Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM

59,549 posts, read 27,691,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I feel your pain Jill61. I can no longer pity their ignorance, Tea Party is both brainless AND greedy. They are unconscionable
I certainly feel sorry for Aspie if this is how you teach her. It is OK, in fact it is demanded that you ridicule, defame. slur, or lie about, anyone who doesn't agree with you.

There is nothing with a civil disagreement but, you inflammatory way is beyond civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,231,011 times
Quote:
borrow and spend, that was Bush neoCON years! Dems are trying to STOP the Bush tax cuts, but Tea Party says NO!
Bush is not in the White House, and hasn't been for almost two years. The democrats control the executive and legislative branches and all you liberals can scream is "Blame BUSH!!". If the democrat plans are so great, then just shove them down citizens' collective throats. The democrats have the votes in the legislature, AND a president who has never seen a give-away bill he didn't like.

Go for it!!

Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,328,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Republicans have repeatedly blocked the extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, which, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, supports "jobs for some 250,000 parents and youth who are otherwise unemployed, many of whom have been without work for some time.
"Where Are The Jobs?" The GOP Blocked Them | Political Correction

GOP Blocks Reauthorization Of 'Important Social Safety Net Program
GOP Blocks Reauthorization Of 'Important Social Safety Net Program'

Here is when they were in favor of the program...

A stimulus program even a Republican can love
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- There's at least one stimulus program that's creating jobs and winning praise from both sides of the political aisle.

A little-known Recovery Act initiative is expected to put more than 200,000 unemployed people back to work in 32 states and the District of Columbia. It's called the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Emergency Fund, and it subsidizes jobs with private companies, nonprofits and government agencies.
A stimulus jobs program even a Republican could love - Jul. 9, 2010

What more proof is needed to show how the GOP is more than willing to sacrifice jobs and the American worker to suit their agenda?
The GOP game plan is simple. Do everything possible to prevent the Obama Administration from achieving an economic recovery. They don't care how the American people are hurt by their actions.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,199,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The GOP game plan is simple. Do everything possible to prevent the Obama Administration from achieving an economic recovery. They don't care how the American people are hurt by their actions.
It's so damn obvious and has been since Obama took office. It rips their innards out to imagine that he could accomplish something that helps.

The GOP is aging rapidly and The Tea Party is ingratiating themselves into it, which will be the second time that the party has been hijacked and morphing into something not remotely resembling the real Republican Party of yesteryear. Most Americans will not stand for the crazies that have infiltrated. They just keep getting nuttier and more extreme. Good riddance to them when they are finally gone.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Bush is not in the White House, and hasn't been for almost two years. The democrats control the executive and legislative branches and all you liberals can scream is "Blame BUSH!!". If the democrat plans are so great, then just shove them down citizens' collective throats. The democrats have the votes in the legislature, AND a president who has never seen a give-away bill he didn't like.

Go for it!!
It will always be Bush's fault that we are in this mess. Tell me who had the magic wand that coud have done better to clean this up? The problem with the stimulus was that it was not large enough. And who may I ask...started two wars and cut taxes at the same time. The credit goes to Bush. Just how long do you think it should take to clean up eight long years of dumps that were taken on the head of this nation? The GOP stands in the way of everything that could possibly get us out of this mess.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:59 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,231,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You have read through all of my oosts on CD to determine that I have blamed just one party???

There is no getting away from the fact that the right will do anything to undermine the Obama adminstration as the OP has certainly exposed...even at the expense of the American people.

One would have to be very dimwitted to not realize that we were dropped into the hole by the previous admnistration and the right is doing everything within its greedy power to give Obama the "Waterloo" they have been hoping for since the beginnin of his Presidency.

Tell me oh wise and brilliant one, how would McCain have handled the economy when he stated that the economy was in good shape weeks before the meltdown? Who did and do you support and why and what do you have to say about the OP without deflecting?
Sorry, but I don't get involved in "what if" scenarios, so how McCain would handle the presidency is irrelevant, and a feeble attempt at deflection within itself.

I do know ONE fact,...the liberals and this administration don't have a clue about this economy. After almost two years, and billions spent on giveaways and "stimiuli" packages, there is still record unemployment and fear about where this country is headed economically. The general population fears the mounting debt, this administration's anti-business policies, and the fact that at some point there will have to be tremendous tax increases to defray incredibly expensive programs already passed, or proposed.

The OP? When will the giveaways stop? When will the tax shoe finally drop? Rational people understand that taxing the "rich" will not generate enough revenue to retire the trillions of debt, and that borrowing money and spending our way out of debt is not realistic. That the republicans oppose throwing more money down a rathole doesn't surprise me.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:11 PM

613 posts, read 962,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Exactly, they could shove pictures of babies, little children, and the parents who are living in a cardboard boxes in their face and they wouldn't bat a eye. Ole Coburn sittin out on his cattle ranch countin money laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't get involved in "what if" scenarios, so how McCain would handle the presidency is irrelevant, and a feeble attempt at deflection within itself.

I do know ONE fact,...the liberals and this administration don't have a clue about this economy. After almost two years, and billions spent on giveaways and "stimiuli" packages, there is still record unemployment and fear about where this country is headed economically. The general population fears the mounting debt, this administration's anti-business policies, and the fact that at some point there will have to be tremendous tax increases to defray incredibly expensive programs already passed, or proposed.

The OP? When will the giveaways stop? When will the tax shoe finally drop? Rational people understand that taxing the "rich" will not generate enough revenue to retire the trillions of debt, and that borrowing money and spending our way out of debt is not realistic. That the republicans oppose throwing more money down a rathole doesn't surprise me.
Sorry to you, as your rants are jusr repetition of rhetoric.

The Republicans charge that eliminating these tax breaks on the rich - and returning them to Clinton-era levels -- would be a "job-killing tax hike in the midst of a recession." Let's recall that while the Clinton-era tax rates applied to the rich in the 1990's, the economy created more than 22.5 million jobs in less than eight years-the most jobs ever created under a single administration. Moreover, the Federal deficit had turned into a surplus for as long as the eye could see. The number of private sector jobs created during the Bush years: zero. The Republican position amounts to nothing more than baseless pandering to the greed of their many wealthy donors.

You don't create more demand by giving money to rich people who don't spend it - or for that matter, to corporations who sit on huge sums of cash. And that is one of our current economic problems. Corporate bank accounts are bulging with cash. And remember, corporate profits have actually gone up in the last quarter - mostly by cutting back the costs - and especially cutting jobs.

Why Congress Must End Bush Tax Breaks for the Rich | Facts & Arts

Where were these jobs during the Bush years?

I'm done here as you obviously do not want to admit the truth or maybe you are not capable of seeing it.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,602,770 times
Quote:

Go for it!!
Where was the Tea Party while Bush ran the country into the ground? I can tell you where, NOWHERE. Because I was out there marching and rallying against the destructive military industrial complex aka Blackwater etc, no-bid contracts by Halliburton etc, and foreign borrowing for more war for years via China etc, not to mention the million or so deaths since 2003, and NO TEA PARTIERS were in the marches. Tea Party is a JOHNNY COME LATELY, for years ya'll missed the boat, and did NOT show up at protest rallies against destruction of US BLOOD & TREASURE.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:36 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,058,461 times
Quote:
I feel your pain Jill61. I can no longer pity their ignorance, Tea Party is both brainless AND greedy. They are unconscionable
The reason given for the objection appears very well considered:

"Senator Enzi objects to the continuation of this fund because it undermines key principles of welfare reform by rewarding states that increase welfare spending and when created, the fund was meant to be temporary. The Emergency Contingency Fund is not sound welfare policy, has not been considered by the Senate Finance Committee, is not bipartisan, and is costly, estimated to cost approximately $500 million for a one quarter extension, that is why Senator Enzi objected to its extension."

GOP Blocks Reauthorization Of 'Important Social Safety Net Program'

Are you able to counter those conditions highlighted in red with some facts instead of hateful name calling? Go ahead, give it a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies