Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM

17 posts, read 16,742 times

Advertisements

Islam got the expression "The end justifies the means" a "little" misinterpreted. heh

But I think we're quite past recognizing the true nature of Islam.. And he isn't the first muslim to admit that publicly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Let's see---how many Muslim leaders are there? 5,000,000? What do the other 4,999,999 have to say abut that? Hmm---you're not quoting them?
Of coarse not, that is the point.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM

17 posts, read 16,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I'm sure millions of his fellow Muslims are throwing him under the bus as we speak.
Heh. That's pretty neat. I'd say probably tearing his limbs apart, conscious.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Oh look the reporter said Islamic RADICALS. And who said this guy is the leader of Muslims, I bet Fred Phelps thinks he is the leader of those who follow god .

Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh look the reporter said Islamic RADICALS. And who said this guy is the leader of Muslims, I bet Fred Phelps thinks he is the leader of those who follow god .
Here's a bit more about this "Muslim Leader":

Quote:
Choudary has been largely criticised by most UK newspapers, some of whom
describe him as an extremist. In January 2010 Guardian contributor Mehdi
Hasan wrote: "Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration?
No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic
qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate
on Islam, British Muslims or 'the hellfire'? Or proclaim himself a 'sharia judge'?", and claimed
that Choudary was "as unrepresentative of British Muslim opinion, as he is of British
anti-war opinion."
Anjem Choudary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Here's a bit more about this "Muslim Leader":

Anjem Choudary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So your proving me correct that he isn't really the Muslim's leader?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:44 PM

From Wikipedia - Anjem Choudary (born 1967 in Welling, England) is a British former solicitor, and, before it was proscribed, spokesman for the Islamist group Islam4UK. (Emphasis mine.)

He later met Omar Bakri Muhammad, and the two helped form the Islamist organisation, al-Muhajiroun. The group organised several pro-Islam demonstrations, including a banned protest march in London for which Choudary was summonsed to appear in court.

In November 2008 Choudary organized a meeting of the newly-formed Islam4UK, which, according to its website, was "established by sincere Muslims as a platform to propagate the supreme Islamic ideology within the United Kingdom as a divine alternative to man-made law", and to "convince the British public about the superiority of Islam [...] thereby changing public opinion in favor of Islam in order to transfer the authority and power [...] to the Muslims in order to implement the Sharee’ah (here in Britain)".

What does one have to do to convince anyone that he is a honest Muslim leader who says exactly what his goals are and that violence is condoned?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:54 PM

Anjem Choudary: "Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission."

"UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace," by Erick Stakelbeck for CBN News, March 2:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration has released a review of its strategy in the war on terrorism. The report failed to even mention the word "Islam."
CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.
Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.
A Religion of Peace?
"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."

Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Anjem Choudary: "Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission."

"UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace," by Erick Stakelbeck for CBN News, March 2:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration has released a review of its strategy in the war on terrorism. The report failed to even mention the word "Islam."
CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.
Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.
A Religion of Peace?
"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."
I can't believe you guys are calling this radical nutjob the leader of Muslims, is the KKK and Fred Phelps the leader of Christians/Catholics?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times
I'm going to go along with TrueGritt on this one and recognize this guy as a purported spokesman for the Islamic religion. Why? Because I have not seen any member of the Islamic spiritual community appear on any station or media outlet to condemn this man and to state that this is NOT the way of the Islamics. Putting it into context, I would not say that Joe Barton was THE spokesperson for the Republican Party, but in fairness to that party, when he came out with his apology the other week, he was shut down from his own side fairly quickly. Also, there have been a few outspoken or radical Catholic priests in recent memory that have spoken up on some political issue and then found themselves censored by a Bishop or even excommunicated.

So I am saying what I always say: Where are the majority Moderate Muslims in condeming this man, calling him to task and refuting his claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies