Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 05:06 AM

1,465 posts, read 626,826 times

Advertisements

This will probably be the most sensational murder of the year in Philadelphia (Somerton):
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uses-home.html

This guy should have been locked away for a long time before this ... It's sick that burglary and property crimes are no longer considered jail-worthy by the Left.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 AM

9,416 posts, read 9,403,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
There was a violent carjacking at 10th and Spruce last night, and a would-be-robber got himself shot in the head around 7th and Callowhill. The same robber who got shot was most likely the same one who tried to rob someone at 18th and Callowhill and got shot at three times. He was also possibly the carjacker.

https://6abc.com/man-found-shot-insi...pect/10343340/
6pm and 10th & Spruce

830pm at 18th and Callowhill.

Either these are one-off incidents or crime has crept its way into and around Center City....

Old 02-16-2021, 11:07 AM

463 posts, read 208,353 times
Quote:
This will probably be the most sensational murder of the year in Philadelphia (Somerton):
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uses-home.html

This guy should have been locked away for a long time before this ... It's sick that burglary and property crimes are no longer considered jail-worthy by the Left.
Go figure, directly underneath the story was an advertisement with fried chicken and grilled meat. Let's just say I've lost my appetite.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:20 PM

1,705 posts, read 983,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
6pm and 10th & Spruce

830pm at 18th and Callowhill.

Either these are one-off incidents or crime has crept its way into and around Center City....
That's what I was afraid of.

The sheer volume of violent crime makes it a very good possibility that the "creep" of violence is happening. 10th and spruce is a very up-scale. That's alarming. Though, I love that these human pieces of utter garbage got what was coming to them. We need more of this stuff. I never hought I'd say this, but itmight be time to invest in a legal carry.

This new carjacking explosion is scary.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:55 PM

754 posts, read 465,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
That's what I was afraid of.

The sheer volume of violent crime makes it a very good possibility that the "creep" of violence is happening. 10th and spruce is a very up-scale. That's alarming. Though, I love that these human pieces of utter garbage got what was coming to them. We need more of this stuff. I never hought I'd say this, but itmight be time to invest in a legal carry.

This new carjacking explosion is scary.
More info from the Inquirer

Two suspects tried to rob a man on a Center City street and one ended up shot in the head, police say

A man found shot in the head inside a car at 7th and Callowhill Streets on Monday night may have been shot while trying to rob someone a few minutes earlier with what turned out to be a BB gun, Philadelphia police said Tuesday.

The suspected robber remained hospitalized in critical condition, while a 17-year-old who may have assisted him in the robbery was taken into custody. No charges have yet been filed and police didn’t identify them. But police did say the 21-year-old man they may have targeted was legally carrying a firearm.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/shooti...-20210216.html

Old 02-16-2021, 04:30 PM

9,416 posts, read 9,403,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
More info from the Inquirer

Two suspects tried to rob a man on a Center City street and one ended up shot in the head, police say

A man found shot in the head inside a car at 7th and Callowhill Streets on Monday night may have been shot while trying to rob someone a few minutes earlier with what turned out to be a BB gun, Philadelphia police said Tuesday.

The suspected robber remained hospitalized in critical condition, while a 17-year-old who may have assisted him in the robbery was taken into custody. No charges have yet been filed and police didn’t identify them. But police did say the 21-year-old man they may have targeted was legally carrying a firearm.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/shooti...-20210216.html
Extremely brazen to steal a car and then attempt an additional robbery a few hours later. Unsettling and scary territory we are entering. And good for the targeted person at shooting them, as long as the story checks out.

Has there been any comment or announcements from the mayor or police commissioner or anyone in office regarding crime? Or is the focus this week on cancelling Columbus Day?

Old 02-16-2021, 05:43 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,771,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Extremely brazen to steal a car and then attempt an additional robbery a few hours later. Unsettling and scary territory we are entering. And good for the targeted person at shooting them, as long as the story checks out.

Has there been any comment or announcements from the mayor or police commissioner or anyone in office regarding crime? Or is the focus this week on cancelling Columbus Day?
No comments as usual

Old 02-16-2021, 11:36 PM

1,465 posts, read 626,826 times
At 11:30 last night, somebody got robbed at gunpoint of $300 at 12th and South. Fled in a white Dodge Caravan.

Eight o'clock last night there was a strong-arm robbery by juveniles at 16th and Market.

Six o'clock last night a store was robbed at gunpoint at 18th and Chestnut.

Six o'clock last night a seventeen year old girl was running around Love Park with a gun. I hope she was just carrying it for protection.

I don't know if it's worse than usual, but there's always been crime (including violent crime) in Center City.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:11 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,771,607 times
Quote:
At 11:30 last night, somebody got robbed at gunpoint of $300 at 12th and South. Fled in a white Dodge Caravan.

Eight o'clock last night there was a strong-arm robbery by juveniles at 16th and Market.

Six o'clock last night a store was robbed at gunpoint at 18th and Chestnut.

Six o'clock last night a seventeen year old girl was running around Love Park with a gun. I hope she was just carrying it for protection.

I don't know if it's worse than usual, but there's always been crime (including violent crime) in Center City.

My favorite areas of center city that has always been safe

17th to 20th and JFK

6th and arch to 8th and arch

6th and walnut to 8th and walnut

2nd and market to 5th and maket

22nd and walnut

Old 02-17-2021, 06:51 AM

463 posts, read 208,353 times
Well, we can't figure out a strategy or reason for being on track for 600+ murders this year in Philly alone, but we have this.

https://fusion.inquirer.com/news/ter...-20210217.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia