Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 07:56 PM

22 posts, read 45,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
More Asian infusion coming to the Burgh Noodles & Company

Noodles & Company opening first Pittsburgh-area restaurant - Pittsburgh Business Times
lol, I don't know if this qualifies as foodie. their stroganoff is pretty tasty though, loaded with sriracha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 07:54 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,949,788 times
Default Foodies and Technology..A Wonderful Thing

I Like where this is going!

Let's eat. Let's tweet. Chefs do double duty.

because of Technology no longer are cities "20 years behind others". Now whats "Hot and happening" in SF, NY, Miami can be "hot and happening" in the Burgh almost at the same time.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
Has anyone seen the new place on Liberty Avenue on the block next to Fifth Avenue Place - it's called Dahntahn something-or-other (don't remember). Large sign outside, not open yet, but looks to be a restaurant/bar. I haven't heard anything about it.
Here's More Details, Looks like a winner for Downtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburg....html?page=all

Quote:
Courtney Lynch-Crawford brings local flavor to Downtown Pittsburgh restaurant

Courtney Lynch-Crawford has the ideal restaurant for the Golden Triangle in her head, and it comes piping hot with a thick local accent, barbecue made with Isaly’s chipped ham, and fresh donuts seasoned with sugar and cinnamon shaken in a brown paper bag.
Next week, she’ll open that vision to the public with A Taste of Dahntahn in the Dallmeyer building on Liberty Avenue across from the Fairmont Hotel .
“I want to be here for 20 years,” Lynch-Crawford said. “I want to cater to people who live Downtown. It’s hard to find places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.”Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection

Last edited by Yac; 08-15-2011 at 04:35 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 09:05 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,981,331 times
Quote:
Why would you want to "deconstruct" Lasagne Bolognese?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM

780 posts, read 1,396,340 times
Default El Patron, Rte. 30 across from Wal Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
Anyone know where I can get a good enchilade en mole? Preferably East of the city.
El Patron Mexican Grill - Greensburg | Urbanspoon

Not sure if they have mole enchiladas on the menu but their other food is tasty and reasonable. Not as good as the places in Houston I went to a bunch but the best I have found around these parts.

When I was there, I had the beef fajitas and I was taking food home and I usually don't. They give you a lot. The margaritas were good and the chips and salsa were tasty.

Service was excellent.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:13 PM

780 posts, read 1,396,340 times
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Yeah, some of those are pretty far out. It's not really Coraopolis I suspect but somewhere in the Robinson shopping area where that one is coming. The others are at the Waterworks, The Mills, Cranberry, Oakland, Murrysville and Ross Park Mall.
There is one in Hempfield Twp. across from Wal Mart on Rte. 30. Been there over a year now.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 PM

33,123 posts, read 36,971,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Why would you want to "deconstruct" Lasagne Bolognese?
I guess because Rachel Ray did it, so I must be great.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Things are looking promising for the Gastropub "Meat n Potatoes"

Meat & Potatoes turns in a smashing performance in the Cultural District

Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 AM

This place is AWESOME tried it while visiting the Burgh this week....Hopefully this is the start to bring some life to 8th Ave. But they also need later hours, maybe that will come if they're still around when 8th Av revitalizes itself...8th Av has the makings to be a prime business district really hope it can come back to life.

Smoke Barbecue Taqueria - A Homestead venue brilliantly combines fantastically smoked meats on freshly made tortillas, dressed with updated traditional toppings - Taste - Dining Reviews - Pittsburgh City Paper

Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,981,331 times
Quote:
This place is AWESOME tried it while visiting the Burgh this week....Hopefully this is the start to bring some life to 8th Ave. But they also need later hours, maybe that will come if they're still around when 8th Av revitalizes itself...8th Av has the makings to be a prime business district really hope it can come back to life.

Smoke Barbecue Taqueria - A Homestead venue brilliantly combines fantastically smoked meats on freshly made tortillas, dressed with updated traditional toppings - Taste - Dining Reviews - Pittsburgh City Paper
That does look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh