Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 09:27 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,754,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
I figured it would be before the weekend was over

Old 01-16-2021, 10:18 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
I saw that and it was disgusting to watch. He was innocent and helpless. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time . I can’t understand why they had to shoot him? They took his money, why did they need to kill him??? Heartbreaking. RIP to the young man.
I think you will see. more and more of this type of thing. Lots of hate out there towards someone that looks like the victim. I wish I never saw that video. Very sad indeed, but feel it is the new norm. Lots of tension out there.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:16 AM

403 posts, read 296,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think you will see. more and more of this type of thing. Lots of hate out there towards someone that looks like the victim. I wish I never saw that video. Very sad indeed, but feel it is the new norm. Lots of tension out there.

This crime is so tragic in so many ways and my heart goes out to the family for such an unnecessary and random act of violence and murder.

I disagree with you that this type of thing will increase. This is not the new norm. There is not a tension. I talk and speak with my neighbors and community all the time. It says you live in Pittsburgh. How would you know the new normal in Brewerytown??

What are you referring too? This looks like a gang related crime (in that the assailants were in some sort of gang) in the manner the perpetuators approached the victim and casually shot them.

This has nothing to do with race, and that is what it sounds like your post is implying.

It is so sad, and my heart goes to the family, but your baseless claims have no depth, or are at the very least owed more explanation, other than baseless rhetoric.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:24 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,547 times
Quote:
This is true. It's actually been going on for decades, but the Left would lead you to believe otherwise.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penna76 View Post
This crime is so tragic in so many ways and my heart goes out to the family for such an unnecessary and random act of violence and murder.

I disagree with you that this type of thing will increase. This is not the new norm. There is not a tension. I talk and speak with my neighbors and community all the time. It says you live in Pittsburgh. How would you know the new normal in Brewerytown??

What are you referring too? This looks like a gang related crime (in that the assailants were in some sort of gang) in the manner the perpetuators approached the victim and casually shot them.

This has nothing to do with race, and that is what it sounds like your post is implying.

It is so sad, and my heart goes to the family, but your baseless claims have no depth, or are at the very least owed more explanation, other than baseless rhetoric.

How do you know this has nothing to do with race? Your rhetoric is just as baseless as those you disagree with and there's a strong chance these two chose the area to commit this crime because it's gentrifying.

And you do realize that 'gangs' (as people tend to think of them) aren't a problem in Philadelphia, right? Unless you consider blocks that drug dealers run to be gangs ...

Everybody's reality is different and there's a good chance that the reality of this crime is it was two young, soulless thugs who graduated to murder after deciding they wanted to see what it was like to kill someone. Were probably egging one another on.

Last edited by Hedonism; 01-17-2021 at 09:51 AM..

Old 01-17-2021, 09:45 AM

403 posts, read 296,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
How do you know this has nothing to do with race? Your rhetoric is just as baseless as those you disagree with.

And you do realize that 'gangs' as people tend to think of them aren't a problem in Philadelphia, right? Unless you consider blocks that drug dealers run to be gangs ...

Everybody's reality is different and there's a good chance that the reality of this crime is it was two young, soulless thugs who graduated to murder after deciding they wanted to se what it was like to kill someone. Probably were egging one another on.

Again, where do you live? I live in the neighborhood where the crime occurred. I think I have a better idea of what the relations are then you, who most likely live in a far off suburb and just judge based on baseless perception.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Again, where do you live? I live in the neighborhood where the crime occurred. I think I have a better idea of what the relations are then you, who most likely live in a far off suburb and just judge based on baseless perception.
Philadelphia, for 56 years, working throughout the city for 28 of them. How about you?

It doesn't matter that you live there. You have no idea why this murder occurred and you don't know everybody in the area.

I can guarantee you I know more about these types of things than you ever could.

I'm done getting into a "Who's more Philly?" with you. Good luck in your neighborhood.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:

Oh I do very much feel it has to do with race and feel this very young man was a target. It is the same in all cities really. Pittsburgh is lucky as we aren't nearly as diverse, but I watch news all over every city. We just had a Pittsburgh area woman murdered on the way to work down in Nashville. She was white and two black men murdered her while she was driving to work.

You can disagree all you like, but I am watching what is going on and how the BLM vs. police thing is playing a role in the new attitudes out there. I think you would have to be living under a rock not to see this.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:22 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,754,477 times
Quote:
Oh I do very much feel it has to do with race and feel this very young man was a target. It is the same in all cities really. Pittsburgh is lucky as we aren't nearly as diverse, but I watch news all over every city. We just had a Pittsburgh area woman murdered on the way to work down in Nashville. She was white and two black men murdered her while she was driving to work.

You can disagree all you like, but I am watching what is going on and how the BLM vs. police thing is playing a role in the new attitudes out there. I think you would have to be living under a rock not to see this.
Im black and yes unfortunately it had to do with race which has been going on in this city for years. He was viewed as a non-threat and that's why they attacked him and the same thing happens on a daily in university city to the penn students

Old 01-17-2021, 12:03 PM

724 posts, read 404,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
I saw this. This is great news!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia