Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:26 AM

15,268 posts, read 8,822,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I prefer my poll about this subject and think that if you compare the numbers for strongly oppose and strongly support in mine and yours you may find that the numbers are very much alike. Of course, mine is only for 1000 likely voters and yours states calling 1001.

At any rate Rasmussen says: voter support for repeal of the health care law remains high, as does belief that the measure is likely to be repealed.
One reason for that support is the view by 75% of voters that the health care law is likely to cost more than official estimates. Some supporters of the law say its repeal will drive up the federal budget deficit, but most voters believe repeal will either reduce or have no impact on government spending and the deficit.

Yep, yours says that only 52% want the thing repealed and mine says more like 56%. At any rate I fail to see how you get 1 in 4 want it done when yours says 52% want it. Maybe you can explain to me.
Here's the deal ... All you have to do is broadcast over network news (all stations) for about a month .... "All across America, beards and top hats are again becoming the rage in fashion" and half of America would be walking around looking like Abraham Lincoln.

It's just that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM

25,903 posts, read 20,909,263 times
This pretty much wins for my quote of the day (and yes, I am 100% aware of what Dr. Frist stands to gain from full implementation)

""[The bill] has many strong elements," Frist added later. "And those elements, whatever happens, need to be preserved, need to be cuddled, need to be snuggled, need to be promoted and need to be implemented. ""

Bill Frist: Health Care Is 'Law Of The Land,' GOP Should Drop Repeal And Build On It

Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,223,622 times
Quote:
Health Care Poll Finds Decreased Republican Support For Full Repeal
Why, of course it did....and here's why.

AP Erroneously Reports that 'Opposition' to Obamacare is Easing | The Weekly Standard

A few weeks before the election, AP used 48-42 party ID in favor of the republicans, right in line with all other polls.

For this little endeavor in the worst kind of propaganda and lies, this is what they did.

Quote:
The percentage of Democratic-leaning respondents stayed the same (42 percent), but the percentage of Republican-leaning respondents dropped by 12 points, to 36 percent.
Quote:
Just as unsurprisingly, when the percentage of Republican-leaning respondents dropped by 12 points, the level of opposition to Obamacare dropped by 11 points (from 52 to 41 percent).
Another effort by the obama media to aid him by misleading the public.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,936,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I know but I like a good shot at huff puff when I can get it.

DA BEARS.

Oh no Pretty boy just had his interception streak broken.
So you like taking pot shots when there is no merit you are telling us... guess there is nothing new in that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies