Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 05:40 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Hooray! I haven't been yet but am looking forward to trying it out. We loved Mancino's in the mall and hope it's the same. They had great pizza and we loved their garlic knots. Hope they made the transition to the new place. If we go I'll let you know.
Whoops.....I jumped the gun a bit.....they have the lit up sign out front but looks like they aren't open yet. I had taken a quick glance and thought it looked open the other day. Thinking they will be open soon though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 06:09 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,086 times
I saw they were closed tonight when we went by about 6:00 but so were some other restaurants, probably because it's New Years Eve. We'll keep an eye out for them to open.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 PM

9 posts, read 42,202 times
Default golden grill for sale

When i passed the Golden Grill today, i saw there was a for sale sign in front of it. It also looked like they were closed. They lasted a lot longer than i thought they would. About seven months, maybe.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Saw that sign on New Years too and was wondering if it was just placed up. Shame they didn't last as the idea of having another buffet style place in the area was a good idea. Somebody I talked to last night said they thought there is a pizza place in the old Nany Tutu spot. I'm amazed how many business have come/gone and surprised they keep trying. I hope it works out for them and will have to swing by there to try them out.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 PM

My husband came home last night and said, "Guess what I saw in front of the Golden Grill?" I said, "A for sale sign?" LOL!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM

226 posts, read 761,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Saw that sign on New Years too and was wondering if it was just placed up. Shame they didn't last as the idea of having another buffet style place in the area was a good idea. Somebody I talked to last night said they thought there is a pizza place in the old Nany Tutu spot. I'm amazed how many business have come/gone and surprised they keep trying. I hope it works out for them and will have to swing by there to try them out.
Rocco's Pizzas going in at Nanny Tutus..........Hopefully it's not rock hard pizza

Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM

226 posts, read 761,481 times
Rocco's open tomorrow.Monday 18th..........same owner as Garden Terrace of Elysburg.........call 743-4441

Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMar View Post
Rocco's open tomorrow.Monday 18th..........same owner as Garden Terrace of Elysburg.........call 743-4441
Will check them out in the next couple weeks Your reminder made me do a google search and came across a DI article:

The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Family’s second pizza shop bears son’s name

Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 AM

In today's paper there's an article about the Golden Grill going out of business while people who bought gift cards for Christmas gifts are stuck - no way to use them and no luck so far getting a refund.

Here's the rest of the story:

The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Customers say eatery stiffed them on gift cards

Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 AM

11 posts, read 42,756 times
The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Family’s second pizza shop bears son’s name

Here is a write up on the Daily Item website that has some info on Rocco's Pizza which is occupying what was once Nanny Tutu's at the corner of Park Rd, and Fisher Rd. It lists that they will be offering normal pizza fare along with Mexican, and hoagie pizzas, and stromboli's, salads, and subs. There is a number at the bottom to call for more info. Which I did. Found out that they are now open. I might be trying them tonight. If so, I'll make sure to post a review.

Whoops. Sorry R.J. MacReady. Completely missed your previous post about the pizza shop. I can still contribute if I sample and review though. : )

Last edited by Des_Nosferatu; 01-26-2010 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania