Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times

Advertisements

There are bills & proposed bills in 4 states to require Presidential candidates to show their birth certificates- but none have yet gone forward.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The state of Hawaii has his birth certificate, it's posted widely on the internet, and even Boehner says Obama is a US citizen. Trump just cost himself the election before he even started from showing he's a birther nutcase.
do you have a link

Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
There are bills & proposed bills in 4 states to require Presidential candidates to show their birth certificates- but none have yet gone forward.
Reputation point to the first poster to say why virtually all of these state birther bills are unconstitutional.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:55 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Just as I'd want proof of insurance from a guy who was going to cut down trees in my yard, I want proof of eligibility from a jerk as leftist as this screwball in the WH, AND I want proof his citizenship wasn't given up when he went to live in Kenya, as has been presented. ELIGIBILITY. It's NOT a dirty word. Why are all of you so sure you should believe and defend this jacka**? Why not question it? What's he done for you that's so great? Name one other president who's had 37 far left moonbats for 'czars' that work as a shadow government.

I'm not convinced he's legal or illegal, but I am convinced I want TRANSPARENCY and proof. We should demand it of anyone in that position.

I think Trump is an egomaniac.. narcissist.. whatever you'd like to label his personality.. but he's successful and brilliant in the business world and walks among the movers and shakers. I say thanks to him for pressing the issue. Whether he wins or loses is irrelevant to me, but I thank him for stepping up to the plate and pushing the issue.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Just as I'd want proof of insurance from a guy who was going to cut down trees in my yard, I want proof of eligibility from a jerk as leftist as this screwball in the WH, AND I want proof his citizenship wasn't given up when he went to live in Kenya, as has been presented. ELIGIBILITY. It's NOT a dirty word. Why are all of you so sure you should believe and defend this jacka**? Why not question it? What's he done for you that's so great?
First of all, if you're going to be making accusations of ineligibility, it might be somewhat helpful to get your facts straight. Obama has never lived in Kenya, despite Huckabee's false statements to the contrary.

Further, Obama's birth certificate has been posted on his website; no other President in American history has disclosed their birth certificate to the public while in office. It's backed by contemporaneous newspaper announcements and multiple statements from the Republican governor of Hawaii and her Republican director of health.

Quote:
Name one other president who's had 37 far left moonbats for 'czars' that work as a shadow government.
Ignoring your ridiculous rhetoric, "czars" have been a part of presidential administrations for decades now. They're normal and have been a part of Republican and Democratic administrations for many decades, despite the apparently hypocritical shrieking of many Republicans about it today.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Just as I'd want proof of insurance from a guy who was going to cut down trees in my yard, I want proof of eligibility from a jerk as leftist as this screwball in the WH, AND I want proof his citizenship wasn't given up when he went to live in Kenya, as has been presented. ELIGIBILITY. It's NOT a dirty word. Why are all of you so sure you should believe and defend this jacka**? Why not question it? What's he done for you that's so great? Name one other president who's had 37 far left moonbats for 'czars' that work as a shadow government.

I'm not convinced he's legal or illegal, but I am convinced I want TRANSPARENCY and proof. We should demand it of anyone in that position.

I think Trump is an egomaniac.. narcissist.. whatever you'd like to label his personality.. but he's successful and brilliant in the business world and walks among the movers and shakers. I say thanks to him for pressing the issue. Whether he wins or loses is irrelevant to me, but I thank him for stepping up to the plate and pushing the issue.

He publicly released his birth certificate, something no other prior President even did, so he has gone above and beyond what others have done.

He never lived in Kenya, he lived in Indonesia for about four years as a child, you don't lose citizenship if you lived in another country for four years as a child.

Czars are nothing new, Reagan had Czar's, Bush had about 40.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
That's just one outlet.
Yes. That's what"exclusive" means.

Quote:
And he was on The View...
Another journalistic powerhouse, if ever there was one.

Quote:
You folks are having fun taking whacks at the man, but if Obama has anything to hide, Trump is a dangerous opponent.
I'm not taking whacks at Donald Trump, he's undertaking a pretty clever PR campaign. I am, however, openly mocking those who think Trump truly has Presidential ambitions.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:09 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Trump Releases His Birth Certificate to Newsmax - Donald Trump - Fox Nation

Newsmax Exclusive

Donald Trump, who has been making television appearances calling for President Barack Obama to release his official birth documents, on Monday released his birth certificate exclusively to Newsmax.

“It took me one hour to get my birth certificate. It’s inconceivable that after four years of questioning, the President still hasn’t produced his birth certificate. I’m just asking President Obama to show the public his birth certificate. Why’s he making an issue out of this?"

I really do not know why he did it and I don't care
I still like the Donald

Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He publicly released his birth certificate
Maybe not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTgAuVFo7iU

Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:
but he's successful and brilliant in the business world
He declared business bankruptcy in 1991, barely avoided personal bankruptcy, in 2004 Trump Hotels filed for bankruptcy, in 2008 he failed to pay a $40m loan to Deutsche Bank, in 2009 Trump Entertainment Resorts filed for bankruptcy. Not a good track record if you want to be the Pres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies