was born.

2. Trump is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
This is exactly why people refuses to feed birthers, a bunch of pages ago all the birthers were complaining and finding it suspicious that no one remembered a black baby being born to a white woman in 1961, now they refuse to believe anyone could possibly remember Obama being born. Birthers will always find an excuse for their beliefs, they will never be satisfied, he produced a valid legal birth certificate, that's more than he needed to do, and quite enough for logical people who understand the law.
Exactly! Let's keep moving the goalposts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Pssst! Do you want to know a secret? All black children do not look black at birth. So can you (at least try to) imagine a bi-racial newborn? They would pretty much look white and therefore would look like any other white child in the nursery.Soooo.... why would anyone with ANY common sense even listen to that woman? I think that she is nuttier than a snickers bar

Come to think of it, I can't believe that you actually twisted your fingers to write that you can remember when you seen your first black person, I mean do you remember the first time that you seen a Mexican? How about an Asian? I really enjoy being remembered as if I was an object for display. Are you and the Trumpster related or did you both go to the same grammer school?
Before you disparage other people's education, you might learn to spell.

Not every black baby looks white, though some do. There were not many blacks in HI back then, but there were lots of Asians. People may well have though O. was an Asian/Caucasian baby.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-26-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies