Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts10yrs View Post
Sadly, it has been the burden of the white population, including European countries, to rescue the rest of the world, and in doing so they are always seen at fault, quickly blamed for their efforts. Similar to what you see in Pittsburgh, populations regardless of race will always want gravitate to better neighborhoods, and you see that globally with muslims exodus into countries like Germany, England, France, and Spain. There looking for a better life. The problem is once there they are not socializing to the culture and basically bringing with them their problems. Multi-culuturlism is an absurd idea. There has to be a commonality among the people or there is no social harmony. With so much effort being placed on cultural differences, and promoting superiority unknowingly, there is nothing but friction.
given the recent bombings it struck me how people of different races and religions really can live together, after all catholics are no longer fighting in the streets with protestants, and mexicans aren't bombing non-hispanic white towns. are eastern europeans still discriminated against? the exception, for the time being, seems to be islam. I don't really see your point. the white population? what exactly is the white population doing? our policies in central and south america have destabilized countries. we whine about mexicans coming here yet its our drug war that is destroying their towns. even jihad is a response to foreign meddling in backward islamic countries, first from the soviets in afghanistan, then the US. I see the problem as essentially about economics and freedom. how many bombers come from turkey? which country has a higher unemployment rate among young males, turkey or afghanistan? in the US, which race has the highest teenage unemployment rate and does it correlate with violence and crime? most violent crime is committed by people under 26.
anyway, I don't completely disagree with you, I think we've gone too far in embracing multiculturalism in particular and that americanizing immigrant groups isn't all bad (unless it means forcing them to eat mcdonald's)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh