Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:49 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,477,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
The main focus (at least what we're told every jumpstart) is FUN, FUN, FUN, attentive service and wings.

What is the most salient think you'll notice that's different at a Hooters as opposed to any other restaurant?

Your waitress will sit down with you and take your order. She'll play games and try to involve you and your kids in them. Other girls who are not your waitress will stop by, talk and visit with you and write their name on a napkin. They'll try to involve you in games. E3 service.

She won't be shaking her chest in your face and talking to you about boobs.
I don't want a waitress to sit with me and take my order.
I don't want a waitress to sit and "play games" with me.
I don't want a waitress to "stop by and talk or visit"
I want a waitress to take my order and move on.

What is the most salient difference in Hooters and other restaurants? The reason it's called "Hooters" is because every waitress has large "hooters" and their "uniforms" are tight tank tops and short shorts. It's meant to be just short of a strip club ---- waitresses w/huge boobs wearing tanks and short shorts. In addition, you have these same women playing hula hoop with young children? Very creepy if you ask me.

I can assure you, they're making their money off horny men who can't afford a strip club so they go to the next best thing. I knew two women who tried to get jobs there. One was told she couldn't get the job because she wasn't "big enough". The other was told that she had a "great rack" but she was too short.

Hooters is NOT a place for a 10 year old's b'day party. It's obvious daddy is looking for a cheap thrill under the guise of giving a party for his son.

Very sad.

Last edited by omigawd; 05-22-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 01:29 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post

What is the most salient difference in Hooters and other restaurants? The reason it's called "Hooters" is because every waitress has large "hooters" and their "uniforms" are tight tank tops and short shorts. It's meant to be just short of a strip club ---- waitresses w/huge boobs wearing tanks and short shorts. In addition, you have these same women playing hula hoop with young children? Very creepy if you ask me.

I can assure you, they're making their money off horny men who can't afford a strip club so they go to the next best thing. I knew two women who tried to get jobs there. One was told she couldn't get the job because she wasn't "big enough". The other was told that she had a "great rack" but she was too short.

Hooters is NOT a place for a 10 year old's b'day party. It's obvious daddy is looking for a cheap thrill under the guise of giving a party for his son.

Very sad.
Excellent post, and it made me laugh I hate those young tarty waitresses who bend down next to you while taking the order thinking they will score more of a tip, have even had a young stud muffin do it. Be professional and stand straight y'all! I don't mind a *bit* (very small) of convo, but your good service and professionalism and realizing we are there to enjoy good food and attentive but unintrusive service and our own parties company, not make a new err friend, will go a long way in ensuring you a decent tip Some of "em act like they'd like to come home with us if the tip would be big enough This scenario hasn't happened in a while for us (knock on wood)!!!

If adults enjoy Hooters that is their prerogative. I know I've seen some people on this forum mention going there and how they apparantly enjoy it...so more power to them, I guess. I personally don't understand straight woman wanting to attend or taking ones children there, but that's me and my opinion.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,309,266 times
Quote:
Then Hooters isn't for you. The atmosphere is supposed to be about fun and levity. I guess you're the kind of person who probably sees your waitress as a servant or an automaton...thank god I don't work for any restaurant you frequent.

Quote:
It's meant to be just short of a strip club ---- waitresses w/huge boobs wearing tanks and short shorts.
Sounds like someone who has never been.

Quote:
In addition, you have these same women playing hula hoop with young children? Very creepy if you ask me.
You find it creepy seeing women in tank tops and shorts playing hula hoop with kids? It's obvious you're the one with this issues.

Quote:

Kids will likely have more fun than he will. I've served several kids' bday parties where the parents left the restaurant until payment time (and I have never seen this at any other restaurant I've served in) or watched from another table because the kids wanted to enjoy the atmosphere without the parent around.

Often you will see kids engaged in games or hula hooping while parents look at their watches and beg them to consider leaving!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I personally don't understand straight woman wanting to attend or taking ones children there, but that's me and my opinion.
Because Hooters isn't any more 'scandalous' or 'sexual' than a Rockettes show.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 AM

And to the woman obviously suffering from senility who wrote this on my rep:

"Sounds like you overly identify with your breast size since you are unaware that there ARE men who prefer small breasts."

When did I mention my own breast size or talk about male preference in regards to breast size? For all you know, I have no breasts. Women like you make me trip over myself laughing when you project your insecurities onto me.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
Quote:
I'll second this! I'll never forget when a waitress SAT DOWN at our table to socialize with us. It wasn't hooters. It wasn't a sports bar. It was an upscale restaurant without any gimmicks. We were on a date and this girl decides to become part of our date! We were friendly at first---thinking she would leave, but she never left. My boyfriend was so angry that he eventually asked her to leave. He called the manager the next day to complain. He had planned to have a romantic dinner and surprise me with a marriage proposal! I had no idea that his plans were ruined by this girl until after he proposed a month later and told me he had planned to propose that night but the waitress ruined it.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:30 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,920,822 times
Quote:
The main focus (at least what we're told every jumpstart) is FUN, FUN, FUN, attentive service and wings.

What is the most salient think you'll notice that's different at a Hooters as opposed to any other restaurant?

Your waitress will sit down with you and take your order. She'll play games and try to involve you and your kids in them. Other girls who are not your waitress will stop by, talk and visit with you and write their name on a napkin. They'll try to involve you in games. E3 service.

She won't be shaking her chest in your face and talking to you about boobs.
Enough. We get it. You love Hooters. You think it is a great place for kids. But just stop now.

Most of us are old enough to know of Hooters when they first became a widespread chain. Old enough to remember all the lawsuits and newspaper articles regarding the treatment of women. That is enough for me.

Maybe they do play games with the kids. So? Many, many, many other places do as well.

Maybe the social norms of dressing have come down to Hooter's standards. So? A NFL cheerleader, someone sunning on the beach, a teenager walking down the street ARE NOT waiting on you. They are not serving you. If Hooters does not objectify women why can't waitresses where longer shorts, or pants, or skirts? Looser-fitting shirts? Why are the owl's eyes stragetically placed over the nipple area? Why aren't there men servers?

There are an overwhelming amount of choices for parties out there. They could even order take-out from Hooters and have the party somewhere else. I will not allow my sons to think that it is okay to subject women to certain sizes, wearing sugestive clothing while serving us. If you think it is okay, then fine. But don't try to tell me that raising my boys to respect women is backwards. Don't even try.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Really? So you have no problem with the objectifying of women who serve your ten year old son?

I just think Hooters is kinda creepy and weird.

My best friend sent her holiday car this year complete with a photo of her son (who is 9) smiling while standing between two Hooters waitresses in South Korea!?!
The creepiest part of it, was certainly not the girls, but her son's creepy smile and look on his face.
That just kinda grossed me out.

I don't want to see that look on my son's face anytime soon, but then again he's only 7.
No - not as far as Hooters. For one, it's the women who objectify themselves. Kids will see more skin, more cleavage at a typical public high school or mall here the girls strut their stuff more than Hooters waitresses bringing you a plate of food do.

Have you been inside a Hooters restaurant? When I went, it was nothing. Girls in shorts and tight t-shirts was it, they were friendly and cute - but not especially flirty. The only thing I saw was that the waitresses were less grumpy looking and acting than in many places. Probably if a man did make some comment, they aren't supposed to give attitude but handle it differently.

Or do you also refuse to let your sons watch football or basketball games because of the cheerleaers?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,626 times
Quote:
Because Hooters isn't any more 'scandalous' or 'sexual' than a Rockettes show.
I have no choice but to sit back and laugh at you I will do it with kindness! The ladies in a Rockette show or cheerleaders for a football team are a different animal than needing service in a restarant. If you don't see the creep factor in being required to gyrate with hoola hoops and babysit young-uns to earn your supper while leering adults look on, then we will have to agree to disagree

I certainly don't consider waitstaff to be servants, but the word server puts the role of the job in perspective.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Really? So you have no problem with the objectifying of women who serve your ten year old son?
When I took my son he wasn't 10 but 16, but the younger ones came along. I told them it was so he wouldn't turn out gay -- isn't that Conservative enough?

I didn't see much to offend - in fact the men there alone were just sitting there -- BORING - most were watching television, not looking at the girls at all.

The very worst thing besides seeing girls in shorts and t-shirts - which they see all the time anyhow was the waitress explained that they have a birthday skit but only with parents' permission - I asked them what rating their skit was, they said PG so I said go ahead. All it was -- they made a 16 year old kid stand on a chair and put two balloons under a shirt they gave him, sang happy birthday -- made him the center of attention and objectified him while everyone laughed and clapped. They signed the shirt and he got to keep it. Nothing more sexual than that.

A lot of the girls had average or small busts -- it really wasn't anything and I'm as much a prude as anyone.

No lap dances, no touching. People who let their kids watch Miley Cyrus gyrate for their kids are allowing far worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting