Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:03 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
"Next up on All Things Considered..."

*smooth jazz plays in the background*

Professor I. M. Leftburgh pontificates on his new book, "American Hegenomy: A New Direction".

*more smooth jazz*

*Liberal listener sanctimoniously nods while sipping his latte and typing on his Macbook Pro.* - that Masters in Fine Arts is going to take him far.

"Next up on the Michael Savage Show..."

*Annoyingly cliche' Heavy Metal bumper music plays in the background*

Who else but the quintessential "legend in his own mind" Mr. Savage once again launches into his curmudgeonly diatribe.

*More Metallica*

*Pseudo-conservative listener crassly belches after downing his fourth can of Budweiser while thumbing through the sports page after throwing the rest in the trash.* - That truck driving academy diploma has finally awarded him the double-wide of his dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Oh lighten up....Diane rehm isn't as wimpy as you make her out to be...

Don't do to Diane Rehm what NPR does to blcks...

People are resiliant and tough...and I'm sure Diane Rehm could use a bit of humor...she's a tough lady...and probablly doesnt need or want my or your sympathy...

Just like 'blacks' (a generic term) don't want the whole world feeling sorry for them...

Diane Rehm is a tough warrior...and I know that...
i have no idea where you got the idea that i feel sorry for her. i'm the last person to pity disabled people. i get enough of that crap thrown at me. but jabbing at her disability is uncalled for. if you have to criticize her, at least go for her show content or career decisions or something, not her vocal condition.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:52 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,212 times
Quote:
Oh, but it so much is...for how you think of someone genetically, will effect how a society treats them socially....
again, how you think of someone is psychology and sociology. genetic predisposition to disease is medicine. it's not about opinion, it's about what's been medically proven.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,120,443 times
Quote:
There's probablly a lot of things in your daily life, that you don't notice...

As humans, we tend not to notice things that don't apply to us...

You don't notice that which doesn't effect you...phycology 101.....
Well, since I actually listen AND pay attention to that which I hear, I have learned a great deal from NPR .....as well as other interesting places. A few of the things I've learned is that psychology is best practiced by educated professionals and not by forum browsers and that listening to Bach and Beethoven .....as well as stringed quartets......can be very enjoyable. I've also observed that properly spoken English is much easier on the ear than listening to those who never quite got the hang of grammar.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 AM

344 posts, read 199,827 times
[quote=Time and Space;15849495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Prove it.

NPR H8ers = Nutjobs Prefer the Right [/quote

No, how about you 'prove it'.

Ok, lets start with me...why am I not in jail?
Why don't I have all these illnesses and could probablly beat you in the quarter mile run...

Tell me...if these stats are 'true'...why don't I fall in that demigraphic...after all I'm probablly what NPR considers 'black'...

Answer that....
Probablly is spelled "probably". Demigraphic is actually demographic.

There are a lot of social factors in which there is a higher incarceration rate for Blacks than Whites. Blacks are more to commit crimes than Whites. This is more an economic issue than a race issue. Poor people are more likely to commit crimes than rich people. It's true. There was a town hall meeting in my city. The question was brought up why there were no police near the country club. The officer stated that it would be a waste of resources. In the less affluent parts of town, there is significant police patrol.

Again these are social inequalities that exist. NPR isn't bringing down Blacks. Rather, they open legitimate social disparities that exist to the general public. We need to make these discrepancies a part of our national dialogue.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,467 times
Talking It's ALL on YOU, chum...

Quote:
Quote:
Prove it.

NPR H8ers = Nutjobs Prefer the Right
No, how about you 'prove it'.

Ok, lets start with me...why am I not in jail?
Why don't I have all these illnesses and could probablly beat you in the quarter mile run...

Tell me...if these stats are 'true'...why don't I fall in that demigraphic...after all I'm probablly what NPR considers 'black'...

Answer that....

Your thread...

Your baloney...

Your troll...

Prove it.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,330,934 times
[quote=Califreeman;15853765]
Quote:

There are a lot of social factors in which there is a higher incarceration rate for Blacks than Whites. Blacks are more to commit crimes than Whites. This is more an economic issue than a race issue. Poor people are more likely to commit crimes than rich people. It's true. There was a town hall meeting in my city. The question was brought up why there were no police near the country club. The officer stated that it would be a waste of resources. In the less affluent parts of town, there is significant police patrol.

Again these are social inequalities that exist. NPR isn't bringing down Blacks. Rather, they open legitimate social disparities that exist to the general public. We need to make these discrepancies a part of our national dialogue.
Everything you wrote is completely false, fiction, made up....and none of it's true...

Being 'poor' does not make anyone more inclined to commit a crime...most crimes that effect me and you are commited by the 'rich' through fraud and other banking practices and ponzy schemes, do you not read the wall street journal?

Do you not read about all the inditements handed down to Ceo's?
All the internet scams..ect ect...

The rich, those work in admin positions, accountants in large firms, commit every bit as many crimes, if not more, than 'poor' people...

(This is to include city administrator, council members, commisioners,[county and state and federal]...I read all the time, and read where rich people in these positions schwindle hundreds of thousands, and milliones, out of the hands of the public and private share holders)

Myth buster number one...

I've never met a poor person who was more inclined to commit a crime, just cause they were poor...that's obsurd...and very untrue...

Rather the poor get policed, by law enforcement in ways those living in Condos or gated town homes, might not...

If a secret camera could follow everyone one around, and observe what they do, and what they get away with...what the camera would reveal would shock you...

Last edited by Time and Space; 09-12-2010 at 11:57 AM..

Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM

[quote=Califreeman;15853765]
Quote:

Being 'poor' is not what makes you commit a crime...rather lack of ethics, is what makes one commit a crime...

There are plenty of poor people who are christians, or islamic or Hindu or Monks who embrace morality...

You can be 'rich' and not have values, and be the biggest scammer around...

Peoples value systems is what determines what they do or don't do, not their economic status...if that were the case, how come all these super rich celebrity women are getting locked up in jail on cocaine charges lately??

Huh...answer that...if having money makes you not commit crimes, how come everytime I turn on the news Linzy Loham types are being led into court for breaking the law?

Your premise is totally wrong, and you insult all the working class 'poor' out here who get up and go to work everyday to earn a honest living...

Your text book learning does not apply to the real world...

Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Your thread...

Your baloney...

Your troll...

Prove it.
In other words, you know I'm correct...and so your graciously bowing out...

Understood....sorry to play 'myth' buster...

but you can't live your life conviently following 'myths'...come down to reality, and learn how things, people, really work...

Let go of the NPR mentality of sampling everyone as if their a number or decimal on a graph, grid, and chart...

When you get to 'know' people, instead of always studying them, you will learn so much more...

Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 AM

344 posts, read 199,827 times
[quote=Time and Space;15856883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post

Everything you wrote is completely false, fiction, made up....and none of it's true...

Being 'poor' does not make anyone more inclined to commit a crime...most crimes that effect me and you are commited by the 'rich' through fraud and other banking practices and ponzy schemes, do you not read the wall street journal?

Do you not read about all the inditements handed down to Ceo's?
All the internet scams..ect ect...

The rich, those work in admin positions, accountants in large firms, commit every bit as many crimes, if not more, than 'poor' people...

Myth buster number one...

I've never met a poor person who was more inclined to commit a crime, just cause they were poor...that's obsurd...and very untrue...

Rather the poor get policed, by law enforcement in ways those living in Condos or gated town homes, might not...

If a secret camera could follow everyone one around, and observe what they do, and what they get away with...what the camera would reveal would shock you...
It's actually true. If you don't the stats, that doesn't mean it's not true. BTW, 'obsurd' is spelled 'absurd' and 'commited' is 'committed', not to mention 'indictments' is the correct spelling.

You know gangs roaming around those gated communities. What about the car jackings at the country club? Did you hear about the mugging that occurred near the Pottery Barn?

I'm not saying ALL poor people commit crimes. That's absurd. What I am saying that more crimes are committed by poorer people. It's not a 'natural' state for people. If you face external pressures to survive, you will do things that are not exactly legal. This is why there are more drug dealers and gangs in poorer communities. Those institutions exist because there is nothing much in poor communities. This isn't an indictment on the poor, but rather a wake up call for the discrepancies that exist.

Richer communities offer more youth programs (the term CEO kid or helicopter parent pertains to upper middle class households...because of the resources that exist to fill up every waking moment of a child's life). Poorer communities don't offer youth programs (higher dropout rates and higher rates of youth violence is the result). Poor communities that offer those programs see positive result. It's not about those bad, poor, Black people...it's about saying why do we live in a society in which there aren't as many resources as need be for the poor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies