Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I think I saw that movie. Wasn't there swordplay involved?
I just saw a movie about that last night on TV, an old Clint Eastwood flick. It was fiction.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I just saw a movie about that last night on TV, an old Clint Eastwood flick. It was fiction.
Somehow had something different in mind when I read swordplay!

Old 03-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Let me tell you the plot (for comic relief):

This guy got a BC for someone in Denver who had died young, and used it to get a CO driver's license. Now, I am here to tell you, considering the abilities of the people that work at our DMV, that would not surprise me. Anyway, this guy was trying to kill the president. Clint Eastwood was the secret service agent who was trying to stop him.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
I thought we were talking about Don Diego de la Vega.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
So were you lying when you claimed that everybody who had made statements about Obama's birth certificate was a Democrat, or did you just post without bothering to check your facts?

Did you lie, or were you just lazy?
you make an excellent slayer of the birthers!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yes, it seems that "The Donald" who he knows how to settle our deficit problems, and he does deal in huge amounts of money all the time is ready to join the fold of the birthers. I would think that if he intends to spend up to $600 million of his own money in a run for the Presidency he must not really fear any libs who will try to run him down for being a birther and a racist. He will not decide whether to run for the Republican nomination before June but he has intimated that he may run as an independent. With that pile of money Obama will need at least $1 billion. That kind of number doesn't bother Obama though.

Birther? Potential 2012 Contender Donald Trump Doubts Obama’s Citizenship | The Blaze
Did Obama ever offer the original long form birth certificate after a bunch of his family said he wasn't born in the United States?
No he did not and I don't blame people for wanting proof when many in your own family said you were born elsewhere.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
I think the "crazy birthers" will end up having the last laugh after Obama is kicked to the curb. I predict there will be expressed shock and horror from those who formerly supported him.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Did Obama ever offer the original long form birth certificate after a bunch of his family said he wasn't born in the United States?
No he did not and I don't blame people for wanting proof when many in your own family said you were born elsewhere.
Who in his family said he wasn't born in the US? Not his step-grandmother, who is frequently quoted as saying she did say so. Not his wife, whose words were twisted by the birthers to mean that he wasn't born here.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So which long discredited birther "expert" with no actual training in document forensics do you rely on in your apparently belief that Obama's birth certificate was forged? Why do you think that the Republican governor of Hawaii and her Republican appointed head of the Department of Health did nothing for over two years in light of a publicly disclosed birth certificate that you believe is forged?

How come you forgot to mention the fact that Obama's step-grandmother (assuming that's the one you're saying claimed he wasn't born in the United States) said that Obama was born in Hawaii?

Further, let's take a look at the transcript.

Quote:
VOICE (background): It was Hawaii.
VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background):
Hawaii.
BROTHER TOM (background): Hawaii, yeah?
VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background): Yeah.
TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (background): Yes.
TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (to McRae): Sir, she says he was born in
Hawaii.
MCRAE: OK.
TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Yeah, in 1960 this was Hawaii, where his
father, his father was also marrying there. This was Hawaii.
I will also assume that the second (because apparently to a birther, a bunch = 2) person that would fall into your category is Michelle Obama, who said that “When we took our trip to Africa and visited [Barack's] home country in Kenya, we took a public HIV test.”

This is the sort of pure literalism that leads birthers to question whether Obama's middle name is actually Steve because Barack joked about that at a dinner event. Does anybody who claims to be Irish on St. Patrick's Day open up the possibility that they were actually born in Ireland? Of course not.

Please stop spreading birther lies.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
I can't wait for the great "reveal" after Obama is out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies