Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 09:24 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,628,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
You both forgot one. A snowbird sticky.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:24 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,333,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
And this is only ONE of (too) many weather threads here! I really think a weather thread needs to be a sticky at the top of this forum and all weather posts can go in one place.
I've proposed that we should have a permanent Heat thread sticky in the past and they should all be merged there. At the time, the other forum members didn't like the idea. Maybe this time, more will be on board.

It's just the same opinions being rehashed and adds nothing to our forum. Instead of having multiple heat threads all at once (like in the summer), just make it sticky. Therefore if newcomers want information on heat, they can read the sticky.

So if you guys like this idea, PM the mod and let her know.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:43 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,328,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yep! Totally in agreement!

Definitely a Weather Thread STICKY! And how about a...

Traffic Thread STICKY?

...and perhaps a...

Pizza Thread STICKY?

ALL of these always get several pages of inordinate discussion!
We are only allowed 2 sticky threads per forum so if we made a weather thread then either the photo thread or the long time residents stories would have to be cut loose. I think a weather thread is needed more than either of those

Old 12-29-2016, 07:22 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,628,313 times
Quote:
We are only allowed 2 sticky threads per forum so if we made a weather thread then either the photo thread or the long time residents stories would have to be cut loose. I think a weather thread is needed more than either of those
Sounds like a plan, ma'am.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:06 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,372,342 times
It seems like in a lot of these forums people kind of ignore/look right past the "stickies" ... I guess the mods would just have to be diligent about moving threads off the main board and into the stickies in order to make it work.

In a sense you could sort a lot of our threads into various categories/stickies but then you'd have dozens of them so I guess that's what they're trying to avoid as individual thread-titles are more eye-catching.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:04 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,328,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
It seems like in a lot of these forums people kind of ignore/look right past the "stickies" ... I guess the mods would just have to be diligent about moving threads off the main board and into the stickies in order to make it work.

In a sense you could sort a lot of our threads into various categories/stickies but then you'd have dozens of them so I guess that's what they're trying to avoid as individual thread-titles are more eye-catching.
Weather is one of those topics that comes up again and again and again here. It's a hot topic (pun intended HAHA) though a lot of the threads are really the same over and over again.

For the sake of those visiting the forum for true relocation advice and general information on the valley, I think putting all of those weather threads in one place and clearing the clutter would really be a plus.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:52 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,024,856 times
Quote:
Weather is one of those topics that comes up again and again and again here. It's a hot topic (pun intended HAHA) though a lot of the threads are really the same over and over again.

For the sake of those visiting the forum for true relocation advice and general information on the valley, I think putting all of those weather threads in one place and clearing the clutter would really be a plus.

So I think you should create a poll thread and let us vote on it. That way it's a democratic process

Old 05-27-2018, 10:25 PM

262 posts, read 203,375 times
We have jobs, old people to sell crap to, and legal medical weed. what's not to like?

Old 05-28-2018, 03:14 PM

277 posts, read 277,656 times
Dead thread received: the eternal question

Because 110 a few times a year is way way way easier to live with than 5 months of snow and cold.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,754,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Dead thread received: the eternal question

Because 110 a few times a year is way way way easier to live with than 5 months of snow and cold.
It's a numbers game, 110 is the high for 30 or whatever days per year, that temperature occurs for a few hours of the day only. On most of these days it's under 95 until 9 to 10am. In a cold city where the high is 30 or less, that's the best it gets.

Here's a very typical 110+ summer day in 2017, it reached 95 around 9am and the temperature was above 110 from 4-6pm. This is one of the longest days of the year.

https://www.wunderground.com/history...ic=&reqdb.wmo=

By mid-August there's already a noticeable difference in morning temps due to the later sunrise and lower sun angle. Now were not hitting 95 until around 10-11am.

https://www.wunderground.com/history...ic=&reqdb.wmo=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area