Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:04 AM

8,661 posts, read 9,196,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This bill improved nothing, and many of us tried telling you this over the last several years.. This is only "new development" to those who bought the bs you were told and ignored reality..

More bs.. Those with pre-existing conditions were covered by medicaid/medicare, and no one was dying in the street.. Thank you for making a prime example of liberals unable to discuss the problems like an adult.. This was the attitude we got during the whole debate... If you didnt like the failed policy, you wanted people to die.. Now that the failed policy is being proven to be a failure, you now again, think people will die.. Come back when you wish to talk about it like an adult.
This is simply not the case at all. Medicaid is welfare and many are not qualified because they may own a car, or are worth more than $3000, or even work for that matter. They don't even qualify for food stamps unless a child is involved.

Medicare is very difficult to receive if you are not 65 or older. SSDI is a process that can take several years for an ill person under retirement age to acquire. Working currently while trying to receive SSDI thus medicare is a no-no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,877,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You guys are absolutely right. We should not recognize that things don't go perfectly the first time. We should not try to adjust or improve the plan for these new developments.

Instead, we should scrap it all go back to the old system where these people with pre-existing conditions have no access to health insurance at all because no companies will take them - and they can then go bankrupt trying to deal with their illnesses out of their pocket or just die in the street like dogs! Some of you right-wingers are apparently filled with a warm, gushy feeling when that happens to others. Go USA!

Maybe what right wingers would like to see happen is that the actual cause of the problem be addressed. Health care costs started to skyrocket in the 80's...like around the amnesty time. When you add more people to the system the costs will rise. When some states force insurance companies to cover things such as cosmetic surgery and botox the costs in those states will rise. When patients are allowed to sue Dr's for millions of dollars for results that aren't perfect the costs will rise. If we don't take care of the root problems...the costs will continue to rise.

As a right winger I get a warm and gushy feeling when I address a problem and know that it will HELP others without harming most. Have you ever heard of the saying "actions speak louder than words"? Libs, in their ever present feel good utopia, skip over the details and claim victory in their own minds. While you have been sleeping better at night feeling all warm and gushy, it's the right wing that has been trying to point out the potential problems with the HCB and figure out ways to address the problems.

The HCB SHOULD be a bipartisan effort that addresses the problems, not a payoff to the unions, insurance companies and big pharma. Yes, it should be scrapped and redesigned to actually HELP people instead of a feel good effort that doesn't address the problems. I'm sick and tired of people inferring that I'm heartless because I don't want to waste money on something that won't work. Come up with a REAL plan before this dream turns into a nightmare.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,877,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Talk about a pointless comment.

Why would you say that? Nothing to add?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,308,636 times
Quote:
Talk about a pointless comment.
Your opinion matters to me about the same as.. well dog crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Pre-existing condition plans were not meant for those with just high blood pressure, a bum knee, but for those with serious issues, long term, chronic, not always deadly conditions. Many or most people who become ill overtime are hard working folks who lost their coverage for a variety of reasons but can no longer get coverage but are able to pay but over time go broke mainly because of the cost of medications which can and do run into the thousands each month easily. Many use their credit cards to make ends meet so when they are finally able to purchase insurance, the rates being around $1000-$14000 not counting deductibles-copays etc. are simply busted. So if 8,000 people are benefiting from their ability to purchase the pre-existing condition insurance, more power to them!
And NOTHING in this plan encouraged rates to go down.. In fact the CBO said that the rates would go UP 10% higher after Obamacare was passed than if the current market continued to go as it was.. So I find it shocking now that liberals still support a plan which INCREASED costs.. Its almost like you guys didnt even give a crap about facts..

Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,912,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Why would you say that? Nothing to add?
The comment had nothing whatever to do with the topic, which is High Risk plans.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
This is simply not the case at all. Medicaid is welfare and many are not qualified because they may own a car, or are worth more than $3000, or even work for that matter. They don't even qualify for food stamps unless a child is involved.
Bull crap.. even those who serve in the military receive such little pay that they qualify for food stamps.. And if they own a car, and have a job, then they arent "broke".. they might be living paycheck to paycheck, but spare me the whining and crying because this plan fixed NOTHING..
Quote:
Medicare is very difficult to receive if you are not 65 or older. SSDI is a process that can take several years for an ill person under retirement age to acquire. Working currently while trying to receive SSDI thus medicare is a no-no.
And? What part of this bill fixes ANY problem you listed above, and how does this equate to people DYING in the street? It doesnt.. just more hyperbold from Democrats...

Old 12-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
The comment had nothing whatever to do with the topic, which is High Risk plans.
The comment was responding to someone elses error.. Tell me what your comments have to do with the topic? ZERO!!!.. Absolutely positvely ZERO.. Which coincidently happens to be the exact amount you've contributed to the thread...

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
The comment was responding to someone elses error.. Tell me what your comments have to do with the topic? ZERO!!!.. Absolutely positvely ZERO.. Which coincidently happens to be the exact amount you've contributed to the thread...
You might want to read the post you were commenting on. As far as adding to this thread, what more can be said other than, why would anyone think High Risk Plans would be low cost?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You might want to read the post you were commenting on.
I did.. I even quoted it..
Quote:
As far as adding to this thread, what more can be said other than, why would anyone think High Risk Plans would be low cost?
For the same reason people still believe Obamacare didnt increase costs, didnt increase the national debt, didnt do everything we were told it wasnt going to do.. Because you listened to your liberal news which was drolling at the mouth at an ever increasing size of government while not reading the reports which said everything they were saying were flat out lies!!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I did.. I even quoted it..

For the same reason people still believe Obamacare didnt increase costs, didnt increase the national debt, didnt do everything we were told it wasnt going to do.. Because you listened to your liberal news which was drolling at the mouth at an ever increasing size of government while not reading the reports which said everything they were saying were flat out lies!!
I see now, it's a language barrier at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies