Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me more about Goodyear and if possible list the best subdivisions in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 10:47 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Could someone tell me more about Goodyear and if possible list the best subdivisions in the area.
There's been several posts about Goodyear lately - try a search.

Goodyear is your basic boomtown suburb. There are dozens of subdivisions. Many are in master planned communities. In order of price, highest to lowest:

1. Estrella (aka Estrella Mountain Ranch) $400K and up though you can find stuff in the mid-200s on the resales. Out in the foothills. There is a new part called Montecito that has some houses at lower prices too, I think. Some love the isolation, others hate it. Golf, residents center, lots of amenities.

2. Palm Valley - $300K and up. No canyon, a few palms. Tony area with some retirement and some family. Golf, residents center, lots of amenities.

3. Pebble Creek - $250K and up? No pebbles, no creeks. Retirement

4. Canyon Trails - $200 and up (some in the $160s). No canyon, bike/hike trail system. Was developing rapidly during the boom and was more moderately priced so there was more speculation here (empty houses and rentals). Will be the fastest growing area of the city when things improve. Gobs of retail being built in the general area.

5. Miscellaneous - same as Canyon Trails

Do not associate price with such things like safety, quality of life etc. Almost all of Goodyear is brand spanking new and safe. Schools are good to excellent. Estrella offers a somewhat unique experience if you are in to that.

I notice you are from CA. I would guess that half or better of the people who come to Goodyear (Estrella anyway) are from CA based on my informal survey of out of state plates in the school pickup area.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:55 PM

Thank you so much for the information.
I am sorry if it is a turn off that we are from Ca.(by the face at the end of your post) but we would be moving there to be closer to our grandchildren, so we won't be adding to the school population.
I only hope that being from Ca. doesn't mean that we would be treated any differently then the hundreds of people who move there from any other state.
We also need to move there for my husbands health, I understand they have great health services there.
Again, Thank you for the information.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for the information.
I am sorry if it is a turn off that we are from Ca.(by the face at the end of your post) but we would be moving there to be closer to our grandchildren, so we won't be adding to the school population.
I only hope that being from Ca. doesn't mean that we would be treated any differently then the hundreds of people who move there from any other state.
We also need to move there for my husbands health, I understand they have great health services there.
Again, Thank you for the information.
The peeve I have is not with people from California, it's with people from all states who send their kids to school here but won't register their cars and pay their taxes like the rest of us. I personally prefer CA people moving here (if we must have people moving here). They adapt much better to the Phoenix area and don't whine about how much better is was "back east".

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 01-04-2008 at 07:15 PM..

Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate that very much.
I understand your feelings and I do believe that where you live is where your car should be registered and you should be paying your taxes. You should support your own community, town, and state.
I personally do not understand why they keep their car registered in Ca., our fees are very high here.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 AM

8 posts, read 18,392 times
Default "from.....back east"

I would imagine that most everyone at one time or another was ...."from back east" I lived worked hiked loved and enjoyed living in Arizona as well as paying ALL my taxes in that wonderful state and town.... just every once in a great while I would run into someone who would say why dont you move "back east"!!
Well after I moved out of Goodyear?Phoenix because of the job market collapse and into southern California, I had to move "back east" cause there was no work for me to support my family on unless you would call working in Circle K a real job with benefits.
Do you remember Intertec Aviation ??? we wrere one of the backbones to your economy in the late 80's to early 90's and had to close due to Big Shot Texans who sent us into closure and took our facility back to Dallas Fort Worth!!! They hated seeing us making a profit while they stood still in there Dalfort Plant!! We embarassed them into shutting us down, why how could we do such a thing to the parent company....this is in my opinion of course but it just makes since that we were the industries leader at that time in aircraft maintenance, located behind Loral in the Goodyear Municipal Airport. JOHN

Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate that very much.
I understand your feelings and I do believe that where you live is where your car should be registered and you should be paying your taxes. You should support your own community, town, and state.
I personally do not understand why they keep their car registered in Ca., our fees are very high here.
I think you will like AZ once you get settled here. We are also former CA residents and could not have picked a better state to flee to. We did find to our advantage to rip off our CA plates as soon as we could and can't understand why anyone would not register their vehicles here instead of CA. Maybe it is the long, painful line at the MVD? I hope you enjoy your new home here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area