Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
I don't know how anyone can support these kinds of tactics.
Part and parcel of the Left. They're proud of it, even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Explain how that would be in the best interest of the state. You know, the stipulation that's required by the bill.
I will pretend this is a serious question. The no bid aspect of that line, is not in the best interests of the State, for obvious reasons. Yet it would be allowed by this law.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Its not about states with them. Its about individuals *union members*. Its about those who can best help themselves by screwing over the tax payer while helping out the demorat party.

Funny, isnt it the liberals who are always screaming about wall street and the rich who "screw over the little guy"???? Well Unions screw over the middle class and have done so for decades. Hmmmm, I wonder why there is no outcry about that..... Oh that's right, Unions largely contribute to Democrats and Unions have POWER. That is what this is about. We know it and they know it. They lose here, they lose a little bit of power. ANd they know they are screwed if this spreads.
I want EVERYONE to remember that next time your property tax bill increases, or the next time your mortgage payment increases because the tax escrow is higher. BucsLose nails it! Your tax bills keep increasing because the public employee unions have been screwing taxpayers for decades.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I will pretend this is a serious question. The no bid aspect of that line, is not in the best interests of the State, for obvious reasons. Yet it would be allowed by this law.
There is no requirement for 'no bid' only. The inclusion of an optional bid process facilitates and ensures the required accountability. Your logic fails.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Quote:
There is no requirement for 'no bid' only. The inclusion of an optional bid process facilitates and ensures the required accountability. Your logic fails.
If the Gov does not want more than one bid and asked the Kochs for that bid and will not ask anyone else, which we pretty much know he detests that kind of thing, the only bid will be the Kochs. The fact that open bids could be allowed, means nothing if the head guy doesn't want them. If that thought fails to reach your processing center, I can be of no help to you.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Walker is obviously dancing to the tune of the tea people controlling the GOP plan.

This whole Wisconsin situation is truly a testbed for the ultra-right agenda.

It is interesting that the democrats, the party of fiscal irresponsibility and financial chaos, would call the effort to balance the state budget an "ultra right" agenda.

I guess "ultra right" now means absolutely correct.

The party of fiscal irresponsibility, the democrats, would prefer that financial collapse and anarchy ensue. Now that is a "plan".

Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My husband worked for a republican governor. I just find it interesting that a call like that could even get through to the governor without verification (not a common practice--I guarantee you). You're right, he didn't seem to know him personally, but he was sure excited to talk to him about state behind the scenes strategy. He won't return the calls of the Dem Senators to try to negotiate with him in good faith as colleagues, but if KOCH calls he's jumping up and down to give him all the dirty, scummy details on how he's going to try to trick them.

I smell a recall vote in the air, regardless of how this all turns out in the end...
You sense of smell is very keen!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/wisco...committed.html

Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If the Gov does not want more than one bid and asked the Kochs for that bid and will not ask anyone else, which we pretty much know he detests that kind of thing, the only bid will be the Kochs. The fact that open bids could be allowed, means nothing if the head guy doesn't want them. If that thought fails to reach your processing center, I can be of no help to you.
What about the accountability clause do you not understand? You're trying really hard to not see the blatantly obvious. It would be pretty easy to point out that a 'no bid' sweetheart deal for the Kochs would not be in the state's best interest.

Think about it, bob. Why would the same people who are outraged that the public employee unions have been ripping them off for decades suddenly say it's perfectly okay for the Koch's to rip them off? They wouldn't! Get a clue, man!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,130 times
Default Wis. Gov duped by crank call, admits plan to destroy unions!!

Walker believed the caller was a conservative billionaire named David Koch, but it was actually the editor of a liberal online newspaper. The two talked for at least 20 minutes — a conversation in which the governor described several potential ways to pressure Democrats to return to the Statehouse and revealed that his supporters had considered secretly planting people in pro-union protest crowds to stir up trouble.

On the call, Walker said he expected the anti-union movement to spread across the country and he had spoken with the governors of Ohio and Nevada. The man pretending to be Koch seemed to agree, telling Walker, "You're the first domino."

"Yep, this is our moment," Walker responded.

The remarks showed Walker's private relationship with David Koch. He and his brother, Charles, own Koch Industries Inc., which is the largest privately-owned company in America and has significant operations in Wisconsin.

On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy | General Headlines | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110222/US.Wisconsin.Budget.Unions/ - broken link)

Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
What do the ads say? And aren't they just in response to the ads the unions ran first? Why should Walker sit back and let the unions lie?
No, Walker should use up $$$$$$$$ to fight against the rights of working people in WI!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies