Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 03:05 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,964,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Indeed. A great thing about Mt. Lebanon is not only its legacy of being a great place with good schools is the fact that a majority of it’s residents are homeowners.

A quarter of Pennsylvanians are struggling to pay rent. This is going to hurt places that are a majority renter occupied, ie. the east end.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202008130034
There are many families struggling in the East End and you cannot deny it. You also have to consider the amount of East End residents with the ability to work from home. My wife and I both work from home. Most weekend activities are inexpensive or free so I am not spending money on family as much. I'm ballin at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:28 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,009,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
There are many families struggling in the East End...
That may be, but the poor eat like kings of 150 years ago. There is no denying that. Poverty today is a joke. It isn't like there are soup lines and people starving. The poor these days are complaining that their $1,000 smartphone fell on the ground and cracked. Thank you USA for being the greatest country and providing to the privileged poor that feel "owed". No one these days are owed crap. We are so lucky. Of course the far left/progressives will throw temper tantrums no matter how much they have. lol They are just so miserable and killing all cities, but hopefully working people will just look at them as a sideshow. Sort of like bearded women are at old traveling carnivals.

Last edited by gg; 08-13-2020 at 08:23 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 05:55 AM

882 posts, read 336,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That may be, but the poor eat like kings of 150 years ago. There is no denying that. Poverty today is a joke. It isn't like there are soup lines and people starving. The poor these days are complaining that their $1,000 smartphone fell on the ground and cracked. Thank you USA for being the greatest country and providing to the privileged poor that feel "owed". No one these days are owed crap. We are so lucky. Of course the far left/progressives will throw temper tantrums no matter how much they have. lol They are just so miserable and killing all cities, but hopefully working people will just look at them as a sideshow. Sort of like bearded women are at old traveling carnivals.

It's so sad that empathy is in such short supply these days. I do think that's at the root of all of the division that we have in this country.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:11 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,062,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
It's so sad that empathy is in such short supply these days. I do think that's at the root of all of the division that we have in this country.
all the empathy in the world will not do anything to prevent or reverse "division". there is more to the discussion.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:52 AM

882 posts, read 336,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
all the empathy in the world will not do anything to prevent or reverse "division". there is more to the discussion.

Never said there wasn't more. Just said that it's at the root of the issue.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:49 PM

146 posts, read 133,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
We have a society full of victims. When 80% of the country sees themselves as part of an aggrieved group empathy runs in short supply. When everyone is a victim, no one is.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan14 View Post
We have a society full of victims. When 80% of the country sees themselves as part of an aggrieved group empathy runs in short supply. When everyone is a victim, no one is.
Exactly. You get nothing from me anymore. I just hear tons of spoiled brats. All victims of their own making. This country has it all. Some are just happy bringing everyone down. F*** them.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:53 PM

806 posts, read 260,849 times
Love to watch people talk about how empathy is bad.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:09 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,545 times
Interesting article. I have seen this going on for a while now. Homes in Lawrenceville aren’t selling liked they used to. Rentals are dropping like a rock in downtown, strip district, central north side and south side. Migration to the suburbs appears to be ramping up. Make sure to thank a tech geek from CMU that helped make working remote possible.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202009130040

Old 09-14-2020, 05:24 PM

I do think there is going to be a shift because people aren’t feeling safe anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh