Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Now granted, this whole birth certificate thing started with Hillary Clinton supporters....but enough is enough already.

1. There are many things to criticize Obama over. Many things that are more relevant and important to focus on to help ensure his defeat in 2012. The birth certificate is not one of them.

2. Its a distraction. Sorry, but it really is. I can say that perhaps this shouldve gotten this type of attention as its getting from all the news media in 08, but it didnt and its now 2011. Why do you think they are spending so much time on it? To take focus off other more important things.

3. Trump is either an idiot or part of it. For a man that you couldve swore was pretty much a liberal a few years ago, all of a sudden has flip flopped all over the place. You trust this guy? Do you know the man behind him, helping him run this whole thing is a big time liberal who has supported Obama in the past???? So either Trump is dumb and just doesnt get it, or he's part of all this. Just to see what sort of attention he could get and take off of real issues. Trump is more of a danger to the Right than some of you are willing to admit. It's such a shame to see some of you trust him and support him after no explanation for numerous flip flops, as well as claiming to be some Christian to the 700 Club when it was clear he doesnt know a thing about Christianity.

4. The GOP, Conservatives, Tea Party are in for a big negative surprise should one day Obama just decide to get whatever it is in Hawaii you dont think he has, and bust it out during a prime time speech. No matter that many of us on the Right arent parading around with this birth nonsense, we will all look very bad should this happen. And even if it doesnt, nothing is going to come up proving Obama wasnt born here. The longer people keep whining about this, the worse its going to be for us. So stop. You are hurting the Right and helping the Left. You want to beat Obama in 2012, all we have to do is put the focus on his record and the current state of affairs.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Now granted, this whole birth certificate thing started with Hillary Clinton supporters....but enough is enough already.

1. There are many things to criticize Obama over. Many things that are more relevant and important to focus on to help ensure his defeat in 2012. The birth certificate is not one of them.

2. Its a distraction. Sorry, but it really is. I can say that perhaps this shouldve gotten this type of attention as its getting from all the news media in 08, but it didnt and its now 2011. Why do you think they are spending so much time on it? To take focus off other more important things.

3. Trump is either an idiot or part of it. For a man that you couldve swore was pretty much a liberal a few years ago, all of a sudden has flip flopped all over the place. You trust this guy? Do you know the man behind him, helping him run this whole thing is a big time liberal who has supported Obama in the past???? So either Trump is dumb and just doesnt get it, or he's part of all this. Just to see what sort of attention he could get and take off of real issues. Trump is more of a danger to the Right than some of you are willing to admit. It's such a shame to see some of you trust him and support him after no explanation for numerous flip flops, as well as claiming to be some Christian to the 700 Club when it was clear he doesnt know a thing about Christianity.

4. The GOP, Conservatives, Tea Party are in for a big negative surprise should one day Obama just decide to get whatever it is in Hawaii you dont think he has, and bust it out during a prime time speech. No matter that many of us on the Right arent parading around with this birth nonsense, we will all look very bad should this happen. And even if it doesnt, nothing is going to come up proving Obama wasnt born here. The longer people keep whining about this, the worse its going to be for us. So stop. You are hurting the Right and helping the Left. You want to beat Obama in 2012, all we have to do is put the focus on his record and the current state of affairs.
You are 100% correct, I'm glad to hear someone clearly on the right stand out against this nonsense, maybe they will listen to you, although many will probably just think you are lying, and secretly love Obama. Many people who stand against birthers are not Obama fans. I'm not a righty or leftie, except on social freedoms, where I'm as left as they come. I wouldn't say I am particularly supportive of Obama, I stand against this birther nonsense because of it's disregard for the law and truth, and frankly I'm embarrassed that my fellow countryman can so easy fall victim to conspiracy theories, and refuse to use common sense, and very simple legal knowledge to get themselves back to reality.

Anyone who supports Trump for president must want to guarantee an Obama win. He's just a typical spoiled, celebrity hungry rich guy who wants to skip all the steps and go right to ruling the country, that's not going to happen.

Last edited by detshen; 04-26-2011 at 05:45 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
You are 100% correct, I'm glad to hear someone clearly on the right stand out against this nonsense. Many people who stand against birthers are not Obama fans. I'm not a righty or leftie, or particularly supportive of Obama, I stand against this birther nonsense because of it's disregard for the law and truth, and frankly I'm embarrassed that my fellow countryman can so easy fall victim to conspiracy theories, and refuse to use common sense to get themselves back to reality.

anyone who supports Trump for president must want to guaretee an Obama win.

Or they just arent paying attention and doing just a tiny, tiny bit of research. Not long ago, I was willing to give him a shot. I liked his attitude to degree and some of his ideas, but all it took was less than a half hours worth of research to find out this guy can not be trusted. If the fact that the person helping him out being a liberal and one time Obama supporter isnt enough for you then just take a look at many of the past statements of Trump compared to now. Look at his interview with the 700 Club. There is just too much there.

And let's say he truly has changed from what he use to believe. I still dont trust him and while I would take him over Obama, I dont want to see him in the White House, even if he were to run and actually win. But I dont even think he could win. I cant see him playing the game and being all diplomatic and semi-respectful during debates. Either way, I dont want him to run, I think he's a fraud, a distraction (purposely), and he is out there solely to help the Left. And even if he wasnt put out there by the Left to help Obama, it's exactly what he is doing.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, lest we not forget that the complete description was "fat cat banker", despite the Vivian Morris's slight inaccuracy, Ms Dunham did not "write loans" but advised on a number of financing programs for rural entrepreneurs in attempt to determine which were most effective.

I suggest that you read her own words regarding her work.

Surviving Against the Odds: Village ... - Google Books

By the way, how does her being a "fat cat banker" as you falsely argue or the factual account that she worked as an advisor for USAID and the World Bank fit in with storyline that she was some sort of "marxist anti-capitalist" activist?
In case you couldn't tell, and it appears you couldn't, the fat-cat banker is what your side has called every person that has anything to do with banks or even remotely talks about banks. Or did you miss all that this last election?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
In case you couldn't tell, and it appears you couldn't, the fat-cat banker is what your side has called every person that has anything to do with banks or even remotely talks about banks. Or did you miss all that this last election?
That's just ridiculous.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well, then, what's this guy's problem

YouTube - Dr. Manning Apologizes To Donald Trump

notice the sign behind his head.
That guy has been on Obama's a** for at least 3 years now. He was much more vile earlier on though.

What I don't get is how the hell does his mother have so many documents with regards to her and her travels but almost everything to do with Obama's past is at best murky. If anything all documents should be more available and in a better condition.
Barack Obama -- Stanley Ann Dunham Passport File

Pages and pages of documents...

Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
That's just ridiculous.
Only if you've been asleep for 4 years...

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...864d47f9f205c8

Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Only if you've been asleep for 4 years...

Google
There are "fat cat bankers" that have deeply hurt out economy, but no intelligent person thinks everyone involved in any kind of banking is a "fat cat banker," that's absurd. Helping give loans to poor women so they can start businesses, and support their children hardly makes one a "fat cat banker."

Fat Cat=
A wealthy and highly privileged person.
A wealthy person who is a heavy contributor to a political campaign.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
There are "fat cat bankers" that have deeply hurt out economy, but no intelligent person thinks everyone involved in any kind of banking is a "fat cat banker," that's absurd. Helping give loans to poor women so they can start businesses, and support their children hardly makes one a "fat cat banker."
Umm.. the whole reason they got the name fat-cats from Obama was because these banks were making loans to people who couldn't afford them. That's as ironic as it gets.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
It would benefit Republicans if they didn't get baited so much. Concentrate on people that really can do things well.

The Associated Press: Daniels' timeline for White House campaign ticking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies