Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So far, in every state the issue has been put to the ballot, VOTERS have banned gay marriage.

Isn't that the right way to do it?

Of course, for the pro-gay marriage supporters, it's only the right way IF the results AGREE with their position.

The voters Banned gay marriage, The Supreme Court of California affirmed the election. ONE GAY JUDGE nullified 7 million votes.
Yes, and that's why we have a Constitution and a judicial branch of government.

The anti-same-sex marriage crowd doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 12:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Did you or did you not say the following?

[/i]
If your claim is that marriage is defined by the children the couple produces, then yes, you are saying my brother and his wife are not really in a marriage.
Now your being ridiculous.. you know darn well that the OP meant that they have the ability to reproduce.. You dont need people to hold your hand this much all the time do you?

Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Wingsy, I loved your story. However, there is a difference here.

This law is about sex. Pure and simple sex. The only minority difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual is sex and who the genders wish to have their sex.

This is a moral issue, not a culture one. Socially accepted acts carried on in the bedroom...

To be honest, when I have a friendly conversation with a man I expect the looks of questioning, 'why is she being friendly with me'? Now, I can't talk with a woman either. I don't dare compliment her on her outfit.

~ i shake my head ~ no this, no...too much that will help me to graduate into the anti-social, because it is people that have made being social much more difficult.

But hey, the divorce lawyers will have more clients.
Except people would have told you that laws against interracial marriage were about sex too, the contamination of racial purity that would result from interracial marriage was seen as a moral issue, and I don't see how morals are detached from culture. Morals are not objective truths, they are cultural constructs.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM

396 posts, read 732,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
what the hell are you talking about? that i could have gone either way? sorry as a small child i was not told i needed to know how to be gay or to have an open mind, fortunately i was a child during a time when gay was not forced upon small children we were to do things like play and have friends and not think about sex.
I'm talking about this:

Quote:
no they are not because gay is not a race it is not a color. i am native american by birth not because i woke up one day and said oh im a native princess. the bible doesnt say you cant marry another race.
You seem to feel that people wake up one day and decide they are gay, so I'd like to know what you were up until the day you woke up and decided you were NOT gay.

Seems pretty simple.

Or do you think that all those homosexuals were taught "how to be gay" and it was "forced upon" them?

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And this is the reason why we have a Constitution and a court system in the U.S.
There isnt one part of the judges response that poligamists couldnt use to ask to be able to be married either.. You keep repeating the Constitution, so please tell us what part of the Constitution pertains to a privlidge that the government shouldnt be involved with to begin with?

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
it is not the russians that will bury us, it is our lawyers and court system that will.
ACLU has become evil.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,905 times
Quote:
no they are not because gay is not a race it is not a color. i am native american by birth not because i woke up one day and said oh im a native princess.
Neither did gays wake up one day and say "hey I'm gay!". They were born that way, Pocahontas.

Quote:
the bible doesnt say you cant marry another race.
It doesn't say you cannot marry the same sex, either.

But it DOES quite clearly state you can invade another nation's cities, kill every man, woman and child and take the virgins for yourselves.

Fortunately, what the Bible says about anything is pretty irrelevant.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
gay marriage is not the same as interracial marriage

Why is a gay man ruling in a case about a Gay marriage ban any different than someone who is in an inter-racial relationship ruling in a case about an Inter-racial marriage ban??

Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Well, hell, according to "traditional marriage" and Biblical principles, those women shouldn't be judges anyway. They should be at home in the kitchen keeping their mouths shut, serving their husbands and popping out babies.
Very true, for the vast majority of the whole 'tradition' of marriage women were property.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,945,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Neither did gays wake up one day and say "hey I'm gay!". They were born that way, Pocahontas.

It doesn't say you cannot marry the same sex, either.

But it DOES quite clearly state you can invade another nation's cities, kill every man, woman and child and take the virgins for yourselves.

Fortunately, what the Bible says about anything is pretty irrelevant.
wow pocahontas huh , whos the racist now?? hahahaha!! of course your against the bible because it is against gays and it clearly says it. and yeah you did choose to be gay its not proven you were born that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies