Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,151,078 times

Advertisements

No it will not. You see HE WILL BE RE-Elected. If the bush crime cartel would have done their jobs and not pissed off most americans Obama wouldnt have won. People will be pissed off for a long time thanks to Bush so thats why Obama will be re-elected.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM

1,179 posts, read 977,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Thoughts?
I'm still waiting for one.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 AM

805 posts, read 775,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Would you mind explaining to me who you think is going to get the Republican nomination for the President of the United States in 2012? If the Republicans can't nominate a candidate that has any traction outside of red states then they are toast. Also the Republican Party's stance of immigration has pissed off many Latino voters, the faster growing demographic in the country.
And who is going to vote for Barack Obamuslim and Joe BiteMe?

Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't think an Obama re-election would trigger a civil war. Not in the real world, that is. On websites (take your pick)...that's another story.
Again...IMHO the danger is riots if BO loses the election! Think about it!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,086,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Again...IMHO the danger is riots if BO loses the election! Think about it!
and who is going to riot? The Dems that are upset that he lost? They didnt riot any other time they lost a presidential election.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
and who is going to riot? The Dems that are upset that he lost? They didnt riot any other time they lost a presidential election.
If you think about the various factions of our Society, I believe you can figure it out.

BO losing the election (which will be the case, I have no doubt about that) will pose the probability of riots becoming a far greater danger than any revolution or civil war. That's the problem for which we need to prepare.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,086,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
If you think about the various factions of our Society, I believe you can figure it out.

BO losing the election (which will be the case, I have no doubt about that) will pose the danger of riots becoming a far greater danger than any revolution or civil war. That's the problem for which we need to prepare.
Well, the Dems would be the only ones that I could see that would have a problem with Obama losing, and I can't see them rioting. I mean it would be kind of funny though to see all these people in 3 piece suites rioting and looting, but I can't see it happening.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,822,294 times
Quote:
Well, the Dems would be the only ones that I could see that would have a problem with Obama losing, and I can't see them rioting. I mean it would be kind of funny though to see all these people in 3 piece suites rioting and looting, but I can't see it happening.
Gee, I think you might want to take your blinders off. Just look at the riots in Watts and New Orleans to see who it was that has rioted and looted in the past.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:06 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,685,044 times
Quote:
I think you can read between the lines and figure out what he meant by that statement. More examples of the racists that blacks should go in droves to support!!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:16 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,822,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So, you are agreeing that some of the people who criticize and oppose the current administration do it because they are racists. That doesn't mean that every person who criticizes this administration is a racist, just that some of the criticism isn't a matter of rational disagreement, but is racist in nature.

And of course there were probably some people who voted for Obama because he was black. And out of the hundreds of millions, there were some people that voted for Obama because they actually agreed with his positions and supported his proposals.

When people use racist language to criticize the President, it's not "playing the race card" to point out that their language is racist. I love reading posts that criticize the President on specific policies. For instance, his transparency policy, where the focus of the thread is actually on the policy and on how his office has actually performed implementing that policy. I enjoy people's comments about remarks he's made, and how those remarks can be interpreted. The threads about the oil spill contained many thoughtful posts about how effective or ineffective Obama was in dealing with that disaster.

There are different levels of criticism. I never thought it appropriate to call any of our previous Presidents names. I don't think it's appropriate now. I think much of the criticism leveled against the President is petty. If rolling up in shirtsleeves in the Oval Office is really a concern for you, I have to wonder. If his wife's physical attractiveness is something you feel compelled to deride, I have to wonder. Personal hatred for someone has to have a source. I doubt any of the people making personal critical remarks against the President know him. And yet many hate him. Deeply, viscerally hate him. I've disagreed with previous Presidents about their policies. I hated us going to war in Iraq. And yet it was policies I criticized, not the person.

I think the kind of hate that's aimed at the President isn't just about his policies. There was a lot of hate even before he took office. That's why people who don't hate him question it. Why hate him even before he's done anything?
I have always contended that the number of people who voted for Obama because he was black exceeded the number of people who did not vote for him because he was black. If you look at the vast majority of the 90 something % of black voters + the large numbers of white voters who voted for him because they thought it was the "right thing to vote for the Black Man", you can see where I come to this conclusion. I have two white friends who almost peed their pants on inauguration day because they were so thrilled at the thought of a black president. Interestingly, they have been noticeably silent here of late.

My main complaint with your post though is that you appear to have a short memory regarding personal attacks. I have never seen a president undergo the level of personal attacks that Bush indured. To say that all the attacks against Bush were strictly regarding policy ignores the attacks on his intelligence, his admission to college, his national guard service, his younger days reckless behavior, etc. I was never a big fan of Bush, but I was able to see the personal nature of much of the attack and made me sympathize with him and his family greatly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies