Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 09:28 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times

Advertisements

How does this church demolition compare with the one you're discussing? It's an amazing building. Or it was once. 43rd and Chestnut.

Another ornate Philadelphia church faces the wrecking ball | Inga Saffron - Philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
How does this church demolition compare with the one you're discussing? It's an amazing building. Or it was once. 43rd and Chestnut.

Another ornate Philadelphia church faces the wrecking ball | Inga Saffron - Philly
Developer Ori Feibush: I'm walking away from the Bella Vista church after I demolish it - Philly

Once again, when the discussion revolves around anything west of the Schuylkill, crickets. Turns out they share a connection: Constellar Corp owner Guy Laren, but I guess it's not noteworthy enough for discussion. A tale of two cities indeed. No wonder it feels like a different world over here. Namaste.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Developer Ori Feibush: I'm walking away from the Bella Vista church after I demolish it - Philly

Once again, when the discussion revolves around anything west of the Schuylkill, crickets. Turns out they share a connection: Constellar Corp owner Guy Laren, but I guess it's not noteworthy enough for discussion. A tale of two cities indeed. No wonder it feels like a different world over here. Namaste.
Holy crap! I just realized that the house directly next to this church is one of the houses I almost bought when I first moved to Philly. Glad I didn't buy that one!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Holy crap! I just realized that the house directly next to this church is one of the houses I almost bought when I first moved to Philly. Glad I didn't buy that one!
Yikes! You definitely lucked out.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Hotel-condo hybrid tower planned for corner in Old City restaurant-supply row - Philly

New hotel/condo proposed in Old City across from the Bridge on Race St. I personally think the rendering looks fantastic. That photo looked like something you would see in Chelsea.

I am waiting for the old bats to come out and claim it ruins the neighborhood. I guess we will stay tuned.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:36 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Hotel-condo hybrid tower planned for corner in Old City restaurant-supply row - Philly

New hotel/condo proposed in Old City across from the Bridge on Race St. I personally think the rendering looks fantastic. That photo looked like something you would see in Chelsea.

I am waiting for the old bats to come out and claim it ruins the neighborhood. I guess we will stay tuned.
Old bats are not in that part town so much. Maybe you are not so aware that Philadelphia gentrification started in Old City by
Historic Landmarks by Steve Solms and Carl Dranoff back in the 80s. So anything new going on there is perfectly normal. I know you don't like low rise stuff but all the same there is a ton of new-ish housing right there nearby.

The old pumping station where Fringe is now has been beautifully restored, Race St Pier, Cherry St Pier(under construction) and the huge park coming over 95/Columbus Blvd is/will make it all so liveable.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:37 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

I was going to say something similar...

"This building will ruin the neighborhood."
"This building will cause a shadow."
"This building will usher in a transient population."
"This building will hurt my quality of life."
"I didn't move to Center City to have to deal with buildings such as this."

Old 06-20-2018, 06:37 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Today’s Inquirer covered the deal by PPA to sell their portion of the parking lot at 8th and Market to the Goldenberg Group for $24 M. Goldenberg already co-owns the larger adjacent property with PREIT: With $24 million parking lot deal, Goldenberg Group mulls Market East development - Philly.

Lots of speculation.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:12 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Today’s Inquirer covered the deal by PPA to sell their portion of the parking lot at 8th and Market to the Goldenberg Group for $24 M. Goldenberg already co-owns the larger adjacent property with PREIT: With $24 million parking lot deal, Goldenberg Group mulls Market East development - Philly.

Lots of speculation.
After 40 some years of nothing on that combination lot maybe something will happen now.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:03 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
After 40 some years of nothing on that combination lot maybe something will happen now.
It’s basically a real estate transfer now - no development under discussion (that we know if). Goldberg isn’t even closing right now - they have a 3 year window to wrap up the acquisition (though there are regular 6 month non-refundables of $500K in the interim). But the buyer is consolidating property for a reason. If the Fashion District takes off, I’d imagine something happening at 8th and Market sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia