Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,841,521 times

Advertisements

Hi,

this immigration debate has stirred some thoughts in my mind about the future of the Republican party. I've been a member of the GOP since 2001 and I've always been pretty conservative minded, especially on social issues. However, many of the so-called Republican senators, including the Republican President,who've been pushing for this awful amnesty bill have left me wondering. Is it time for a new, real conservative national party in this country? The Presdent hasn't acted much like a conservative, let alone a republican over the last couple of years and neither has the Republcians in congress or the senate when they held power. Look at their spending, apart from the Iraq war, going through the roof. What do you think? Is it time for a conservative party or a re-newed GOP party? I'm not looking for confrontations, name calling or arguements over who's to blame for this or that. Just a thoughtful discussion respecting other people's points of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 PM

653 posts, read 3,410,536 times
What we need is an ALTERNATIVE to the two-partied system--Perod!!!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM

508 posts, read 1,514,588 times
What does this have to do with travel/cities/locations? Most good forums are ruined by politically driven material. Why stir it up?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,928,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
What we need is an ALTERNATIVE to the two-partied system--Perod!!!!!
Go check out my post in the Politics and Other Controversies forum. Also I recomend that the original poster posts there, the debate should be interesting .

This forum is mainly about place, not politics.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,357 times
I believe there's a politics forum for this type of post.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,360,663 times
No, we don't need more hate-mongers.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,806 times
Moved from Immigration.
Yac.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 PM

626 posts, read 993,717 times
Most people that subscribe to conservative ideology do not know the history behind it. It's really sad to hear people call themselves conservatives, when historically, conservatives have opposed virtually everything the US stands for. I'm not talking about just the US, but world wide. Conservatives have been against virtually every social reform in this last 500 years.

So many Americans call themselves conservatives, but I don't think they really are, because they don't know what a true conservative is.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:34 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,471,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Most people that subscribe to conservative ideology do not know the history behind it. It's really sad to hear people call themselves conservatives, when historically, conservatives have opposed virtually everything the US stands for. I'm not talking about just the US, but world wide. Conservatives have been against virtually every social reform in this last 500 years.

So many Americans call themselves conservatives, but I don't think they really are, because they don't know what a true conservative is.

Cheer up, conservatives know who they are and it's nothing like you describe.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,510,342 times
Default Traditionalist

We need a "traditionalist" party. One that represents the people and values that this country was founded on. At the rate things are going lately I'd say we are are going to hell in a handbag so to speak. http://www.numbersusa.com is a place with similiar interests to check out. I used their free fax system to fax at least 30 faxes to my senators lately. They also have phone numbers (I called too) at your fingertaps. They started a mini revolution in my opinion. One that was needed since the government was tuning out the majority of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies