Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:08 PM

393 posts, read 1,531,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcliff View Post
all microwave food...

pre-cooked. ...junk.

and no the economy is not getting better. See my other posts for more. The Daily Item is dropping the ball.

Off shore bankers take over- and in 3 years we will be 3rd world country.

End the fed- polish up the guillotines.
Yep, and it was all planned that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 PM

9 posts, read 42,201 times
Default Golden Buffet

My wife and I went to the Golden Grill last Saturday. I have heard many bad comments about the place, not only on here, but also from people I work with. I went with an open mind, I was a big fan of the Golden Corral, except for the dirtiness. My wife and I both enjoyed the food, the place was clean, it's a shame but they didn't do much to the bathrooms, new paper towel dispensers, that's about it. There was a shortage of spoons,and knives, but it didn't take long for them to bring some out. I thought the food was good, it was hot, they had a fairly good variety. It isn't the Golden Corral, but they have only been open a few weeks. There is room for improvement ,and if given time I think they can make a go of it. Please go and try it at least once, if only to help them stay open so we have a buffet on the strip for when you get tired of the China House Buffet, who in my opinion have gone way down hill in the last few years.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,435 times
I'm on the fence about going to the Golden Grill. I haven't heard many positive things. What are the main things on the buffet? What types of chicken do they serve? Do they have shrimp or other seafood? I'll probably break down and give it a try but nervous about all the negative feedback I've been hearing.

I agree about the comment about the China House Buffet going downhill the last couple years. I hardly go there anymore. If anybody is down by State College and wants to check out a fantastic buffet go to the College Buffet. The food is so good there. I would go there once or twice a week when I lived by State College. I wish it wouldn't be so far away as I miss going there.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:10 AM

114 posts, read 713,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoInPA View Post
I have to drive up that way for work about every month. It is depressing that so much retail space was developed for such a small metro area. I noticed Value City is gone. If it is not yet I predict the Kmart will be gone. At the end of the day you will have a Walmart and a Target.

The empty spaces will become start-up churches, thrift stores, dollar stores, or call centers. The former Giant will probably end up a call center for a collections agency.

AND who could forget the sign about the mall expanding- it was up for 5 years!~~!

Giant..moving- isnt convenient, I might have popped in- but the extra distance now...

I like Aldis and the Surplus outlet in Norry route 11. Oh and dreases farm stand .

LMAO - the old Giant a collection agency. It really does look pathetic....

...the red light creep driving from Sunbury to Milton- on 15. Man- every month a new one. It added time to that drive. The slow down is good in less traffic perhaps.

Why does WEIS sell such fake food? HFCS in all the bread, and very little in terms of healthy actual food. A simple loaf of bread- one has to be a chemist to pick out a good one.

But then the cancer ....feeds the Geisinger, and CVS, so ... maybe the point is mute.

ALL the fake science we have been letting into our life is not good... 12-31-09, nearly all vitamens will be RXs. CODEX, the WTO has that all ready to kick in.

Also the water bill- about to be voted on, a puddle on your property will be owned by the Fed, so will the rain water- if you collect it- you are then a criminal. Also- farm bill-- you will need a min $500 to grow a garden in your yard- as Fed regs. ...and with the national debt- such creditors- may be able to take your house or business. Expanded fed reserve powers will render ANY business for ANY reason, can be taken by the fed.

When they go to the new currency- the loss you will loose could be as high as 90%. 10$ turn in for the new blue dollar.

G-20 meets in Pitts , Sept 24, there will be a lot of ..angry protesters.

I cant tell you how grave the situation is. Is is 100x worse then anything you hear on main media.

But- only when the masses notice the theft- , by then it is too late.

I can document all this. Drop me a message if you want to know details..

The miltitary wants the cannons returned from the civil war.

ANd there is more..... you have been sold to a master.... like a horse/dog. and what is coming is...

...if you knew, you would be gearing up and building a network.

The cap and trade- gas will increase .75 to $1 a gallon... it is the biggest tax increase in the history of the country.

The daily Item ... I doubt .... argh... lets not get me started....but there ARE coming for your guns. and VERY soon.

Roger

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM

393 posts, read 1,531,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcliff View Post
AND who could forget the sign about the mall expanding- it was up for 5 years!~~!

Giant..moving- isnt convenient, I might have popped in- but the extra distance now...

I like Aldis and the Surplus outlet in Norry route 11. Oh and dreases farm stand .

LMAO - the old Giant a collection agency. It really does look pathetic....

...the red light creep driving from Sunbury to Milton- on 15. Man- every month a new one. It added time to that drive. The slow down is good in less traffic perhaps.

Why does WEIS sell such fake food? HFCS in all the bread, and very little in terms of healthy actual food. A simple loaf of bread- one has to be a chemist to pick out a good one.

But then the cancer ....feeds the Geisinger, and CVS, so ... maybe the point is mute.

ALL the fake science we have been letting into our life is not good... 12-31-09, nearly all vitamens will be RXs. CODEX, the WTO has that all ready to kick in.

Also the water bill- about to be voted on, a puddle on your property will be owned by the Fed, so will the rain water- if you collect it- you are then a criminal. Also- farm bill-- you will need a min $500 to grow a garden in your yard- as Fed regs. ...and with the national debt- such creditors- may be able to take your house or business. Expanded fed reserve powers will render ANY business for ANY reason, can be taken by the fed.

When they go to the new currency- the loss you will loose could be as high as 90%. 10$ turn in for the new blue dollar.

G-20 meets in Pitts , Sept 24, there will be a lot of ..angry protesters.

I cant tell you how grave the situation is. Is is 100x worse then anything you hear on main media.

But- only when the masses notice the theft- , by then it is too late.

I can document all this. Drop me a message if you want to know details..

The miltitary wants the cannons returned from the civil war.

ANd there is more..... you have been sold to a master.... like a horse/dog. and what is coming is...

...if you knew, you would be gearing up and building a network.

The cap and trade- gas will increase .75 to $1 a gallon... it is the biggest tax increase in the history of the country.

The daily Item ... I doubt .... argh... lets not get me started....but there ARE coming for your guns. and VERY soon.

Roger
100% correct...but the only important thing is who won American Idol.

I did read that many companies are replacing HFCS with sugar. It's a start.

Your point about the media is right on. The same people who own and control the media are ones behind the coming fascist state. David Rockefeller even bragged about it in his autobiography.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 PM

114 posts, read 713,869 times
I dont think people grasp just how grave the takeover has been.

And when people DO grasp it- ..it will be too late. (if it isn't already)

We have been taken over by offshore banksters. The fed - wants a law that they can take any business for any reason. By now- people with even a few hundred million should realize that the NWO does not include them.

In 3 years- we will be 1940s style depression. The current 1 year will be sorta ok- but from there- ....things decline.

The problems of the cities will spill over. Snyder county IS a host county should a "disaster" happen in a nearby metro. So 300,000 migrants will flee the cities when they burn them down- roaming the streets of Sunbury, Lewisburg and Selinsgrove. ... and they are unlikely to go home.

Anyhow- people are mass hypnotised. 14 trillion $ in YOUR money is stolen. It will be required to be repaid.

$14,000,000,000,000,000. If it were me- I would make Wall street count the entire amount- and in 1$ bills- and
coins. Then I want it recounted.

PA does not do land in allodial title-- this means that you don't actually own your house- but due to some legality -- it is your but isn't. (only Texas has the correct title- Texas is a state by treaty which renews each year) So when the offshore bankers demand payment- everything you think you own- is be a quirk of the law- id Theirs to own and control.

Ask Argentina, ask Wiemar. War debt- historically must be repaid in gold- not fake paper. SO we are so screwed.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM

226 posts, read 761,429 times
We finally went to the Golden Grill tonight. They probably had 7 or 8 different meats(the ham loaf was excellent), real good fried rice, so so mac and cheese, and very tasty desserts.

I checked out the bathrooms and they looked fine.

It was a little messy around the food containers but I talked to the manager's wife and told her we had a good meal.

It was $9.95 for the buffet, I got a ice tea so our bill was around $23.00

Anyone who had a bad experience, don't be afraid to try it again.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:46 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,086 times
It's good to hear that. I really hope they do well. Some friends of ours were going to go the other night. They met two other couples there and as they were walking in someone was coming out and said "don't bother". They said the food was cold and the service was terrible. Unfortunately, our friends took them at their word and didn't go in. Personally, for the price we'll drive to New Columbia to Bonanza, but I really do wish this new restaurant well. The strip needs some good, new places for people to go.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,086 times
I have to put in a good word for Bob Evans. My kids belong to their birthday club. My youngest turned 8 on June 29, while we were on vacation. Last night we used his free kid's meal card from Bob Evans. We picked up a cake at Weis' and took it along with us to the restaurant. The manager greeted and seated us, put the cake in their cooler, and when it was dessert time we told the waitress that the cake was there. The manager put the restaurant's own candles on it, lit them, carried the cake to the table, and had the whole wait staff come sing happy birthday to my son (by name, since it was on the cake). He was so thrilled. They also supplied plates for the cake. I was very impressed with their service and food last night. The only drawback was that my mom and her boyfriend ordered the chicken pot pie and they were out of it. It does say right on the menu that they run out sometimes, and we knew that from previous trips. Still, it's disappointing to have to choose something else. We had a great meal and my kids had a good time.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM

226 posts, read 761,429 times
Old Brewer's Cafe will be open soon. Will be Pizzeria run by "Teresa" of Villa Teresa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania