Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:47 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,240,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Dogs are a menace to peaceful communities. They bark all night, they tear up and scatter garbage, they crap all over, they frighten children and chase cars.
You're taking the most extreme negative behaviors and applying it to the millions of dogs that don't engage in them. My dog doesn't do any of these things.

Let's outlaw trees and free our society from this menace. They drop leaves everywhere, fall down during storms, suck up valuable water, are expensive to trim and maintain, their roots mess up sidewalks and foundations, plus they cause children to fall from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM

42,410 posts, read 87,347,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You're taking the most extreme negative behaviors and applying it to the millions of dogs that don't engage in them. My dog doesn't do any of these things.

Let's outlaw trees and free our society from this menace. They drop leaves everywhere, fall down during storms, suck up valuable water, are expensive to trim and maintain, their roots mess up sidewalks and foundations, plus they cause children to fall from them.
The millions of dogs that are not engaged in negative behaviors are not being shot by the police. But you have no right to abandon or abuse your dog, and expect me and other taxpayers to shelter and feed and care for it.

Your tree analogy would be as silly as saying we should outlaw money or machines or book-learning because in the wrong hands, they can have harmful consequences.

Notice that I never said that dogs should be outlawed. Only that dogs should not have the automatic right to exist, even if they are a burden to human society.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,504,796 times
Those that should be outlawed, are these people who have animals, and can give a damb about them, they abuse them, starve them, and beat them,. it is not the animals fault, when they show agressive behavior, i have studied this. So many have certain breeds of animals, for fighting, and that is a crime in itself. Go after the irresponsbile pet owners, those that should not even have a child, let alone a pet, pets cannot speak for themselves, but when raised in a negative enviroment with no love, these animals will show pack behavior. Too many abusive pet owners in our society, the numbers are astonishing. And which dogs to you should not have an automatic right to exist, those that are abused by their owners, and have turned vicious, or agressive, well it is the way that they have been raised. I like many animals better then a lot of people. A much better loyal friend. Some animals do show a agressive behavior, inspite of how they are raised, in these cases, these are dogs that are for what ever reason, not to be trusted, and certain breeds are noted for this, however so much of the time, a dog, becomes vicious and agressive, because of the living conditions in which it is living, the abuse, the beatings, the starvation, and i can go on. These are the people to go after. There would not be so many animals in these shelters, if every one was a responsible pet owner. For the dogs that are very vicious, and very agressive, and do bite, they should be put down. But do go after pet owners, who have made their dogs vicious, and agressive, because of the conditions in which they live. That itself is very sad, that grown people can do this to animals.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 AM

178 posts, read 101,652 times
Quote:
Then what's wrong with marrying a dog? Instead of an idiotic person.

2 different species why the stupid question? Just because I prefer an animal as a friend than idiotic people doesn't mean much just means dogs are much more loyal and friendly than people. I had a pit bull that dog was awesome and protected my family no matter who you were as long as you was family. If she didn't know you she wouldn't chase you but she did protect our home and no one was ever dumb enough to try and get in the drive way much less get out of their vehicle with her around.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM

2,421 posts, read 2,291,795 times
Quote:
The millions of dogs that are not engaged in negative behaviors are not being shot by the police. But you have no right to abandon or abuse your dog, and expect me and other taxpayers to shelter and feed and care for it.

Your tree analogy would be as silly as saying we should outlaw money or machines or book-learning because in the wrong hands, they can have harmful consequences.
Quote:

Notice that I never said that dogs should be outlawed. Only that dogs should not have the automatic right to exist
, even if they are a burden to human society.
Why not, every other animal does.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Here's my actual quote:

Notice that I never said that dogs should be outlawed. Only that dogs should not have the automatic right to exist, even if they are a burden to human society.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM

178 posts, read 101,652 times
welfare babies,criminals and illegal aliens who take jobs and benefits from citizens are a burden to society as well I don't see you calling for them to be shot.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Here's my actual quote:

Quote:

Please feel welcome to respond to what I said.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,373,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
2 different species why the stupid question?
Not a procreational marriage - a recreational marriage.

YouTube - HiDef - BGT - Kate & Gin Canine freestyle 16:9 widescreen

Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,468,552 times
Dog Dancing Salsa

Here is another great dog video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies