Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 06:56 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Hopefully that won't happen because of how fairly desolate it is around there. And I think Yard's is moving to the old Destination Maternity factory at 5th and SG. The Lagos jewelry factory was at 5th and Callowhill. Not sure if it's still there.
I forget their offices are in Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 11:39 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I forget their offices are in Philadelphia.
Lagos is one of those hidden treasures. They have sales at their factory a couple of times a year. That building has a huge showroom on the top floor. The first time I went my mind was blown. Then I was so underdressed! Lol All these rich people showed up. The next timeI went I made sure to look better!

The showroom has a massive window facing the towers in CC. A fantastic view.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:37 AM

Report: University City tops most expensive neighborhood rents in Philadelphia

Slightly surprised at how high U City rates are. We're 15th in the nation now, surpassing Portland, Oregon.

Although I am nota fan of these maps, due to the lack of coverage in the city, and the skewed shapes, like the odd shape of West Kensington bordering Center City East?

Old 10-31-2016, 01:54 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,587,262 times
Piggy-backing onto the higher rent news, for-sale housing values are definitely on the rise, as well: Report: Philly

Particularly interesting is how Philly is now over-performing price growth nationally:

"Philly’s housing market is still, however, more affordable than other cities. But it is becoming increasingly unaffordable due to lack of inventory, writes Gillen, and its housing market is currently out-performing all other major cities included in what’s called the Case-Shiller 10-city composite index. "

Clearly, whether it's rentals for for-sale units, housing demand in Philly continues to be very high. That's very encouraging, because housing demand tends to correlate positively with local economies/job markets.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:37 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Some good news: Viaduct Rail Park project officially underway

And some not so good news: Billboards pitched for Philly municipal office buildings amid outdoor ad boom

Old 11-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I'm overjoyed. No one gave up. Patience. Diligence. Everyone involved should be congratulated. It will benefit locals, obviously. But it will probably attract tourists and help transform the area. There's been a plan for sometime to recreate Spring Garden St ,nearby, to make it more bike and pedestrian friendly.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I am excited to see how this area will change over the next decade. The High Line transformed an entire neighborhood.

And that billboard proposal is crap. Clarke is primarily responsible for its initiation (shock). He is horrible for the city if we ever want to be seen as anything more than a step child of NYC and DC.

Last edited by cpomp; 11-01-2016 at 11:50 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 11:29 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Quote:
I am excited to see how this area will change over the next decade. The High Line transformed an entire neighborhood.

And that billboard proposal is crap. Clarke is primarily responsible for its initiation (shock). He is horrible for the city if we ever wanted to seen as anything more than a step child of NYC and DC.
Couldn't agree more with both comments.

And regarding the possibility of Philly's new rail park triggering adjacent development (a la the High Line), it's already started: Development team to buy lot near planned Rail Park for studios, offices

Old 11-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:

And that billboard proposal is crap. Clarke is primarily responsible for its initiation (shock). He is horrible for the city if we ever want to be seen as anything more than a step child of NYC and DC.
There's that new, possible, project at 4th and Callowhill that you posted about. Yards beer is supposed to move into the prior
Destination Maternity factory at 5th and SG. I read, too, that some developer may buy the old bicycle factory that's right next to it in addition to other properties near it. There are already businesses(Lift Cafe) and residences right next to it on 13th St.

Clarke is/was an idiot protege of John Street minus some of the intelligence that Street has except for his attraction to pay-to-play politics. Clarke also wanted to stick a bunch of restaurants in Love Park. Glad that nonsense died. He's a perfect example of why you, you millenials...since you should be making some politic move now...need to act to get him out of office. You're the largest generation now. Stop talking about what needs to happen. Get on with it. I'm a Boomer and I'm sick of Boomers!

Old 11-02-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Couldn't agree more with both comments.

And regarding the possibility of Philly's new rail park triggering adjacent development (a la the High Line), it's already started: Development team to buy lot near planned Rail Park for studios, offices
Some of this has been going on for a while along 13th St. The project will likely assure more of it will occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia