Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 06:10 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,738,271 times

Advertisements

It is a shame that there are still people in this country who believe in the Republican or Democratic parties. Both are nothing more than the puppets of big business. All either party has done in the last twenty years or so is make the rich richer and the poor poorer. The working people who still have a job and the small business people who are still in business need a new party that represents their interests.

Until there are jobs, good paying jobs, with health benefits there can be no economic recovery. Under the Democrats or Republicans America is well on it's way to becoming a third world county.

Don't take my word for it! Take a good look at what your party has done for you in the last ten years.
If you are realistic about it you will see having Democrats or Republicans run our government is like trying to choose between a wolf or a fox to watch the henhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 06:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,355,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Since Nancy and Harry took over in 2006, unemployment has more than doubled (from 4.6% to 9.5%) our national debt has tripled, the stock market has dropped from the 14,000's to the 9,000's, there are 200,000 new bureaucrats, there is an additional $2 Trillion Dollar unpopular HCB, a new financial bill, which nobody has a clue what's in it, an $800 Billion Dollar "stimulus bill" that didn't create one job, we purchased 2 car companies for 5x their value in order to bail out the UAW, we unconstitutionally forced private businesses to close their doors (car dealerships), and now they want "cap and trade" or an energy bill.

It doesn't look so good in print, does it?
Simple, I won't ever stand with people who use hate, fear, ignorance and bigotry while pandering to the rich and corporate interest.

I won't stand with people who didn't support our military and CIA special operators after they had Osama Bin Laden cornered in the mountains of Tora Bora. And didn't support our special operators by sending additional troops that could have trapped Bin Laden and either captured and kill him.

I won't stand with people who will use false and misleading intelligence to manipulate the American people, Congress and the international community into a war of choice that cost about a trillion dollars and the lives of over 4,400 lives of our service people.

I won't stand with people who supported a President that told the American people "Mission Accomplished" with regard to the Iraq War and then not have combat troops leave that country until over seven years later.

I won't stand with people who can't organize the government and military of the preeminent economy and military power in the world to aid American citizens during Hurricane Katrina as they suffered for days without food, water and medical supplies and then turn around and tell the Director of FEMA "You're doing a helluva job Brownie".

I won't stand with people who advocate a "Hands Off" policy of government regulation that contributed to the credit and financial crises that sent this country into a recession.

I won't stand with people who started this debt spiral that this country is currently on and take no responsibility for it.

I won't stand with people who believe it's O.K. for mining operations to take place in our national parts.

I won’t stand with people who don't support equal rights for all Americans regardless of religion, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

I won't stand with people who can't seem to give us full disclosure of what happened the day Pat Tilman was killed.

I won't stand with people who have no positive plan for this country other than cut taxes to benefit the riches individuals and corporate interest in this country.

I wont' stand with people who are currently blocking legislation that would help small businesses in this country.

I won't stand with people that pander to the petroleum and coal industries and had 8 years to develop an alternative energy policy for this country and didn't do so.

I won't stand with people that think that America is "Their Country". If you are an American Citizen then this is your country. There isn't any race, religion, culture, or ethnic group that hasn't made some positive contribution to our country.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:02 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,760,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Simple, I won't ever stand with people who use hate, fear, ignorance and bigotry while pandering to the rich and corporate interest.

I won't stand with people who didn't support our military and CIA special operators after they had Osama Bin Laden cornered in the mountains of Tora Bora. And didn't support our special operators by sending additional troops that could have trapped Bin Laden and either captured and kill him.

I won't stand with people who will use false and misleading intelligence to manipulate the American people, Congress and the international community into a war of choice that cost about a trillion dollars and the lives of over 4,400 lives of our service people.

I won't stand with people who supported a President that told the American people "Mission Accomplished" with regard to the Iraq War and then not have combat troops leave that country until over seven years later.

I won't stand with people who can't organize the government and military of the preeminent economy and military power in the world to aid American citizens during Hurricane Katrina as they suffered for days without food, water and medical supplies and then turn around and tell the Director of FEMA "You're doing a helluva job Brownie".

I won't stand with people who advocate a "Hands Off" policy of government regulation that contributed to the credit and financial crises that sent this country into a recession.

I won't stand with people who started this debt spiral that this country is currently on and take no responsibility for it.

I won't stand with people who believe it's O.K. for mining operations to take place in our national parts.

I won’t stand with people who don't support equal rights for all Americans regardless of religion, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

I won't stand with people who can't seem to give us full disclosure of what happened the day Pat Tilman was killed.

I won't stand with people who have no positive plan for this country other than cut taxes to benefit the riches individuals and corporate interest in this country.

I wont' stand with people who are currently blocking legislation that would help small businesses in this country.

I won't stand with people that pander to the petroleum and coal industries and had 8 years to develop an alternative energy policy for this country and didn't do so.

I won't stand with people that think that America is "Their Country". If you are an American Citizen then this is your country. There isn't any race, religion, culture, or ethnic group that hasn't made some positive contribution to our country.
Wouldn't let me rep ya again but, I feel EXACTLY the same way.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:36 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,387,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Actually it is, without California the US is third world
California is on the fast track to BECOMING a third world country. Over run with welfare, crime, drugs, illegal immigrants and people who turn criminals into victims, and victims into criminals. Liberalism is a cancer that is destroying this once great state. If the rest of the country follows suit with your liberal values, you'll have the US as a third world country.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:41 PM

721 posts, read 712,677 times
I would be very ashamed to be associated with either the Republican or Democratic party. Its the same bird with two heads. Neither party has the interest of the common citizen in mind.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:59 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,355,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
California is on the fast track to BECOMING a third world country. Over run with welfare, crime, drugs, illegal immigrants and people who turn criminals into victims, and victims into criminals. Liberalism is a cancer that is destroying this once great state. If the rest of the country follows suit with your liberal values, you'll have the US as a third world country.
West Virginia is on track to becoming a third world country. Overrun with welfare, crime, illegal drugs and some of the poorest performing school systems in the country. Conservatism is a cancer that is destroying our country. If the rest of the country follows suite with your conservative values you'll have the U.S. as a third world country.

Now despite your disdain for the state of California it has some of the leading universities in the country University of California-Berkley. Cal Polytechnic and Stanford. It is a center of technological development, and innovation. Why? Its liberal climate attracts some of the most intelligent creative people in the world.

Tell you what you can have West Virginia and I'll keep California.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,930,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Why would you still vote for Democrats?

What's the alternative?

The Republicans? They have deliberately embarked on a policy of "just say no" regardless of the consequences. That's not what I would call leadership.

The Tea Party? A few good ideas sprinkled among many crazy people is not something I could ever support ... and I am wary of any political movement that attracts such a high percentage of haters and kooks.

Other third parties? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a viable (i.e., electable on a national level) third party may not happen in my lifetime.

The Democrats are not now, nor have they ever been, anything close to perfect. But on most of the issues most of the time, they represent a view that most closely resembles my own, and therefore they get my support.

While I wish people would rally behind a third party ( and not teabaggers) It isn't the most likely scenario.

To blame the democrats for all the issues is simply turning a blind eye towards the actions of the Repugs. All the things complained about fall at the doorstep of the repugs. When will people say, Enough and go for the third party.

Our economy was set in a 90 mph collision course with a brick wall under the Repugs and yet they think they have some reason to exist. Face it Nothing that party has done has been good for the economy... they shipped jobs overseas, they run unheard of deficits, they want people to believe if their rich friends make billions the rest will get the trickle down effect. I think most people are fed up with being trickled on.

Their economics don't work. Even their people admit it.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,571,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Hi Mouser,

So basically you're saying that Obama is a puppet...a manchurian candidate? Sounds a little kooky to me. I don't get that from the quote you gave, and frankly the link you gave me doesn't appear credible either. It doesn't appear objective. And your quote above sounds like a suggestion, not a command.

So in a way your post proved my point about Republicans. Thank you for proving my case.
Opinions will vary

Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,951,823 times
the republicans and there majority ran this country into the ground, and the dems now are just finishing the job.

why would you still vote for dems? because the other option is as bad if not worse.

you need to step away from the 2 parties and look at people who can think outside of a dem or rep perspective.

both parties are the same. neither will get us out of this mess. the reps look nice because the dems have been running the country in the ground. you wait until the next elections after this and the wave of dems that will replace the republicans when they run the country into the ground.

its rinse and repeat. happens every time.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,728,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Why would you still vote for Democrats?

What's the alternative?

The Republicans? They have deliberately embarked on a policy of "just say no" regardless of the consequences. That's not what I would call leadership.

The Tea Party? A few good ideas sprinkled among many crazy people is not something I could ever support ... and I am wary of any political movement that attracts such a high percentage of haters and kooks.

Other third parties? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a viable (i.e., electable on a national level) third party may not happen in my lifetime.

The Democrats are not now, nor have they ever been, anything close to perfect. But on most of the issues most of the time, they represent a view that most closely resembles my own, and therefore they get my support.
Greengene: I understand your position, but I believe you have been duped. yes, a 3rd party would be great, but (as you noted) might not happen. But, do you really agree with the current democrat agenda? If so then you may be in the lower 20%. Now, the republicans are lacking leadership, but at least they are on the conservative side. And, the 'tea party" really isn't a political party. I highly doubt that we will see a candidate running as a tea party member. You need to look at the big picture... leaning liberal is one thing, but submerging yourself in liberal ideology is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies