Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:26 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
They're self-serving pigs. I never used to hate the Republican party, just certain actors in it. But ever since Barack Obama was elected and they collectively decided to work against every single solitary thing his Administration proposed, regardless of facts or benefits to our country, I have come to loathe them. They are not patriots. They are not out for America or Americans. They are out for themselves at all costs. It's despicable.
I feel your pain Jill61. I can no longer pity their ignorance, Tea Party is both brainless AND greedy. They are unconscionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 11:27 AM

516 posts, read 377,113 times
Way to win people to your side, girls.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Way to win people to your side, girls.
Truth is the only option now. Enabling Tea Party bullies doesn't work.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:30 AM

516 posts, read 377,113 times
Your *truth*, ladies, is a lie and we all see it. The hate is coming from your side, not ours.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Your *truth*, ladies, is a lie and we all see it. The hate is coming from your side, not ours.
More rhetoric. Explain yourselves, logically, who are you really for, and what are your policies, if any?

Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,229,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I also loathe them, just as I would any corrupt and poison filled entity. I must admit that I have even more disgust for the people that continue to support them just because they have an "R" after their name. These people have no regard or patriotism as it is all about partisanship and winning an election.
Loathe as you will, but also include those who have given away the store with little or no positive results. America cannot borrow and spend its way to prosperity the way the democrats envision. At some point in time, someone will have to pay for the trillions that this government has wasted on failed attempts to breathe life back into a government-caused ecconomic catastrophe.

Personally, I loathe those who are so simple-minded and myopic as to blame a single political party for our present economic mess. Rant and rave at will dimbulbs.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Loathe as you will, but also include those who have given away the store with little or no positive results. America cannot borrow and spend its way to prosperity the way the democrats envision. At some point in time, someone will have to pay for the trillions that this government has wasted on failed attempts to breathe life back into a government-caused ecconomic catastrophe.

Personally, I loathe those who are so simple-minded and myopic as to blame a single political party for our present economic mess. Rant and rave at will dimbulbs.
borrow and spend, that was Bush neoCON years! Dems are trying to STOP the Bush tax cuts, but Tea Party says NO!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 AM

783 posts, read 816,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Republicans have repeatedly blocked the extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, which, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, supports "jobs for some 250,000 parents and youth who are otherwise unemployed, many of whom have been without work for some time.
"Where Are The Jobs?" The GOP Blocked Them | Political Correction

GOP Blocks Reauthorization Of 'Important Social Safety Net Program
GOP Blocks Reauthorization Of 'Important Social Safety Net Program'

Here is when they were in favor of the program...

A stimulus program even a Republican can love
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- There's at least one stimulus program that's creating jobs and winning praise from both sides of the political aisle.

A little-known Recovery Act initiative is expected to put more than 200,000 unemployed people back to work in 32 states and the District of Columbia. It's called the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Emergency Fund, and it subsidizes jobs with private companies, nonprofits and government agencies.
A stimulus jobs program even a Republican could love - Jul. 9, 2010

What more proof is needed to show how the GOP is more than willing to sacrifice jobs and the American worker to suit their agenda?
It was TANF programe and it was deficit neutral so it was not fear of deficits that led to republican blocking the programe.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,183,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post

You have read through all of my posts on CD to determine that I have blamed just one party???

There is no getting away from the fact that the right will do anything to undermine the Obama adminstration as the OP has certainly exposed...even at the expense of the American people.

One would have to be very dimwitted to not realize that we were dropped into the hole by the previous admnistration and the right is doing everything within its greedy power to give Obama the "Waterloo" they have been hoping for since the beginning of his Presidency.

Tell me oh wise and brilliant one, how would McCain have handled the economy when he stated that the economy was in good shape weeks before the meltdown? Who did and do you support and why and what do you have to say about the OP without deflecting?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-09-2010 at 01:43 PM..

Old 10-09-2010, 12:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,846,444 times
How about some real jobs that the government didn't "create". When taxpayers have to pay for those workers, they aren't worthwhile jobs when it comes down to it and we could simply put the entire welfare class to work if we wanted to do something useful. They should at least be out picking up litter and planting trees instead of lounging around in front of their televisions all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies