Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM

103 posts, read 251,099 times

Advertisements

I do not know if they print their names in the newspaper or not. I have been informed that she is going to invite us IF she graduates. She is failing at this time, but after speaking with her teachers she has let them know that she is not at home and that she plans on graduating. Here is crossing my fingers. Gosh I do not want her to make the same mistake I did at her age. She will regret it in the end. I have been trying to beat this into her brain forever. Fat lotta good that has done. Sigh...

Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,492,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0628 View Post
Thank you everyone for your advice and concern. I just want to make sure I am clear about something. I did not tell my daughter to get out of my house. I gave her an option. Either fly straight or leave. We do not put up with disrespect or lying to our face in our house. We are not the type of parents that ignore bad behavior. She made a CHOICE to leave and we believe that it was already premeditated. The option had been given to our daughter before and she did not want to leave and work things out b/c she had no were to go. This time around she clearly had already spoken to the guys mom and him and she now had a place to go. She seems to be happy with the way she has treated me and has no regrets. Lets just say my mothers day weekend was rough. No phone calls, text or anything. I guess I am not surprised though.
I don't think anyone has indicated that you should put up with lying etc. What has been suggested is that you make sure to leave an opening for her to feel she can reconnect at some point if/when she pulls herself together. That's important. That she knows you are not writing her off.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:49 PM

I have. I told her counselor at school to have her call me. I told her I would not yell or get mad at her and I would only talk about school and graduation stuff. I want to stress to her that if this is her decision then fine, but to make sure she graduates and that to stay in touch with us. Especially, call to talk to her baby sister who adores her. I pray that she will at least do that.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Glad to hear that. I truly hope it all works out for you.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 PM

Thank you me too.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,488,976 times
Quote:
Especially, call to talk to her baby sister who adores her. I pray that she will at least do that.
I had to laugh when I read this because just recently my "former" rebellious daughter who put her dad and I through he**, warned our 11 year old daughter that she would be in big trouble if she ever treats her dad and I the way she did in high school. I hope that one day your teen will have the same conversation with your 3 yr old...

Your teen is very fortunate to have such a loving mom as you and I promise you that she will understand this in time. Maybe not tomorrow but in the future. As parent's we share our life experience's with our kids to try to prevent them from making the same mistakes that we did. With some children that works well and unfortunately, other kids have to learn life's lessons the hard way. Stay confident in who you are as a parent. You did and are doing the best that you can.

As you can see from the support you are getting there are many of us out there that have gone similar situations.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Well everyone I have more news. It turns out her teacher spoke with her and she told her that she has made a lot of mistakes and that she does not blame us. She said she is getting her life together and that she would call me. She keeps saying what everyone wants to hear, but her actions do not change. I have yet to receive a call and I don't see how staying high all the time is getting your life together. Sigh... It is just very frustrating because anything that comes out of her mouth is a lie and manipulation. I do not ever know how I am going to trust her again.

Last edited by sc0628; 05-16-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Well everyone I have more news. It turns out her teacher spoke with her and she told her that she has made a lot of mistakes and that she does not blame us. She said she is getting her life together and that she would call me. She keeps saying what everyone wants to hear, but her actions do not change. I have yet to receive a call and I don't see how staying high all the time is getting your life together. Sigh... It is just very frustrating because anything that comes out of her mouth is a lie and manipulation. I do not ever know how I am going to trust her again.
How do you know it's a lie or manipulation? She might very well be sorry for her actions. She might very well be working on herself and just not ready to make the call.

This is not going to happen overnight. It could take months or even years. Either way, it's going to happen in her timeframe, not yours.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:02 PM

I know that it is a lie, because every time she is asked to call home or she doesn't. She has been lying to everyone and telling them what they want to hear and then doing what she wants. She is sleeping and living with a guy who is selling drugs and I hardly think that is getting your life together. She is still skipping school b/c I get alerts. Her friends are saying that she is showing up high to school and there is proof of it on her phone text messages. This is not something that you do when you get your life together. I found out she had planned on leaving long before the argument. She was just looking for a reason. This guy has been trying to get her to leave for a while. He has is offering up all sorts of opportunities for her to do things sexually like three ways and she is going through with it. Do you think that is getting your life together? I certainly don't. This dude is bad news and needs to be locked away. My daughter needs to get off pot and get head straight and possibly rehab if she can't pull it together on her own. This whole family needs counseling and to get our butts into church together. She needs Jesus.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 PM

You might take this time to revisit the parable of the Prodigal Son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.