Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I wouldn't put it in such a deprecating manner, but I agree it was obviously a reference to ancestral heritage, not actual place of birth.
Well, the diplomatic way didn't work. Repeating examples of other people saying the same things about Italy, Ireland, etc. didn't work. The birthers would post one youtube video, and when everyone didn't agree with them that that was the definitive word that Obama was born in Kenya, they'd post another one. So maybe telling birthers they are being deliberately dense will work (although it doesn't seem to have, since there are a ton more responses since the above post).

Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
In case you couldn't tell, and it appears you couldn't, the fat-cat banker is what your side has called every person that has anything to do with banks or even remotely talks about banks. Or did you miss all that this last election?
Concern yourself with what I say when responding to my comments, not what "my side" says or has said.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Concern yourself with what I say when responding to my comments, not what "my side" says or has said.
Or continues to say...

Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Umm.. the whole reason they got the name fat-cats from Obama was because these banks were making loans to people who couldn't afford them. That's as ironic as it gets.
The "fat cats" gave loans to people who couldn't afford them so the bankers could make more easy money. Importantly, if you read the quote, those women paid back their loans. There is nothing wrong with proper loans to help hard working people start businesses, and work to get ahead, that is a postive purpose that banks fill. We all know that is not what the "fat cats" were doing with sub prime mortgages, mortgage backed securties and bailouts etc...

Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
What I don't get is how the hell does his mother have so many documents with regards to her and her travels but....
passport records of the deceased are available thru the FOIA. they are not available for those still alive.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
They gave loans to people who couldn't afford them so the bankers could make more easy money. Importantly, if you read the quote, those women all paid back their loans. There is nothing wrong with proper loans to help people start businesses, and get ahead, that is a postive purpose that banks fill. We all know that is not what the "fat cats" were doing with sub prime mortgages, mortgage backed securties and bailouts etc...
Umm.. none of that makes sense in the context that was our elections for 2008.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM

6 posts, read 4,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Admit that you are all scared to death someone like him with up to $600 million of his own to spend may force Obama to raise at least $1 billion for his run at another term. Just think how much money the unions will have to give to Obama to keep him around. It looks to me like it may take at least 6 times as much from them this time.
At least the Donald generates his own income, Obama steals the income from hard working Americans and hands it over to the whores in wall street!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
passport records of the deceased are available thru the FOIA. they are not available for those still alive.
Well that's not very nice but at least answers questions about the passport.

Obtain Copies of Passport Records

Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i suspect the same but....... in the case of his current exploits he has only made life hard on the GOP and has actually helped the obama campaign.
To some extent, yes...but since Trump is willing to say what he thinks (because he's not a politician) he has brought the eligibility issue to millions more people, which I think is a good thing.

Obama has lied many times, broken promises, and continues to make poor decisions and use poor judgement. Such a person cannot be trusted. Throw in an enormous amount of highly questionable things in Obama's past and it's understandable why tens of millions of Americans doubt or question him concerning his birth place...and eligibilty.

Anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature would question someone like Obama. The man obviously has something he does not want revealed. Americans deserve better.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Umm.. none of that makes sense in the context that was our elections for 2008.
You are the one who posted a link where every site was from December 2009, not the elections. You called Obama's mother a "fat Cat" banker, people rightly disagreed with that description, please get over it and get back on the topic of birthers, or start a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.