Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 06:20 PM

32,623 posts, read 77,744,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
What Winghart's tweeted earlier this afternoon:
See that, y'all? Me whining and ranting on City-Data CAN make a difference sometimes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
See that, y'all? Me whining and ranting on City-Data CAN make a difference sometimes!
Why you reading the foodie thread anyway? Go on back to your fast food thread where you belong.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,912,968 times
The City Paper offer's up its reviews on Burgatory in Waterworks

Burgatory - Burgatory's burgers are unquestionably in the running for best in town - Taste - Dining Reviews - Pittsburgh City Paper

Quote:
Know that old joke about Pittsburgh being a great place to be when the world comes to an end, because everything happens here 20 years later? Well, sorry to those who are taking end-of-days refuge here, but we're just not sure whether that's true anymore. Whether because of our status as a post-Rust Belt success story or just thanks to the Internet, when it comes to trends, there's no longer much gap between hearing about cool culture in other cities and getting to experience it in Pittsburgh......

Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,912,968 times
Instersting take on the rising foodie scene in the Burgh

On the Menu: When too many cooks is a good thing

Old 07-03-2011, 06:33 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,697,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post

My favorite Chinese place closed down (Golden Palace in Robinson)
that's unfortunate about golden palace, they had good dim sum, which is rare here. but have you tried china star on mcknight rd? if you like authentic szechuan food, it's tops. they also recently opened a location on murray in squirrel hill, and how lee at forbes & shady recently added a szechuan menu.

of and zaws is amazing of course. orient express in oakland is surprisingly good too.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:01 PM

39 posts, read 92,941 times
Default Visited Pittsburgh this past week

We visited Pittsburgh this past week, ate at a few restaurants while also looking at the area. We ate at Soba, had a great meal. Spoon, gorgonzola souffle very good, but main dish miso glazed butterfish and salmon was cold. Sonoma Grill, just ordinary. The Willows, not a very good meal.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,069,480 times
Winghart's extending their hours (pre-drinks) is great news.

Looks like I have to make a point of trying Burgatory.

I was glad to read the closing of the culinary school Downtown isn't going to have much impact on the local restaurants in terms of staffing.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM

31 posts, read 102,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
  • Penn Avenue Fish Company - Strip District - Fish, Seafood Bisque
TACO TUESDAY: They have their fish tacos for 2 for $4.99, 3 for $6.99 or all you can eat for $8.99 on Tuesdays. I don't usually like fish tacos, but these are amazing. The nice thing is because my theater is right over the 16th street bridge, I can run over for lunch, buy some and run back - but call first because they get BUSY.
The sushi is amazeballs, too. Best fish place in town, hands down. Blows Wholey's out of the water. All puns intended.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:20 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,049,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Looks like I have to make a point of trying Burgatory.
Let us know what you think. I ordered a med rare burger there and it was dry and well done. Wasn't impressed, but I think most people like the toppings and gimmicks. Sort of like why Ben and Jerry's is such a success. Not really quality, but cool labels and fun flavors with tons of sugar.

I will probably try it again someday because maybe I just went on a bad day, but I don't have high hopes.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:39 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,191,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Let us know what you think. I ordered a med rare burger there and it was dry and well done. Wasn't impressed, but I think most people like the toppings and gimmicks. Sort of like why Ben and Jerry's is such a success. Not really quality, but cool labels and fun flavors with tons of sugar.

I will probably try it again someday because maybe I just went on a bad day, but I don't have high hopes.
I have to agree...the burger was good but on the dry side. The variety of specialty burgers is nice but I wasn't too impressed with the gimmicky "build a burger" thing you see everywhere these days. For the price, I'm not sure how often I'd go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh