Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is China's Hideous Fur Farming Practices a Good Reason to Boycott China?
Yes, I will go out of my way now to avoid Chinese products 9 23.68%
No, I love wearing fur, and I don't care about animal suffering 3 7.89%
Yes, but I was already going out of my way to avoid Chinese products 21 55.26%
No, I don't wear fur, but their fur farms are their business 6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you wear fur, you support this practice.
Another false broad brush painted over-generalization. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

http://fur.ca/TFT_facts_figures.php

http://www.furcommission.com/farming/index.html (broken link)

Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,020,273 times
There are many more and much more significant reasons to not only boycott but entirely shun China

Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
There are many more and much more significant reasons to not only boycott but entirely shun China
Indeed.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,993,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
yip

Old 01-30-2011, 12:58 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,522,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The filthy rich get off from the stuff, eating exotic animals and the like (i'm not kidding) just look up the whaling problem in asia as well.
Otherwise the democrats have been fighting to stop and regulate business from going over to communist china, but the republicans have filibustered everything. It's down right disgusting they will make people live and work in such horrible conditions, just so the corporate fat cats can line their pockets.
Live american, buy american.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,277,534 times
Unfortunately one can whine and call China anything under the sun but they are not going away. I'm sure somewhere in the world some group of people think it's despicable for Americans to slaughter millions of animals every year for food and clothing. And at one time shook their fists at America for stealing their countries resources.

The two faced double standard that this country lives under is comical.

People whine about killing animals for their furs yet don't have a second thought about wearing a leather coat or leather shoes/boots. Have an alligator skinned wallet?

Old 01-30-2011, 01:10 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,522,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Unfortunately one can whine and call China anything under the sun but they are not going away. I'm sure somewhere in the world some group of people think it's despicable for Americans to slaughter millions of animals every year for food and clothing. And at one time shook their fists at America for stealing their countries resources.

People whine about killing animals for their furs yet don't have a second thought about wearing a leather coat or leather shoes/boots. Have an alligator skinned wallet?

I saw an article the other day in Men's Health magazine. Pig products are used in well over 100 products in the U.S, including toothpate.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,859,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
What a bunch of nonsense.
It is, the republicans are downright disgusting that they want to refuse creating jobs here and would rather help communist china grow.

GOP blocks Democrats’ jobs outsourcing bill – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 01-30-2011, 02:12 PM

6,478 posts, read 8,253,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

You are absolutely right. Hypocrisy at its core.

I have seen videos from overcrowded animal farms and the slaughter methods used in the U.S. and Western Europe. Not very pleasant to watch.

It is much easier to point a finger at a foreign country (The documentary The Cove is a good example).

Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,020,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
You are absolutely right. Hypocrisy at its core.

I have seen videos from overcrowded animal farms and the slaughter methods used in the U.S. and Western Europe. Not very pleasant to watch.

It is much easier to point a finger at a foreign country (The documentary The Cove is a good example).
It is VERY easy to point fingers at such inhumane and disgusting country as China. For a reason. We'll deal with our own torturers, but China?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.