Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 07:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,881,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would vote Democrat because there is no alternative to them except the Republicans and there is no way in hell I will vote for them. You cannot hold the Democrats totally responsible for the mess Bush created.
It is only the Democrats and a few Independents that are trying to resolve some of our problems, who else would it make sense to support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,085,372 times
Didnt vote Democrat in the first place, and wont start now...

Old 08-28-2010, 07:38 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
Why would you still vote for Democrats?
That's akin to asking an infant why it continues to suckle on it's mommys teat.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:38 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,792,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is only the Democrats and a few Independents that are trying to resolve some of our problems, who else would it make sense to support?
If we had a 3rd party that was liberal and would actually stand for liberal ideals (somebody like Nader or Dean), I would switch to that party. For me the goal is liberalism and not necessarily Democrat. The Democrat Party is just a vehicle to get to liberalism. BTW there is one Republican I will consider voting for if he runs and that would be Michael Bloomberg.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:39 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,021,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Since Nancy and Harry took over in 2006, unemployment has more than doubled (from 4.6% to 9.5%) our national debt has tripled, the stock market has dropped from the 14,000's to the 9,000's, there are 200,000 new bureaucrats, there is an additional $2 Trillion Dollar unpopular HCB, a new financial bill, which nobody has a clue what's in it, an $800 Billion Dollar "stimulus bill" that didn't create one job, we purchased 2 car companies for 5x their value in order to bail out the UAW, we unconstitutionally forced private businesses to close their doors (car dealerships), and now they want "cap and trade" or an energy bill.

It doesn't look so good in print, does it?
Would the economic outlook be any better with republicans in charge? besides, the republicans are usually (not always) small minded racists and homophobes who use division of americans rather than ideas to win elections. Dems aren't perfect, but I'd rather vote for them or an Independent.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:40 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How am I and many others here who have jobs, pay bills, don't use government assistance sucking off the government teat?

You present a false argument. People who vote Democratic mostly aren't on welfare. People who vote Democratic mostly aren't living off of some form of government assistance.

I remember that most older voters voted for McCain in the last election, correct?

Are those the same ones who say "Keep your government hands off of my medicare" Thats kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,745,737 times
I so wish we had more & different options.

Many politicians set themselves up for after they no longer hold office to get jobs with corporations for big money & they care not at all or very little for "the people" who elect them.
Both Republicans & Dems are guilty of this.
It just comes down to people voting for what they believe to be the lesser of two evils.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,297,955 times
The main reason is they run against Republicans.

And if you're going to say everything that happens in this country is due to the people in charge, it's also because they keep us safe-- 3000 Americans died under republican leadership after warnings of an attack. If you're going to say the dems are responsible for an economic downturn, you have to extend the logic to this too.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Would the economic outlook be any better with republicans in charge? besides, the republicans are usually (not always) small minded racists and homophobes who use division of americans rather than ideas to win elections. Dems aren't perfect, but I'd rather vote for them or an Independent.
Probably worse, but who knows, they haven't offered any ideas. The GOP has moved so far Right, they are basically out of the picture.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 AM

89,216 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies