Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 11:33 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,008,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
And Xfinity and the NBC aspects actually play on what are now at least Philly companies

People need to make money, this isnt the worst thing
Do you think there is any chance NBC studios moves their headquarters from Manhattan to Philadelphia in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Do you think there is any chance NBC studios moves their headquarters from Manhattan to Philadelphia in the near future?
Very unlikely, ever

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 PM

958 posts, read 1,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
. . . to you.

This has been very interesting thread. If this naming abomination so incenses you, can I suggest you start another thread to discuss it rather than further hijacking this one. Thanks.

Back to the topic: Turn Spring Garden into a green boulevard | Say What? | 12/17/2011
No, not ".... to me". I don't appreciate your tone either. That stuff is unnecessary.

I didn't hijack anything. I made my opinion known (like everybody else does) and then responded to others who couldn't just agree to disagree (like you clearly can't). Look in the mirror before you try to lecture others.

And I don't agree with that article either. I don't see why they can't instead just put bike lanes on the side of the road.

Quote:
Definitely not. I'm fine with that. I would've liked to see Comcast move NBC sports here though instead of moving Versus to Connecticut.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
No, not ".... to me". I don't appreciate your tone either. That stuff is unnecessary.

I didn't hijack anything. I made my opinion known (like everybody else does) and then responded to others who couldn't just agree to disagree (like you clearly can't). Look in the mirror before you try to lecture others.

And I don't agree with that article either. I don't see why they can't instead just put bike lanes on the side of the road.
You've made your opinion known and you're certainly entitled to do so. I am also entitled to comment of the posts of others - it's the way CD works. Hyperventilating over someone who takes issue with your views does't change that reality. So yes, I find your reaction to the naming of a glorified beer hall on a vacant lot a touch over the top. Seems some agree with me. Perhaps others will agree with you. It's the nature of the beast.

As you seem wont to have the last say on this matter, feel free. I'm done with contributing to this sideshow and will await the usually insightful postings folks have been making on other projects with the potential to impact the city's future.

Quote:
In the near or long term, it's hard for me to envision Comcast seeing advantage to moving NBC away from NYC, home of the other major networks. Just too much prestige associated with being in Manhattan, not to mention the ready access to the power and people who run the entertainment industry.

Last edited by Pine to Vine; 12-18-2011 at 09:49 AM..

Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Speculation of another Iron Chef in Philly

Would be a large scale Italian Themed Market in the old Straawbridge building on Market East

Eataly on the way to Philly? | Philadelphia Inquirer | 12/16/2011

Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,221,706 times
Quote:
NO.

I was disappointed that Comcast + Philadelphia couldn't lure NBC Sports HQ and studios to Philly, the stadium complex would have been an ideal location.

Ultimately CT. ended up giving the necessary financial benefits to lure NBC Sports HQ there.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,008,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
NO.

I was disappointed that Comcast + Philadelphia couldn't lure NBC Sports HQ and studios to Philly, the stadium complex would have been an ideal location.

Ultimately CT. ended up giving the necessary financial benefits to lure NBC Sports HQ there.
I guess its similar to how ESPN moved its headquarters from New York City to Connecticut. I don't see what so great about the lure of bringing big sports companies to that state. Are the tax breaks in Connecticut really that much better than other states in the Northeast?

Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 AM

Brandywine Realty?s ?transformative? financing could kick-start projects - Philadelphia Business Journal

Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM

Interesting read

Shopping Center Business (http://www.shoppingcenterbusiness.com/articles/DEC11/story3.shtml - broken link)

Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM

More updated information here:

1900 Arch Street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia