Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you worried about the possibility of human-robot marriages?
Yes, I'm worried about it 11 8.53%
No, I'm not 113 87.60%
Not sure 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,291,552 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiws6...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,744,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Homosexuality is an aberation, a sexual disorder. No ammount of modern acceptance of homosexuality can change that simple fact.
Which professional organizations agree with you? Are there any you can name?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,526,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Exactly. Homosexuals can get married just like everyone else. Understanding the definition of marriage.

Interesting that the OP continues to post all these gay-themed threads with the same results.
You and the poster you quoted do not understand the damage that is done to both the gay person marrying the straight person and the damage and lies done to the straight partner in that bogus marriage. Your ideas are just as antiquated as the ideas of those that said that a black person had the same rights to marriage as a white person, they could only marry a black and a white could only marry a white, so for that reason it was considered equal. Loving verses the state of Virginia decided that one for good. Making gays and lesbian have only the option of marrying a straight person they do not love, nor are attracted to is cruel and injurious to both. Would you like to be the man or woman married to a gay person that does not love you, just to satisfy the bigots with narrow minds? I think that most people would prefer to marry the one they love and be happy rather than miserable in a loveless marriage.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,644,487 times
What's stopping you from being in love besides some self imposed limitations? People can and are capable of being in love without being married.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,354,911 times
I always love the smell of a new hatero thread in the morning.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:20 AM

47,061 posts, read 26,192,370 times
If we ever stumble on to sentient AIs, inter-category marriage will be way down on the list of things to consider. Can an AI own things? Vote? Will deleting an AI be murder?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,337,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I vote yes. Personally, I'm terrified of the idea that gay marriage may someday lead to robot marriage. I mean, who wouldn't be? Science is not a static thing, you know. And we're already on a dangerous road to freakdom. "American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains." I kid you not! What's next -- marriage to mice? I think not! I say stop the madness now, before we've gone too far!
NOW we know why the mice were on the Heart of Gold were there, it wasn't just a case of Trillion having a fetish about small furry pets. Small furry critters with human brains? Wonder what the Hitchhikers guide would have to say about that...

Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,467,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

NOW we know why the mice were on the Heart of Gold were there, it wasn't just a case of Trillion having a fetish about small furry pets. Small furry critters with human brains? Wonder what the Hitchhikers guide would have to say about that...
So long, and thanks for all the. . . rodents? Somehow that doesn't really seem to work, does it?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If we ever stumble on to sentient AIs, inter-category marriage will be way down on the list of things to consider. Can an AI own things? Vote? Will deleting an AI be murder?
And if an AI which is mobile and functions as an individual is that AI not in fact a life form which deserves the rights of sentient life forms? Ask Data and the Cylons, especially the humanoid versions. What happens when those life forms who are not granted that status (ie, are by defination slaves) decide its time for things to change?

And no, we don't have anyone like Data or Number 6 now, but twenty years ago we didn't have much in the way of speech recognition on a computer and you most likely didn't have one calling itself a phone. Technology moves at a mind blurring pace, and the progress in AI, hiding in labs is extraordinary. The military is funding research on AI soldiers who are not subject to the problems of flesh and blood ones. How do you teach them which human's its okay to kill? What if they grow beyond where they started (which is entierly possible in a AI which is designed to keep learning) and they decide its time to change the rules? In fifty years we may well already have functional AI beings. Given the way we ignore the questions left by technology until it hits us in the face, I have the feeling we would just be hoping they liked things like they were.

Hopefully the AI's of the world would be able to see past the blind hate the humans of the world often do not seem to, and perhaps even teach us a few things.

And my solution today is to let everyone who are unrelated adults have a civil union with all those rights and privilidges that marriage gives, and if you want to call it a marriage have a ceremony. So if a church says its evil they don't have to do it but I'm sure there will be plenty of those who will.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
So long, and thanks for all the. . . rodents? Somehow that doesn't really seem to work, does it?
But the last surviving human brain they knew about was poor Arthur the befuddled, and they wanted to slice and dice his brain to see if they could find the question to which the answer was 42, which could not be answered thanks to Earth going poof with the Vogons road clearing activities. It would be so ironic if the white mice conspiring behind their backs had perfectly good human brains too.

The dolphins left before the Vogon's came and the little white mice were plotting all along... maybe we NEED some nice AI help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies