Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah I just don't agree with the overall premise behind your statements.

I could give other examples of parents doing thing their kids are too young to really get but I won't bore you. Suffice to say, I just don't agree with the model of childhood many of you are talking about.
The model where you don't make your kids cry for your own entertainment?

Ok.

Guess the next dog fights will be at your place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 11:26 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But you didn't say they put a real mouse in the bathtub.

Would you still find it funny if your children started putting real mice, or even rats, in your bed while you slept?
Well, big difference, between you and a 3 year old...

Old 11-09-2017, 04:22 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The model where you don't make your kids cry for your own entertainment?

Ok.

Guess the next dog fights will be at your place.
Internet forums are the Olympics of hyperbole.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This isn't hyperbole, teasing kids like that is abuse, and also teaches the kid that it's ok to bully, to actually hurt others for your own amusement. Pathetic and so totally wrong....anyone who filmed their children crying b/c they ate their kids candy, should have child services visit they're homes....

and to actually sit there and laugh at something like this, in inhuman. You don't tease kids and hurt them for your own amusement. And then to film them.

Kimmel and his followers are sick, and yet, these same people come down on people for spanking?

Geeze Louise, this country is going to hell....

Old 11-09-2017, 06:11 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This isn't hyperbole, teasing kids like that is abuse, and also teaches the kid that it's ok to bully, to actually hurt others for your own amusement. Pathetic and so totally wrong....anyone who filmed their children crying b/c they ate their kids candy, should have child services visit they're homes....

and to actually sit there and laugh at something like this, in inhuman. You don't tease kids and hurt them for your own amusement. And then to film them.

Kimmel and his followers are sick, and yet, these same people come down on people for spanking?

Geeze Louise, this country is going to hell....

Old 11-09-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Take Note: OK, while I most of the time, ignore your comments to me and to me only, even though you don't quote me, but follow me around on this forum just to be argumentative, this subject that we are discussing isn't hyperbole...it is in fact, child abuse, to tease a child, any child, so that you bring them to tears. These people actually enjoyed seeing their children suffer and hurt, over the fact that all the candy they collected is gone. Anyone who finds this normal or funny, should not be a parent. Hyperbole, to hurt a child, to make them cry...to purposely bully them? I think not!!! Who are the adults here? So, the child goes to school and thinks it's ok to do that to other kids....b/c his/her parents did it to him/her? Sheesh, and you can't see this?

And a very good example of why kids bully other kids in school. I see videos on FB that do the very same thing, and believe me, they aren't funny, those adults should be visited by child welfare.

Jimmy Kimmel is ignorant for doing this....for hosting such a cruel joke. And he's a father? Good God.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:31 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Anyone who sets up a joke that can make a kid cry needs his head examined. I never thought Jimmy was funny. This just proves it.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Anyone who sets up a joke that can make a kid cry needs his head examined. I never thought Jimmy was funny. This just proves it.
yeah, he really disgusts me, it's bad enough, these late night TV hosts, use their power and shows to play politics for their owners, however, this is beyond normal....to actually sit there and laugh at a kid, to hurt the kid on purpose so the child cries....? You might as well slap them on the behind for no reason? Here you want to laugh at a kid crying, here, (wack) now laugh....

Sick people.

and these same sick people swear, it's child abuse to spank your kid on the butt... Good Lord????
They are twisted...and no play on words intended.

Jimmy Kimmel has no room what-so-ever criticizing anyone, and needs to take a real good long look in the mirror, encouraging parents to hurt their kids till they cry. sheesh, what a loser of a father.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-09-2017 at 06:47 AM..

Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
I think it's funny except for the kids that flip off their parents or cuss. I cant believe people are so upset by it- Good luck to their snowflakes in school.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I think it's funny except for the kids that flip off their parents or cuss. I cant believe people are so upset by it- Good luck to their snowflakes in school.
I'm not a snowflake, I'm probably one of the toughest broads you know...
I'm a conservative independent, however, I draw a line when it comes to teasing kids to the point of tears.

https://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/...-teasing-kids/

Now and older kid, that's fine, but those little young kids, that they're parents made them cry, that was pathetic and wrong....

I don't see how any of this is amusing in the least.....

Good Luck to the parent whose kid thinks it's ok to hurt others with words and goes to school and tells a kid he is ugly....b/c that is what these parents are doing, they are telling the kids it's ok to do so, to hurt others....it is unacceptable behavior.

And this is one of the reasons why so many kids today are bullied.

I'm surely not the smartest sharpest pin on the block, but I can't believe anyone would condone doing this to a little toddler....so mean....

snowflake, Hah, there ya go, resorting to calling someone a name rather than discussing it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting