Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2021, 06:24 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times

Advertisements

gotta watch out for.....table legs....(huh?)

https://triblive.com/local/victim-di...e-leg-beating/

Walk into someones home, look at the table. If it has 3 legs, the owner might be behind you, armed....

Old 08-31-2021, 06:33 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
gotta watch out for.....table legs....(huh?)

https://triblive.com/local/victim-di...e-leg-beating/

Walk into someones home, look at the table. If it has 3 legs, the owner might be behind you, armed....

Old 08-31-2021, 07:03 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Okay so they caught the two people that attacked those just leaving a restaurant for no reason. This is the type of crime that makes me wonder if I am really safe in our city. So random. I would like to know who the victims are, but we will probably never know. Do they look like me?

Old 08-31-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Okay so they caught the two people that attacked those just leaving a restaurant for no reason. This is the type of crime that makes me wonder if I am really safe in our city. So random. I would like to know who the victims are, but we will probably never know. Do they look like me?
They resorted to attacking the elderly. All other folks would be safe.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:15 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They resorted to attacking the elderly. All other folks would be safe.
Seems they attacked from behind. You really need to look out for people like them. Seems it is several times a day now. Scary folks.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems they attacked from behind. You really need to look out for people like them. Seems it is several times a day now. Scary folks.
Eh, arm yourself if you’re concerned. The right to bear arms is a great thing.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:20 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Eh. Arm yourself if you’re concerned. The right to bear arms is a great thing for folks like that.
Have a 380 in my pocket of course. It is small and enough to take care of them, but you really need to be on the lookout for the people that do this all the time. Keep an eye out for the suspects in the news every few hours. They aren't hard to spot in Pittsburgh as they are few.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:55 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
if you are drunk, you are not necessarily violent. what happens is that there is no longer a filter. some people are zany when they get drunk. others wallow in sadness. others, without the 'filter', resort to what is under the surface - wanton violence.

its too bad, but what can you do? what kills me is the personal assault this old couple had to endure. all those years on earth, then to be treated like that.

it seems one should keep their distance from black people. they seem to be the epicenter, largely most of the time, for violent episodes in the city and near eastern suburbs. knoxville, monroeville mall, east pittsburgh, downtown, carson street - it doesnt matter. welcome to post-authoritarian america. the shackles of "fascism" (pfffft) - GONE, and now we are free to fight each other in the streets.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
if you are drunk, you are not necessarily violent. what happens is that there is no longer a filter. some people are zany when they get drunk. others wallow in sadness. others, without the 'filter', resort to what is under the surface - wanton violence.

its too bad, but what can you do? what kills me is the personal assault this old couple had to endure. all those years on earth, then to be treated like that.

it seems one should keep their distance from black people. they seem to be the epicenter, largely most of the time, for violent episodes in the city and near eastern suburbs. knoxville, monroeville mall, east pittsburgh, downtown, carson street - it doesnt matter. welcome to post-authoritarian america. the shackles of "fascism" (pfffft) - GONE, and now we are free to fight each other in the streets.
Extremely sad, especially attacking elderly folks.

What you can do is arm yourself.

Such angry folks these days. Unfortunately, folks can’t just “live life” and have to act so violently. Sadly, it’ll get worse. It’s amazing how folks think defunding the police is the answer, but I’m looking forward to seeing what the social workers can do.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-31-2021 at 10:21 PM..

Old 09-01-2021, 04:28 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
The good thing (for Millennial first-time home-buyers, anyways) is that if this violence on the South Side continues, especially if more of it becomes random and not just targeted in nature, then housing prices will collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh