Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,616,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I've been working for H since 2007 and H is a family restauarant. Besides the fact we wear tank tops and shorts (which are ordinary streetwear by the way), there is no 'overt sexuality' at a Hooters at all.

In our handbook, they tell us how to relate to kids, point out the coloring material menu we have, and draw a smiley face in ketchup on the plate for them.

You will see people of all backgrounds, ages, and walks of life at H. Just last week I took care of a table of 60 something year old women out for lunch on a Saturday afternoon.

Most people come for the wings, the relatively inexpensive food and the friendly service.
A "family" restaurant??...pls don't insult my intelligence It's no wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket a little more every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,870,993 times
Well, despite what our sensibilities may tell us, the several times I've been to a Hooter's there were quite a few families there.

For someone who lists there location as "in the masters chamber" and "mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice" I would think you'd be a little more liberal on this. Unless of course you are using those lines to decry the hedonistic slide of American culture...but I digress.

We can all question the morality of Hooter's, but at the end of the day it's just a restaraunt/sports bar where the waitresses wear shorts and tank tops. I don't think they're anymore exploited or oppressed than the average waitress.

I wouldn't have a problem taking my son there for dinner, but to each their own.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM

903 posts, read 3,594,104 times
Quote:
I've been working for H since 2007 (at three different locations) and H is a family restauarant. Besides the fact we wear tank tops and shorts (which are ordinary streetwear by the way), there is no 'overt sexuality' at a Hooters at all.

In our handbook, they tell us how to relate to kids, point out the coloring material menu we have, and draw a smiley face in ketchup on the plate for them.

You will see people of all backgrounds, ages, and walks of life at H. Just last week I took care of a table of 60 something year old women out for lunch on a Saturday afternoon.

Most people come for the wings, the relatively inexpensive food and the friendly service.

its not "streetware" for most people i know-
i have no problem with Hooters the establishment-its your choice to work or dine there-its my choice not too-
please dont tell us b/c you make smiley faces in ketchup it is a family restaurant-

for those who think its ok-what if it were roles reversed with wanting to take a 9 yr old girl to a restaurant where all the help were men in bikinis-we see that on the beach too-would that be ok? just curious-

either way-my son isnt going-when he gets older he will make those kinds of decisions on his own-now that he is still a child-i will make those decisions for him-

it has been interesting to read everyones replies-thanks-

Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,616,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Well, despite what our sensibilities may tell us, the several times I've been to a Hooter's there were quite a few families there.

For someone who lists there location as "in the masters chamber" and "mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice" I would think you'd be a little more liberal on this. Unless of course you are using those lines to decry the hedonistic slide of American culture...but I digress.

We can all question the morality of Hooter's, but at the end of the day it's just a restaraunt/sports bar where the waitresses wear shorts and tank tops. I don't think they're anymore exploited or oppressed than the average waitress.

I wouldn't have a problem taking my son there for dinner, but to each their own.
I hardly think my status, user title and location, quoting lines from the song "Hotel California" has a bit to do with this thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,972,117 times
Quote:
I've been working for H since 2007 (at three different locations) and H is a family restauarant. Besides the fact we wear tank tops and shorts (which are ordinary streetwear by the way), there is no 'overt sexuality' at a Hooters at all.

Yeah, most people go there for the wings. And most guys read playboy for the articles. Right.

Most people do not consider the hooters' uniform to be 'ordinary streetwear'.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,509,031 times
When declining the invitation, I would have told the parents why I'm declining. Knowing me, I probably would have asked them what makes them think a party at Hooters is appropriate for a 10 year old. Are other parents declining??

I can guarantee you, this isn't the party the 10 year old wanted. Boys that age would have loved paintball or bumper cars or batting cages. This is clearly the father's birthday wish!

Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,323,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
A "family" restaurant??...pls don't insult my intelligence It's no wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket a little more every day
Guaranteed you've never stepped foot inside of a Hooters. Most Hooters serve beer and wine only, make the bulk off their sales on food (unlike most similar establishments), and we have menus and items specifically for children. It's one of the most family friendly establishments I've ever worked at.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post

Most people do not consider the hooters' uniform to be 'ordinary streetwear'.
Since when are tank tops and shorts not ordinary streetwear? Because they say the restaurant's name on it?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
On a slight side note--Has anyone read the 'about hooters' page on their website? They actually argue that the presence of an owl in their logo means they aren't talking about female anatomy. Its a pretty odd read--I've never seen an 'about' page that has such a defensive tone. Even Haliburton and Phillip Morris don't take an adversarial and defensive stance in their about page.
It's a tongue-in-cheek mission statement. If you read the menus, even the food descriptions are jokes.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Its not like there are games there for the kids to play.
Untrue. We have tricycles, scooters and hula hoops, and we are encouraged to play right along with the kids.

So it's obvious that the bulk of negative commentary comes from people who literally know nothing about H.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting