Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 AM

454 posts, read 482,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
But, but, but what about the Muslims who are here right now why aren't they going around beheading everyone. I doubt its a secret to them that a lot of people don't like them? Oh right I remember not all of them are crazy extremists silly me I forgot.
Again we are running in circles.
You are not aware of "honor" killing in the US done by Muslims.
There you go a quick search
Search Results

1. 'Honor' killing comes to the US - The Boston Globe

Aug 10, 2008 ... NO ONE knows just how many Muslim girls and women are murdered each year in the name of family "honor," since their deaths frequently go ...
    www.boston.com/bostonglobe/.../ (broken link)honor_killing_comes_to_the_us/ - Similar
  2. Honor Killing in Texas - HUMAN EVENTS

Jan 8, 2008 ... Now that honor killing has come to Texas, Muslim spokesmen in the U.S. have an all the more urgent responsibility to end their denial and ...
    Honor Killing in Texas - HUMAN EVENTS - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Zz2N4rrivJQJ:www.humanevents.com/article.php%3Fid%3D24329+honor+killing+in+the+US&c d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  3. 'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns - USATODAY.com

Nov 29, 2009 ... Muslim immigrant men have been accused of six honor killings in the United States in the past two years, prompting concerns that the Muslim ...
    www.usatoday.com/.../2009-11-29-honor-killings-in-the-US_N.htm - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XzqyFZllYUsJ:www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-29-honor-killings-in-the-US_N.htm+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=3&hl=en&ct=cln k&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  4. Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America - Local News ...

Jul 26, 2008 ... Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America, The United Nations estimates that as many as 5000 women are murdered in such honor killings ...
    Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com - Cached - Similar
  5. Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say ...

Feb 17, 2009 ... Asked if the murder is being probed as an honor killing, ... "This is a wake up call to all of us, that violence against women is real and ...
    Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com - Cached - Similar
  6. Woman raped before honor killing: court | Reuters

Jul 19, 2007 ... on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an honor killing ... UPDATE 1-US judge denies stay on drill ban ruling ...
    Woman raped before honor killing: court | Reuters - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wAX7H5RijbsJ:www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1919223520070719+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=6 &hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  7. Women: Violence: Honor Killing of Women in America and Abroad

Is the media coverage of honor killings in the Muslim world fair? Or do you think there's a lack of balance? Let us discuss it at Violence Against Women: ...
    www.soundvision.com/info/misc/ (broken link)honor.asp - Cached - Similar
  8. Chesler Chronicles » Honor Killings All Over America–Why Are the ...

Nov 1, 2009 ... Which brings us to the second attempted honor killing story which might be a first of its kind. A woman, defending the honor of Islam, ...
    pajamasmedia.com/.../honor-killings-all-over-america-why-are-the-islamists-suddenly-silent/ - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WAqwT5BAT5wJajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2009/11/01/honor-killings-all-over-america-why-are-the-islamists-suddenly-silent/+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us& client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Here's a question that maybe some can answer:
If one leader of a religion advocates violence is that enough to condemn the entire religion?
If you answer don't mention any religion.
No one person might not be able to represent the religion, unless he is Muhamad, but if the people of that religion are not condemning, are not demonstrating against him, but basically either staying silent or supports him, then "Huston we have a problem".
And we do have a problem.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:19 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Again we are running in circles.
You are not aware of "honor" killing in the US done by Muslims.
There you go a quick search
Search Results

1. 'Honor' killing comes to the US - The Boston Globe

Aug 10, 2008 ... NO ONE knows just how many Muslim girls and women are murdered each year in the name of family "honor," since their deaths frequently go ...
    www.boston.com/bostonglobe/.../ (http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/.../ - broken link)honor_killing_comes_to_the_us/ - Similar
  2. Honor Killing in Texas - HUMAN EVENTS

Jan 8, 2008 ... Now that honor killing has come to Texas, Muslim spokesmen in the U.S. have an all the more urgent responsibility to end their denial and ...
    Honor Killing in Texas - HUMAN EVENTS - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Zz2N4rrivJQJ:www.humanevents.com/article.php%3Fid%3D24329+honor+killing+in+the+US&c d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  3. 'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns - USATODAY.com

Nov 29, 2009 ... Muslim immigrant men have been accused of six honor killings in the United States in the past two years, prompting concerns that the Muslim ...
    www.usatoday.com/.../2009-11-29-honor-killings-in-the-US_N.htm - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XzqyFZllYUsJ:www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-29-honor-killings-in-the-US_N.htm+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=3&hl=en&ct=cln k&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  4. Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America - Local News ...

Jul 26, 2008 ... Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America, The United Nations estimates that as many as 5000 women are murdered in such honor killings ...
    Murder in the Family: Honor Killings in America - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com - Cached - Similar
  5. Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say ...

Feb 17, 2009 ... Asked if the murder is being probed as an honor killing, ... "This is a wake up call to all of us, that violence against women is real and ...
    Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com - Cached - Similar
  6. Woman raped before honor killing: court | Reuters

Jul 19, 2007 ... on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an honor killing ... UPDATE 1-US judge denies stay on drill ban ruling ...
    Woman raped before honor killing: court | Reuters - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wAX7H5RijbsJ:www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1919223520070719+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=6 &hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
  7. Women: Violence: Honor Killing of Women in America and Abroad

Is the media coverage of honor killings in the Muslim world fair? Or do you think there's a lack of balance? Let us discuss it at Violence Against Women: ...
    www.soundvision.com/info/misc/ (http://www.soundvision.com/info/misc/ - broken link)honor.asp - Cached - Similar
  8. Chesler Chronicles » Honor Killings All Over America–Why Are the ...

Nov 1, 2009 ... Which brings us to the second attempted honor killing story which might be a first of its kind. A woman, defending the honor of Islam, ...
    pajamasmedia.com/.../honor-killings-all-over-america-why-are-the-islamists-suddenly-silent/ - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WAqwT5BAT5wJajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2009/11/01/honor-killings-all-over-america-why-are-the-islamists-suddenly-silent/+honor+killing+in+the+US&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us& client=firefox-a - broken link) - Similar
These seem to all be isolated incidences. See my post on the previous page about murder. Give me a moment and I'll find the post number.

Here we go post #68 this sums up what I basically think about this whole discussion. https://www.city-data.com/forum/14790909-post68.html

Old 06-27-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
No one person might not be able to represent the religion, unless he is Muhamad, but if the people of that religion are not condemning, are not demonstrating against him, but basically either staying silent or supports him, then "Huston we have a problem".
And we do have a problem.
People are condemning it. You just don't see it in the MSM because they choose to only show the negative, gets ratings up. Now if you actually cared whether or not they were speaking out you would have youtubed it or googled it and would have found plenty of speaking out. But you don't want to do that because its more convenient for you just to hate.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
People are condemning it. You just don't see it in the MSM because they choose to only show the negative, gets ratings up. Now if you actually cared whether or not they were speaking out you would have youtubed it or googled it and would have found plenty of speaking out. But you don't want to do that because its more convenient for you just to hate.
Here is more on my post above....

Quote:
As I said in my previous post. The only reason you have such negative views is because that is all the MSM allows you to see. Hunt around a little bit, look beyond the local news and you'll find those who oppose these things. I'm not going to do it for you, if you want to see these things you will but if you want to be convinced that Muslims are evil then you will be convinced of that because that is what you want. Murder is murder. Mass murder is mass murder, it doesn't matter what the justification is or who is doing it, the are murders and mass murders just the same. If you are going to condemn a whole religion because that religion has people who murder and use their religion as justification, first off who cares about the justification and then your going to have to hate every religion because even though on the news they don't say " a christian just shot and killed a family" they do. Every religion has people who kill, and justification for any murder is never justification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I shouldn't have to search for it, they should be making themselves known. There are things they can do, they can call into talk radio and denounce the violence. They can write letters to the editor, get on forums and boards. If they really wanted to be heard they cold do as the illegals do, if they really wanted to.
Quote:
They are being heard. Just not in the MSM for the most part. They are out there if you look. Just because you don't listen to the correct radio station at the correct time doesn't mean they aren't there denouncing this behavior. Just because you are not in the thread where they denounce it doesn't mean they aren't there. Average Muslim Americans don't have to power to put there voice out in the MSM unless the MSM chooses to have their voice out there. The MSM doesn't want there voice out there because they want to project ALL Muslims as violent so Americans think we are still justified to be overseas fighting in the wars.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 AM

Default Beheading not painful?

Quote:
How is this different from when we (the US government) torture al-Qa'eda until they scream for mercy by saying what the torturers want to hear even if its false and then are executed themselves. I don't think Sharia law legalizes torture, instead it seems to allow a beheading execution, which I am fine with. If you kill you die, I could care less if its electric chair or beheading as long as it isn't long and drawn out torture. Beheading isn't painful or drawn out because your spinal cord is instantly severed so you feel nothing you are dead which is the point of execution.
Unbelievable!
Did you hear or seen the beheading of Nick Berg?

Need a reminder?
  1. Videos for beheading of nick berg

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
    Nick Berg Beheading
    6 min - Oct 7, 2006
    jblog.jackcjohnson.com
    [RIGHT][/RIGHT]
    Nick Berg Beheading Video
    2 min - Nov 25, 2008
    Dailymotion - Online Videos, Music, and Movies. Watch a Video Today!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Unbelievable!
Did you hear or seen the beheading of Nick Berg?

Need a reminder?
  1. Videos for beheading of nick berg

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
    Nick Berg Beheading
    6 min - Oct 7, 2006
    jblog.jackcjohnson.com
    [RIGHT][/RIGHT]
    Nick Berg Beheading Video
    2 min - Nov 25, 2008
    Dailymotion - Online Videos, Music, and Movies. Watch a Video Today!
I'm not interested in watching someone be beheaded. I have a feeling you are reacting to me saying beheading is not painful? Would you explain the video or explain how you think beheading is painful if the spinal cord is instantly severed so you become paralyzed immediately. If done correctly it should not involve pain because you will be dead almost instantly. Also what do you care if convicted murders feel pain if it is somehow painful. An eye for an eye right? The victim felt pain so so should the killer.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
These seem to all be isolated incidences. See my post on the previous page about murder. Give me a moment and I'll find the post number.

Here we go post #68 this sums up what I basically think about this whole discussion. https://www.city-data.com/forum/14790909-post68.html
Isolated incidents they are, there is no conspiracy there. Just different ideology. Different belief system, with different set of rules. Sharia rules.
If some Muslims that live in the USA think that it is permissible to kill their wife or daughter because by Islam laws she shamed their honor than we have a problem.

Why are you looking for stupid excuses for the Radical Muslim?
Listen to what ex Muslims, or people who are trying to reform Islam will tell you.
The danger is here and people like you facilitate it by you PC crap.

Wafa Sultan who wrote the book "A God that Hate"
Tells her story of understanding what Islam stands for.
Coming to the US.
Meeting Arabs here.
Realizing that among themselves declare their hate for America, and when they talk to American say how much they appreciate America.
She realized that her Arab / Muslim friends are leading double life.
She spoke against it. The result- She has fatwas on her life. That's death sentence, that means that any Muslim can kill her and go in front of Sharia judge and say that he heard her say bad things about Islam, therefore he killed her, ad is also entitled to her property.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:46 AM

Default JohKnip- seem to think behading is not painful-

Quote:
I'm not interested in watching someone be beheaded. I have a feeling you are reacting to me saying beheading is not painful? Would you explain the video or explain how you think beheading is painful if the spinal cord is instantly severed so you become paralyzed immediately. If done correctly it should not involve pain because you will be dead almost instantly. Also what do you care if convicted murders feel pain if it is somehow painful. An eye for an eye right? The victim felt pain so so should the killer.
Do you know who Nick Berg was? Or Daniel Pearl?
What was their crime?
They were not judged in a court of law, they were painfully and slowly murdered.

I wanted you to watch the video because you keep insisting it's not painful?
Are you planning to attend beheading classes? I hear they have some in Pakistan.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Isolated incidents they are, there is no conspiracy there. Just different ideology. Different belief system, with different set of rules. Sharia rules.
If some Muslims that live in the USA think that it is permissible to kill their wife or daughter because by Islam laws she shamed their honor than we have a problem.

Why are you looking for stupid excuses for the Radical Muslim?
Listen to what ex Muslims, or people who are trying to reform Islam will tell you.
The danger is here and people like you facilitate it by you PC crap.

Wafa Sultan who wrote the book "A God that Hate"
Tells her story of understanding what Islam stands for.
Coming to the US.
Meeting Arabs here.
Realizing that among themselves declare their hate for America, and when they talk to American say how much they appreciate America.
She realized that her Arab / Muslim friends are leading double life.
She spoke against it. The result- She has fatwas on her life. That's death sentence, that means that any Muslim can kill her and go in front of Sharia judge and say that he heard her say bad things about Islam, therefore he killed her, ad is also entitled to her property.
The bold: We have an ISOLATED PROBLEM. We have many isolated problems. I couldn't give half a **** if they had a reason for doing it. Most everyone who murders has a reason for doing it. That doesn't mean we say "Oh those who dislike their wives should be arrested before they murder them" because some people have murdered their wives because they hate them.

The Blue: I am not making excuses for radical Muslims. I am trying to defend regular Muslims who don't do this stupid ****. Everyone in this thread seems to blur the line between radical and non-radical and I'm trying to make that difference known.

The red: Its not PC crap. Its defending those who you choose to attack because they just so happen to be in a religion that has extremists in it. God forbid you ever realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies