Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,127,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I'd do it again in a cocaine heartbeat. I've never been happier. Love it here. I make more money than I did back east, work from home, my wife makes more money, has a much shorter commute, we just bought an awesome house for way less than my shoebox condo back east cost and I swim in my pool every night after dinner. Paradise.
Ditto.

Bonus:

Had a CCW in the midwest; never transferred it or got one here in AZ. I let it expire.

Won't need one soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 PM

211 posts, read 642,415 times
I moved here in late 2001 to take advantage of the booming tech sector. Haha.

Every summer, I find myself thinking about the Pacific NW or someplace greener and cooler, but then I get an hour outside the 101 loop in Phoenix and remember why I love this state. Summer gets hotter and lasts longer every year but I find it hard to picture myself living anywhere else. Phoenix is home.

So yeah, I'd do it all over again. (Although I'd probably find another line of work and skip the whole over-priced college thing.)

Old 05-18-2010, 06:04 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,342,442 times
I love Arizona and it's been my home. I'm from California. In the last 5 years, I have considered moving back but not because of the weather or job scene but due to an emerging right wing element that disturbs me. Nonetheless, despite this 1070 law, I feel like people have been pretty reasonable and rational about it regardless of their view regarding the bill.

I realized this bill can actually do some good because it raised awareness about racial profiling. It's brought this topic to the forefront and I feel that both people and law enforcement in Arizona are much more understanding and empathetic realizing this issue was discussed so heavily and it forced people to think about this issue. If anything, I think minorities particularly Hispanic could be treated better as a result of this law since people will want to be on their best behavior and not prove the detractors right by racially discriminating against Hispanics. I still don't support the law but that is one positive effect of it that I'm already seeing. I think any law enforcement in Arizona will be embarrassed to racially profile now.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:37 PM

105 posts, read 275,637 times
My one year anniversary of living in Phoenix just passed a few days ago. Did I make the right decision to pack all my belongings and leave Minneapolis suddenly? Absolutely.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:10 PM

36 posts, read 82,111 times
-Moved to Phoenix from Chicago in 1999
-Moved back to Chicago (family reasons) in 2006

I sooo regret it. Currently making plans to moved back to Phoenix in a couple of years. I miss it immensely.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,490,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

Please forgive me for saying this but......that sounds like a "sucky" way to live.

I certainly wouldn't let any of those things hold me back from leaving.

That last post was a bit pathetic.

The selling of their old house and the buying of the house down here was a big surprise. At the time we were looking into some different opportunities. They told us after it happened. It's nice to be close to family and we have the only grandkids.

I'm content to stay around the area. I love the weather, minus the 20 days or so a year that I cuss it. We live in a great area for raising kids so Its nice to be here. I'd honestly rather be in a more urban(Tempe) environment. Still a beautiful area.

I can think of many worse places to live. Overall I'm pretty happy with the move and we would do it again...in a different part of the valley. It would kind of be a d*** move to relocate and hour away from them after they bought a house down the street.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 PM

165 posts, read 406,483 times
I am self employed and work from home. I can basically live anywhere that FedEx will deliver and I have a high speed internet connection. I love the Phx area. I currently live in the SE valley and would not want to live anywhere else. We have been here for 5 years.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:07 AM

15 posts, read 30,720 times
We moved here to a retirement community 10 years ago. We have made good friends and it has been a good base for exploring the west. We came here after our kids moved to the outrageously expensive Pacific Northwest. I still miss the Florida greenery, being in walking distance to the beach and playing with boats. The winters were not as cool and the summers not as hot although they were humid.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM

40 posts, read 131,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlade View Post
-Moved to Phoenix from Chicago in 1999
-Moved back to Chicago (family reasons) in 2006

I sooo regret it. Currently making plans to moved back to Phoenix in a couple of years. I miss it immensely.
Did exactly the same thing, moved back to PA for family reasons. Don't know if there are any Arrested Development fans on here but the often-used quote "I've made a huge mistake" comes to mind.

I'm looking into starting a business and Phoenix is a much better market. Even if that wasn't the case, I'd still want to go back.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:50 AM

128 posts, read 447,806 times
Arrested Development ROCKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area