Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 08:44 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
this is literally a few hundred yard inside the allegheny line, by the old kmart and where Bill Balsamicos Ice House is/was. nothing is safe now.

Im going down south side ramp in a few to take Chris for a swim. wish me luck....
Odds are in your favor. I think the earliest Sunday South Side attack was around 6:30pm a few weeks ago when that woman and man attacked the elderly people and family of 4. This is probably early enough to avoid the violent hours. Oh that attack was around Jack's, so not far from swimming area, so keep your eyes open for trouble.

Good luck, but you should be fine.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Man killed, woman injured in shooting in East Pittsburgh

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...AFNQSVGRAKZXE/

Old 09-13-2021, 08:02 AM

10,918 posts, read 4,573,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Odds are in your favor. I think the earliest Sunday South Side attack was around 6:30pm a few weeks ago when that woman and man attacked the elderly people and family of 4. This is probably early enough to avoid the violent hours. Oh that attack was around Jack's, so not far from swimming area, so keep your eyes open for trouble.

Good luck, but you should be fine.

dude, advice, never swim in the mon. LOL

IT has alligators and snake heads and heavy metal contaminated filth!

But no, 'Chris' is my Chris Craft and going for a swim meant simply cruising up to braddock and down to the point and back, converting perhaps 5 gallons of gas into racist greenhouse gasses. I was surprised I could tie up in front of the stadiums. Going over to burgerhell was tempting...

Of note, the south side appears MUCH MUCH cleaner and less crowded with fringe elements. the homeless encampment is gone and residents on the north side of carson were once again out walking. I question the motives behind the guy rolling up the access road, middle of the road in his wheelchair doing .01mph when there was a sidewalk beside him. I guess he had a point to make. Hopefully PPD rolled him up before he got hurt. I like the idea of the center islands on carson. no more mid street running, random turns. it seems every other street will lose the traffic light and travel will now be based on full stop. BUT, when cars are parked legally and you dont wanna hit said islands, its not vast clearances of both sides of a full size suv and a 102" wide boat...

The shootings have not lessened, they just moved out of the south side. All better, back to defunding!

ps: who wants to go to a haunted hayride this weekend? BYOG

Old 09-13-2021, 08:48 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
dude, advice, never swim in the mon. LOL

IT has alligators and snake heads and heavy metal contaminated filth!

But no, 'Chris' is my Chris Craft and going for a swim meant simply cruising up to braddock and down to the point and back, converting perhaps 5 gallons of gas into racist greenhouse gasses. I was surprised I could tie up in front of the stadiums. Going over to burgerhell was tempting...

Of note, the south side appears MUCH MUCH cleaner and less crowded with fringe elements. the homeless encampment is gone and residents on the north side of carson were once again out walking. I question the motives behind the guy rolling up the access road, middle of the road in his wheelchair doing .01mph when there was a sidewalk beside him. I guess he had a point to make. Hopefully PPD rolled him up before he got hurt. I like the idea of the center islands on carson. no more mid street running, random turns. it seems every other street will lose the traffic light and travel will now be based on full stop. BUT, when cars are parked legally and you dont wanna hit said islands, its not vast clearances of both sides of a full size suv and a 102" wide boat...

The shootings have not lessened, they just moved out of the south side. All better, back to defunding!

ps: who wants to go to a haunted hayride this weekend? BYOG
Thought you were going for a swim at Oliver Bath House, so I didn't know about your CC. Always loved those boats especially the nice wooden ones, but I don't think I would want that much maintenance. lol

Wonder if the encampment is on the North Side near Bicycle Heaven still. They keep steeling his bikes because they feel entitled to them.

BYOG! Ugh, seems so.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:41 AM

Pa. State Police Investigating Two East Pittsburgh Shootings

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...rgh-shootings/

Old 09-15-2021, 11:51 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,674,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Man killed, woman injured in shooting in East Pittsburgh

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...AFNQSVGRAKZXE/
They better call their local police department. Oh wait...

Old 09-15-2021, 12:14 PM

178 posts, read 82,860 times
Quote:
Pa. State Police Investigating Two East Pittsburgh Shootings

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...rgh-shootings/
Why bother, waste of taxpayer money. Who cares. Seems easier just to check off a box that said reason is white privilege. And move on.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:57 PM
gg

This is odd to me. I guess the schools expect violence and maybe more gunfire? Strange.

https://triblive.com/local/penn-hill...ride-shooting/

Old 09-15-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is odd to me. I guess the schools expect violence and maybe more gunfire? Strange.

https://triblive.com/local/penn-hill...ride-shooting/
Of course they expect it, and they should.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:25 PM
gg

Quote:
Of course they expect it, and they should.
At a high school football game? Woodland Hills vs. Penn Hills. Have things really that bad? I do know Woodland Hills has a ton of violence and shootings outside of school. That judge that made the good districts merge really needs to be called out. What a horrible dumb person to force that. If he only knew what he was doing. Churchill and Edgewood would be amazing if they didn't get screwed!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh