Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I call your bluff on that too...I don't think no shade of man is genetically more prone to anything any more or less than any other shade of man...

Quote:
Well you should of read the other half, where I explained how the vehicle I drive for work, only gets NPR in the remote areas I find myself in...

Oh my gosh...what's with all this violin music??
But their social science view of the world, I have issues with...
Genetics is not social science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM

344 posts, read 199,396 times
Quote:
Well you should of read the other half, where I explained how the vehicle I drive for work, only gets NPR in the remote areas I find myself in...

Oh my gosh...what's with all this violin music??

I'm like becoming an expert on Bock...and Beetoven..and actually know the meaning of symphony quartet now...yuk...

And who is this 'Dian Reems' lady?? she sounds like she needs some bed rest...(ye ye, I know...she's an accomplished reporter...)

I was prompted to start this thread cause on one particuluar day, it was like over kill on the 'all blacks are doomed' theme...

It was like 'black women will suffer this, black men will die from that, a dog that is black will get ran over quicker than a dog that is white...ect ect...

I mean it just got ridiculious...and all this went unchallenged...NPR never has anyone to challenge this stuff....

So I started this thread to relieve a little steam...

And they all talk like their from Oxford England or something...and then you find out their from Idaho or Mississippi or Texas...

Yes, some of their programming can be good, stuff dealing with wildlife or film or music biographies ect ect...

But their social science view of the world, I have issues with...
They actually have really good fact checkers. They've even pointed out inconsistencies with factcheck.org.

I already laid out arguments for the reasons with health inequalities. I can point out some inequalities if you like.

Blacks are more unemployed for several reasons. 1) Remaining racial bias 2) Lower educated workforce 3) Lower attendance to prestigious universities (harms in network opportunities) 4) More Blacks in manufacturing and blue collar jobs that are being outsourced.

So all except 1) apply to people in Appalachia and The Rust Belt. There is a reason why The Rust Belt is named The Rust Belt. Lower income communities don't have the resources to have good schools. Thus you get number 2 (lower educated workforce). If they achieve college, they are more likely to go to an affordable college (which you have number 3, lower attendance to a prestigious university). If you didn't go to college you're far more likely to enter into blue collar labor (which is number 4).

Whites have more money on average. So do Black Africans (I'm half African). Africans in America make more than their American counterparts. About as much as Whites and Asians. Slightly lower due to some remaining racism (it's still there, but it's much better than before).

They do present all the argument VERY well and with individuals who are experts in their field.

Not to mention there is really nothing wrong in appreciating classical music. It really makes you listen to new music in whole new light. You really appreciate music much more.

Oh, and have you ever heard an English accent from Oxford. It doesn't sound like NPR (which is the most stereotypical American accent you can have).

Old 09-11-2010, 05:26 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,095 times
[quote=wade52;15848585]Prove it.

NPR H8ers = Nutjobs Prefer the Right [/quote

No, how about you 'prove it'.

Ok, lets start with me...why am I not in jail?
Why don't I have all these illnesses and could probablly beat you in the quarter mile run...

Tell me...if these stats are 'true'...why don't I fall in that demigraphic...after all I'm probablly what NPR considers 'black'...

Answer that....

Old 09-11-2010, 05:28 PM

wade52...

that's like someone asking me to proove to them, that you don't have aids...

Come on man, get real....

Old 09-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Genetics is not social science.

Oh, but it so much is...for how you think of someone genetically, will effect how a society treats them socially....

Old 09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
I sure don't know where in the world the OP is getting their information. I listen to NPR constantly and very, very, very seldom hear the type of stories the OP cited.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:52 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
And who is this 'Dian Reems' lady?? she sounds like she needs some bed rest...(ye ye, I know...she's an accomplished reporter...)
diane rehm has to get her vocal cords botoxed cause she has a condition with her vocal cords called spasmodic dysphonia that would otherwise make her effectively mute. this condition befell her 25 years into her career as a radio talk show host. sorry if her disability offends you but you should really do some research before throwing around unfounded accusations. if anything, i would say she is strong for not letting her condition get in the way of her career.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
diane rehm has to get her vocal cords botoxed cause she has a condition with her vocal cords called spasmodic dysphonia that would otherwise make her effectively mute. this condition befell her 25 years into her career as a radio talk show host. sorry if her disability offends you but you should really do some research before throwing around unfounded accusations. if anything, i would say she is strong for not letting her condition get in the way of her career.
Oh lighten up....Diane rehm isn't as wimpy as you make her out to be...

Don't do to Diane Rehm what NPR does to blcks...

People are resiliant and tough...and I'm sure Diane Rehm could use a bit of humor...she's a tough lady...and probablly doesnt need or want my or your sympathy...

Just like 'blacks' (a generic term) don't want the whole world feeling sorry for them...

Diane Rehm is a tough warrior...and I know that...

Old 09-11-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I sure don't know where in the world the OP is getting their information. I listen to NPR constantly and very, very, very seldom hear the type of stories the OP cited.
There's probablly a lot of things in your daily life, that you don't notice...

As humans, we tend not to notice things that don't apply to us...

You don't notice that which doesn't effect you...phycology 101.....

Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,437,840 times
listened in the car today while running errands. noon to 5pm. no mention of race. will keep you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies