Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 34,637 times

Advertisements

Well I moved to Arizona from MI totally happy but scared at the time,2 weeks in I was so homesick I moved back 5 months later. Now I have been home and totally hate that I moved back to MI its not doing well at all, but now Im going to have to re bank all my $$ to get back to AZ!

Has anyone done this? I mean we are heading back next July, but I was making great $$ there and have maintained my connections. Just wondeirng if anyone has experienced this?

Valerie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,301 times
This happened to me...only I did not stay very long in Minnesota. I moved here from Minnesota April 2007...decided I wanted to move back that May...then a week later I moved back to Phoenix and I am still here.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
That's a TOUGHEE, Valerie.

Many years ago a wise old friend told me "YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK" and how right he was.

Good Luck!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
That's a TOUGHEE, Valerie.

Many years ago a wise old friend told me "YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK" and how right he was.

Good Luck!
Very true there.

Wash DC native here; I spent a few months in Oregon, which rather resembles the DC area in weather and terrain (not quite as cold in the winter in all fairness)--------7 months later, adios and back to Arizona.

Give me my warmth and sun.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Any time that I get a hankerin' to move back to Michigan, something incredibly wonderful happens to me here in AZ.

We enjoy visiting MI in the summertime and at Christmas, but honestly, when we get back here we always say: "It's good to be home, eh?"

Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM

307 posts, read 954,181 times
Default Ask to PM toejamfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_MI View Post
Well I moved to Arizona from MI totally happy but scared at the time,2 weeks in I was so homesick I moved back 5 months later. Now I have been home and totally hate that I moved back to MI its not doing well at all, but now Im going to have to re bank all my $$ to get back to AZ!

Has anyone done this? I mean we are heading back next July, but I was making great $$ there and have maintained my connections. Just wondeirng if anyone has experienced this?

Valerie
Hi. toejamfootball (member) says they are looking to move back to MI - I suggested they look you up for a possible house swap!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:10 PM

190 posts, read 571,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_MI View Post

Valerie
There is a reason all of these complainers will not actually move out of Arizona. Obviously, they don't hate Arizona enough to move

Old 05-27-2008, 03:42 PM

203 posts, read 810,483 times
after 7 months i almost moved back. i looked in truck rental and such.
i told my self that i don't know anyone here, and it was better back in mi.

just then things got interesting, our house burnt down. we lost everything.

it forced me to meet my neighbors and now they are some of my best friends.

i will never go back to Michigan. but to only to sign the papers to sell to home i own there.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM

9 posts, read 34,637 times
Its so good to hear that so many people feel or have felt the same way! We are heading back next July,because we have to save up all our money again to move! Ugh I could kick myself..but everything happens for a reason right?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 AM

837 posts, read 2,334,635 times
I moved here from Ypsilanti, MI about a year and half ago with my ex-wife and two boys, she hated it here, missed her familyl, and just upped and Left. I miss my family terribly, but I'll never go back for good. She's the type to never follow through on anything no matter what it is, and makes irrational decisisons w/o thinking them through. Hope you put more thought into things next time.
The jury's still out on AZ though, I may move to CA or GA if it doesn't pan out here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area