Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I think it's funny except for the kids that flip off their parents or cuss. I cant believe people are so upset by it- Good luck to their snowflakes in school.
Isn't it ironic that Jimmy Kimmel cried over a Lion he never met, but making a kid cry is somehow funny. Maybe Jimmy is the "OS" Original Snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 02:33 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm not a snowflake, I'm probably one of the toughest broads you know...
I'm a conservative independent, however, I draw a line when it comes to teasing kids to the point of tears.

https://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/...-teasing-kids/

Now and older kid, that's fine, but those little young kids, that they're parents made them cry, that was pathetic and wrong....

I don't see how any of this is amusing in the least.....

Good Luck to the parent whose kid thinks it's ok to hurt others with words and goes to school and tells a kid he is ugly....b/c that is what these parents are doing, they are telling the kids it's ok to do so, to hurt others....it is unacceptable behavior.

And this is one of the reasons why so many kids today are bullied.

I'm surely not the smartest sharpest pin on the block, but I can't believe anyone would condone doing this to a little toddler....so mean....

snowflake, Hah, there ya go, resorting to calling someone a name rather than discussing it....
People young and old play pranks and joke around, it's part of life. All those parents told their kids it was just a joke, they probably laughed and forgot about it. Pretending you ate your kids candy and calling someone ugly, stupid etc. are totally different things and not a good comparison. You are thinking way too hard about it. Thank goodness I have a balanced child that can tell the difference between a harmless prank and being bullied.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Isn't it ironic that Jimmy Kimmel cried over a Lion he never met, but making a kid cry is somehow funny. Maybe Jimmy is the "OS" Original Snowflake.
Yeah tell me about it!

Old 11-09-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
People young and old play pranks and joke around, it's part of life. All those parents told their kids it was just a joke, they probably laughed and forgot about it. Pretending you ate your kids candy and calling someone ugly, stupid etc. are totally different things and not a good comparison. You are thinking way too hard about it. Thank goodness I have a balanced child that can tell the difference between a harmless prank and being bullied.
There is no difference making a kid 3 to 5 years old or 6 or 7 years old cry no matter what you tell them if they cry it's wrong. And yes

People do play pranks on each other but they're old enough to understand that that's exactly what it is a prank Geez Louise

Old 11-09-2017, 08:35 PM

500 posts, read 748,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I really hate the other one I have seen, the bad present thing. When you give a kid a present, part of the excitement is they feel special. Its a special feeling that most adults don't really get any more (not to that extent). The kids aren't being bratty by being sad or disappointed. They are just showing they feel less special or embarrassed, disappointed, etc.

If someone wrapped up a moldy banana and gave it to me as a surprise gift, I would be pretty annoyed they did that. Its a jerk move. Why be a jerk to your kid?
Agree. The present 'pranks' are even worse than the candy. Some are really heartbreaking. People think it is all about the material object (candy or gifts) and kids being bratty or greedy but it's not. It is about making them feel special. Making a child feel worthless is about as low as one can go.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:39 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
I better not play "I've Got Your Nose!" anymore with my little nephew, it may lead to the end of the world! Jeez louise.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I really hate the other one I have seen, the bad present thing. When you give a kid a present, part of the excitement is they feel special. Its a special feeling that most adults don't really get any more (not to that extent). The kids aren't being bratty by being sad or disappointed. They are just showing they feel less special or embarrassed, disappointed, etc.

If someone wrapped up a moldy banana and gave it to me as a surprise gift, I would be pretty annoyed they did that. Its a jerk move. Why be a jerk to your kid?
Great post !

I found it quite insensitive when I saw the clip how Jimmy Kimmel kept telling his daughter that he ate all the candy ?! (I thought stop making her sad you idiot !) well he thought he was being funny ?! He wasn't.

Perhaps he needs to stop for a moment and see things from his young daughter's thinking. He needs to learn how to "tune" in to her.

I hope JK will realize he doesn't have to always try and be funny, nothing is ever funny when it's at the expense of someone else's feelings, especially his young daughter.

^^^It did seem like it made her feel less special, embarrased, disappointed, etc.

Really young kids are not always able to clearly express what they are feeling when they are uncomfortable like it seemed in the JK clip.

In general a prank is really only funny when both people find it funny.

Last edited by 70's Music Girl; 11-09-2017 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I better not play "I've Got Your Nose!" anymore with my little nephew, it may lead to the end of the world! Jeez louise.
LMAO Or the disappearing finger trick! My oh my...years of therapy for that one I'm sure!

Old 11-10-2017, 06:30 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
Great post !

I found it quite insensitive when I saw the clip how Jimmy Kimmel kept telling his daughter that he ate all the candy ?! (I thought stop making her sad you idiot !) well he thought he was being funny ?! He wasn't.

Perhaps he needs to stop for a moment and see things from his young daughter's thinking. He needs to learn how to "tune" in to her.

I hope JK will realize he doesn't have to always try and be funny, nothing is ever funny when it's at the expense of someone else's feelings, especially his young daughter.

^^^It did seem like it made her feel less special, embarrased, disappointed, etc.

Really young kids are not always able to clearly express what they are feeling when they are uncomfortable like it seemed in the JK clip.

In general a prank is really only funny when both people find it funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVKim8 View Post
Agree. The present 'pranks' are even worse than the candy. Some are really heartbreaking. People think it is all about the material object (candy or gifts) and kids being bratty or greedy but it's not. It is about making them feel special. Making a child feel worthless is about as low as one can go.
Quote:
There is no difference making a kid 3 to 5 years old or 6 or 7 years old cry no matter what you tell them if they cry it's wrong. And yes

People do play pranks on each other but they're old enough to understand that that's exactly what it is a prank Geez Louise
Quote:
This isn't hyperbole, teasing kids like that is abuse, and also teaches the kid that it's ok to bully, to actually hurt others for your own amusement. Pathetic and so totally wrong....anyone who filmed their children crying b/c they ate their kids candy, should have child services visit they're homes....

and to actually sit there and laugh at something like this, in inhuman. You don't tease kids and hurt them for your own amusement. And then to film them.

Kimmel and his followers are sick, and yet, these same people come down on people for spanking?

Geeze Louise, this country is going to hell....
Quote:
Take Note: OK, while I most of the time, ignore your comments to me and to me only, even though you don't quote me, but follow me around on this forum just to be argumentative, this subject that we are discussing isn't hyperbole...it is in fact, child abuse, to tease a child, any child, so that you bring them to tears. These people actually enjoyed seeing their children suffer and hurt, over the fact that all the candy they collected is gone. Anyone who finds this normal or funny, should not be a parent. Hyperbole, to hurt a child, to make them cry...to purposely bully them? I think not!!! Who are the adults here? So, the child goes to school and thinks it's ok to do that to other kids....b/c his/her parents did it to him/her? Sheesh, and you can't see this?

And a very good example of why kids bully other kids in school. I see videos on FB that do the very same thing, and believe me, they aren't funny, those adults should be visited by child welfare.

Jimmy Kimmel is ignorant for doing this....for hosting such a cruel joke. And he's a father? Good God.
Quote:
yeah, he really disgusts me, it's bad enough, these late night TV hosts, use their power and shows to play politics for their owners, however, this is beyond normal....to actually sit there and laugh at a kid, to hurt the kid on purpose so the child cries....? You might as well slap them on the behind for no reason? Here you want to laugh at a kid crying, here, (wack) now laugh....

Sick people.

and these same sick people swear, it's child abuse to spank your kid on the butt... Good Lord????
They are twisted...and no play on words intended.

Jimmy Kimmel has no room what-so-ever criticizing anyone, and needs to take a real good long look in the mirror, encouraging parents to hurt their kids till they cry. sheesh, what a loser of a father.
Quote:
I'm not a snowflake, I'm probably one of the toughest broads you know...
I'm a conservative independent, however, I draw a line when it comes to teasing kids to the point of tears.

https://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/...-teasing-kids/

Now and older kid, that's fine, but those little young kids, that they're parents made them cry, that was pathetic and wrong....

I don't see how any of this is amusing in the least.....

Good Luck to the parent whose kid thinks it's ok to hurt others with words and goes to school and tells a kid he is ugly....b/c that is what these parents are doing, they are telling the kids it's ok to do so, to hurt others....it is unacceptable behavior.

And this is one of the reasons why so many kids today are bullied.

I'm surely not the smartest sharpest pin on the block, but I can't believe anyone would condone doing this to a little toddler....so mean....

snowflake, Hah, there ya go, resorting to calling someone a name rather than discussing it....
Lots of hand wringing hyperbole here.

Like I said...internet forums are the Olympics of hyperbole. There is no moderation or gray areas. Priceless.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Lots of hand wringing hyperbole here.

Like I said...internet forums are the Olympics of hyperbole. There is no moderation or gray areas. Priceless.
might be hyperbole to you, but pranking a "child" to hurt them or make them cry and laughing at it, is not hyperbole, it is a very thoughtless and cruel and for what, just to film a video and get it on TV...

Also, to the parents whose children flipped them the bird b/c they were told, mom had eaten all they’re candy, shows exactly what kind of parenting skills they are being subjected to…or should I say, lack of parenting skills.

If you do it to them, they will do it, in school to other kids, thinking that it's ok to do so....and that is why so many kids today are being bullied in school. It’s b/c of the parents….they are learning this from the parents, hearing the parents talking, swearing, and acting out in a way that exhibits no control over their emotions.
Some parents just shouldn't be parents....period.

and, I might add, putting all forums into one neat little category to fit your agenda, is not only a deterrent on your part….

we can agree to disagree, but generalizing about all forums is generalizing about all people who are indifferent to your opinion

But I will say this, the way that some people, (not nearly all) write in forms these days, proves how immature and uncaring they really are….is it any wonder kids become malicious little terrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s872j3JvtOQ

and I bet if someone reported Jimmy Falon to Child Welfare, he'd be corrected but quick...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting