Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 AM

7 posts, read 61,635 times

Advertisements

I'm freaked out at the thought that China may try to "colonize" the U.S. See 45 Signs That China Is Colonizing America. It's clear the government (Democrat or Republican) is going to tip toe around the issue and not do anything meaningful. It will take the American people leading a movement to boycott products made in China and pay a higher price for home-grown products for American corporations to take notice and reduce outsourcing.

Anyone willing to take this step with me?
[I know that some things will be impossible to find 100% authentically made in US like cell phones & laptops, so as a compromise, I'd rather use a competitor (even if foreign) that does not make things in China vs. American companies who manufacture in China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 02:28 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,142,291 times
Not only a boycott but I'd like to see our drug problem exported to China. The DEA is running around our country attempting to clear the streets of Oxycodone and Meth so all those confiscated drugs should be loaded onto cargo planes and a massive airdrop on the Chinese is in order. Our Big Pharma should be cranking out drugs at record speed to distribute to the Chinese after all the potential market is huge. The British did it with amazing success. The yellowman has a hard enough time manufacturing a decent product so an opiate influenced yellowman ought to be just enough to seal the deal and reverse the trade imbalance.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,216,585 times
best way to get rid of china in the USA would be to default on all federal debt.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:39 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,356,224 times
Boycott China, yes. Emulate China, no:

The dirty side - why China wins Olympic? | Nishant Soni

Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,798 times
I wouldn't mind boycotting China but it's near impossible when you shop at Wal-Mart.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,990,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonchica View Post
I'm freaked out at the thought that China may try to "colonize" the U.S. See 45 Signs That China Is Colonizing America. It's clear the government (Democrat or Republican) is going to tip toe around the issue and not do anything meaningful. It will take the American people leading a movement to boycott products made in China and pay a higher price for home-grown products for American corporations to take notice and reduce outsourcing.

Anyone willing to take this step with me?
[I know that some things will be impossible to find 100% authentically made in US like cell phones & laptops, so as a compromise, I'd rather use a competitor (even if foreign) that does not make things in China vs. American companies who manufacture in China.
I'm pretty much with your idea. Keep it American as possible and if not, at least western. If everybody pushed for American-made products and shunned eastern products en masse, I think that alone could turn our country around and fix our economy. Social movements can and do work, but nobody seems to care to do that. Honestly, I think liberals and their rhetoric and influence and trendiness is very powerful and I think they alone could turn this country around if they went after "buy American" hardcore.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:39 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Not only a boycott but I'd like to see our drug problem exported to China. The DEA is running around our country attempting to clear the streets of Oxycodone and Meth so all those confiscated drugs should be loaded onto cargo planes and a massive airdrop on the Chinese is in order. Our Big Pharma should be cranking out drugs at record speed to distribute to the Chinese after all the potential market is huge. The British did it with amazing success. The yellowman has a hard enough time manufacturing a decent product so an opiate influenced yellowman ought to be just enough to seal the deal and reverse the trade imbalance.
Ooh, that's not in good taste. That's what the British did to the Chinese while they were in one of their civil unrest grace periods... it allowed china to be conquered, but its not very a human thing to do to conquer them by poisoning their people. Your (I hope joking) idea is rather in horrible distaste as the Chinese had a history of being pilaged in much the same "Christian" way.

Why don't you believe in Free Market Capitalism? The Chinese government has strict death laws on drug-addicts (and the such) that might allow the West to once again remove them from the position at the top they have always had historically, before the industrial revolution brought about by scientific advances in technology.

Perhaps the Mexican and Canadian cartels have decided that it's our turn to be faced with decline because of increased drug use and factionism.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
best way to get rid of china in the USA would be to default on all federal debt.
It would also get rid of any legitimacy that our non-regressive presidents have worked to give us in the world stage. defaulting on any of the federal debt would be a good way to get rid of OUR COUNTRY. I don't endorse this idea either.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I wouldn't mind boycotting China but it's near impossible when you shop at Wal-Mart.
All the stores seem to have everything made in 'Capitalist' china where Unions aren't allowed and workers are payed dirt.
In South American Countries we flood them with our cheap crap also, often second hand from China.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Thern dont shop at walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies