Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,934,931 times

Advertisements

Oh there's more. Wisc has very strict ethics laws, there apparently were violations and an investigation will start. Perhaps not just ethics. It appears, it is illegal to enact laws or try to enact laws that would enrich certain backers. That had been a problem in WI many years ago, the enacted very specfic and strict laws to deal with that. I think the man may be in serious trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,159,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Good! Unions are slowly destroying the country.
It's better than corporations which are quickly destroying this country.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,870,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
I don't know why Walker clings to his foolish lie that he doesn't want to attack unions. Of course he does.
Just like Sarah Palin it's the tea party motto. NEVER admit when you are wrong, always keep pushing the agenda, and always blame everyone else for your screw ups.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM

Even Shep Smith on FOX is saying what the Gov is doing in WI, is very bad. FOX? FOX? How long you think Smith is going to last? This whole mess is one big whoops, the guy in Ohio, better watch out.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,887,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Walker believed the caller was a conservative billionaire named David Koch, but it was actually the editor of a liberal online newspaper. The two talked for at least 20 minutes — a conversation in which the governor described several potential ways to pressure Democrats to return to the Statehouse and revealed that his supporters had considered secretly planting people in pro-union protest crowds to stir up trouble.

On the call, Walker said he expected the anti-union movement to spread across the country and he had spoken with the governors of Ohio and Nevada. The man pretending to be Koch seemed to agree, telling Walker, "You're the first domino."

"Yep, this is our moment," Walker responded.

The remarks showed Walker's private relationship with David Koch. He and his brother, Charles, own Koch Industries Inc., which is the largest privately-owned company in America and has significant operations in Wisconsin.

On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy | General Headlines | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110222/US.Wisconsin.Budget.Unions/ - broken link)
Bravo for the Guvna.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,633,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It's better than corporations which are quickly destroying this country.
I agree.....unions make up just 9.5% of the workforce while Big Business and their subsidies(corporate welfare) drain the country dry. Think Wall Street, Big Banks etc....who by their greed nearly collapsed our economy and country...I fail to see what unions had to do with it.

This is just another Republican ploy to divide the country as they carry out their agenda to limit the power of the middle and working classes. While the rich people who sponsor this rhetoric get even richer.....and they sit back and laugh as the "sheeple" believe whatever they are told to believe.

The phone conversation does not surprise me one bit.....it's all so obvious. My Mom used to say........Politics is like a slice of bread.....The Democrats will at least leave you the crust. The Republicans will take away even your crumbs..

Here's the phone conversation itself>>>>>

Hoax Phone Call Gets Wisconsin Governor to Reveal Secret Plan -- Daily Intel

Scott Walker Gets Punked By Journalist Pretending To Be David Koch

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!. Fool me once...shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me...Yet people keep voting these lying "bums" into political offices!...."Sheeple"....start thinking for yourselves!.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM

This is too funny, Walker is tweeting his a$$ of right now, trying to make his case.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:22 PM

89,811 posts, read 45,467,143 times
This is yet another duplicate thread. We've been through all of this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tt-walker.html

Are you all just dense, or what?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,419,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh there's more. Wisc has very strict ethics laws, there apparently were violations and an investigation will start. Perhaps not just ethics. It appears, it is illegal to enact laws or try to enact laws that would enrich certain backers. That had been a problem in WI many years ago, the enacted very specfic and strict laws to deal with that. I think the man may be in serious trouble.
Since the Dems are in the minority in both houses of the legislature I doubt that much of an investigation will take place before the Senators tell all about their skipping town. I wonder if they plan to stay out of town till the next election. I also wonder if they think they can continue to be paid for staying in Illinois. Libs are libs and I think I can see what they think.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,419,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This is yet another duplicate thread. We've been through all of this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tt-walker.html

Are you all just dense, or what?
Not dense at all. They are just having fun with their story that may well turn out to be unethical because of what was done and how it was done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies